Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

jyrka posted:

Will Arsenal win the league, goons?

Maybe, maybe

I can't believe we're doing this well even with all the injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Hardflip posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34705246

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has been given a one-match stadium suspension with immediate effect and fined £40,000 by the Football Association.

haha he's going to get a twitter update about his sacking like the rest of us haha

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If Arsenal win the league they would do it in the most Arsenal way possible. It would happen after they go out of the CL in the group stages, and lose early in the FA cup. Aguero wouldn't play more than 2 more matches this season. Arteta would score the title winning goal after Joel Campbell's shot is blocked. Sunderland would stay up with 30 points thanks to 6 points from doing the double over the gunners.

In other words it would make Chelsea's title win last season look exciting.

Of course Chelsea continuing to implode would go some way towards balancing out how disappointing Arsenal winning the league would be, but it would still be a stain on the premier league.

nice meltdown

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Blaming Barthalona for 'ruining football' and implying that everyone needs to all go back to playing 4-4-2 is the most english thing i've read in these last couple threads. Let go of the past. Adapt. Possession and press heavy ball is great.

Gigi Galli posted:

So what happened to Darmian? He was great for Italy when he last played but that was a while ago. Has he let the initial success go to his head?

He hasn't looked the same since he got wrecked by Sanchez. Think he got moved around from right to left as well for a minute there.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Bellerin out with a groin injury for the Bayern match.

gently caress

my

life

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Montero gave him loads of problems throughout the match. I meant to say he looked "a bit poo poo" certainly not terrible but not up to his standard.

Agreed. Montero is a very very good winger though.

Both Bellerin and Monreal were mediocre this weekend.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Ciprian Maricon posted:

They always look worse when there is a bit of defending to do. Bellerin's heroic run back to take the ball from Gomis aside they always have groan inducing moment or two when there is a lot of defending to do.

I'm not sure its a fair criticism of the players, its certainly fair to say both players are instructed to go up a lot more and contribute to the attack and both Bellerin and Monreal really look great when they are making wonderful runs, playing 1-2, crossing etc. I think it would be asking an awful lot for a player to do able to do both tasks really well.

Still that leaves whole matches or patches of time where they look lacking in defensive nous. Bellerin certainly got caught out a lot by Montero at Swansea and last night against Bayern Monreal looked like he belonged in MLS.

That seems the role of a modern fullback though so I guess maybe I need to recalibrate what I consider good defensive work from that position. But when I see Bellerin or Monreal struggle like the later did at Bayern I wish the club had the option of a more old school fullback to really contribute to a solid defense.

I think I disagree with you on Nacho. Yes he struggled against bayern, but that's loving Bayern. That current squad has world class players in every position. They have world class players on the bench ffs. He did quite well against muller and lahm in the first match at least.

Most of the time he's defensively quite solid imo. I mean, for a team that has organization as poor as Arsenal does. I agree with you on Bellerin, but then again look at who he's partnered with on the wings. Ox and Ramsey...

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
reminder that thottenham were eliminated by a flamini brace last time out. they're poo poo.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

seems like this would actually explain the extremely poo poo Arsenal injury records

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
United and City are dropping points this weekend.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Der Shovel posted:

Also, Martial, Carrick, Rooney, Valencia and Fellaini are out at least for the Watford game :rip:

Deeney is going to abuse that powderpuff front line of depay-wilson-lingard-whoever

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Apparently Coquelin has some sort of MCL injury.

It's a good thing Arsene Wenger purchased a defensive midfielder and got rid of all his old ineffectual players

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

blue footed boobie posted:

3 months, apparently. Wouldn't be so bad, but Arteta is broken and really poo poo.

He honestly can't play 30 minutes without his calf breaking, it's incredible.

I can see wengy eventually playing the polish kid or even chambers (lol) at dm

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Broletariat posted:

chambers (lol) at dm

Looks like ^^^^ is actually happening.

Gonna be an entertaining 3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Shoren posted:

Depends on when Ramsey is fit again. Fortunately for Arsenal, their next three matches are against Norwich, Sunderland, and Villa, so Coquelin's absence won't be felt as harshly yet.

He's fit already and training for Dinamo.

I'm actually a bit surprised Wenger isn't considering pulling a Gilberto with Gabriel and playing him higher. He's pretty good at winning the ball back, guess he doesn't have faith in his passing.

• Locked thread