Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just want hot Vulcans with perky tits.

:synpa:

Some decontamination scenes wouldn't hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

I'd rather see an all-Klingon alt-episode of a human-centric series. Like, for one episode they'd focus on the Klingons dealing with their own weird space thing and the main cast would be peripherally involved. At the end of the episode the Klingon cast would learn a lesson about honor or blood or something, rather than sharing.

The main crew are busy trying to stop Alien group A from destroying Alien Group B

The Klingons are there because it's disputed territory between the Cardassians and the Klingons.

The Federation has no idea the Klingons are there due to cloaking or some poo poo and they spend the whole episode pleading with the bad Aliens to not destroy the other moon the good ones live on, but discover the bad aliens are actually trying to destroy the "good aliens" because they're using illegal Cardassian bio weapons to wipe out their entire populace because it kills reproductive cells and sterilizes planets. And right as things get out of hand and it looks like the Fed ship[ will get nuked by the Aliens who are retaliating and the other aliens are preparing to launch bio bombs at the others, the Klingon fleet uncloaks, destroys the incoming space nuke, annihilates the aliens with the bio-weapons and destroys the other aliens for having Klingon weapons that they had stolen. It takes less than 12 seconds and the crew of the Fed ship get a hail from the Klingons "Thanks, I didn;t know which ones we needed to kill so we thought "The Federation loves this poo poo, we'll let them figure it out and we'll solve the rest." Then takes a sip of his drink and says "And you guys should have seen the look on your faces." then the com screen turns off and the Klingon fleet just leaves

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Doctor would be a Klingon with a policy of "tough love." the doctor's sex doesn't matter. (This is assuming the series takes place concurrently with or immediately after TNG).

The Security Chief would be a human woman. Preferably thick, Black and sassy.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

That was a good episode.

The one where they got tied up together and he went face first into her tits was also good.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Alec Baldwin would make a good Captain. He's not as short as I'd like but he can do crazy and self absorbed very well.

Another actor to consider would be Jason Alexander, though he might be getting a little old.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
im happy about the trek, BUT, and i want to make this clear for the record, i DONT want to touch or gently caress kids.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Richard Belzer as Captain Hawkins, constantly blaming Section 31 for every single thing that happens

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

im happy about the trek, BUT, and i want to make this clear for the record, i DONT want to touch or gently caress kids.

Seem a bit too defensive about it, something definitely seems fishy here.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Didn't Riker already gently caress one of those?

Trip taught one how to read in Enterprise and I believe brought about the end to an entire race because then they all wanted equal rights

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I understand the not loving but not touching? What are you going to do if you have a kid? Just hold your hands in the air and constantly nope the gently caress out? Thanks for bringing another developmentally disabled dude into the world, brother.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

God forbid we go without AAtrek loving any loving 6 month olds :aatrek:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

and thus the wheel of trek vs wars youtube videos will continue to turn for a yet another pathetic generation

naem
May 29, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

I want a series that's all the eye candy lady characters- just Borg lady and Vulcan boob lady and a Troy type character and a lady doctor, just ladies in space fighting other green ladies (ladies)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
One of the crewmen should be a hovering obelisk of obsidian. It would not be CGI I want it done with practical effects. It communicates telepathically but the audience can't hear what it says and must deduce it from the context of other characters' replies.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
it could be fun if there's some talent behind it

TV has had its bars raised a lot over the years

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

One of the crewmen should be a hovering obelisk of obsidian. It would not be CGI I want it done with practical effects. It communicates telepathically but the audience can't hear what it says and must deduce it from the context of other characters' replies.

bring back the hovering bubble clown alien from Risa or whatever featured in the avatar of ex-admin "Ralp"

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Applewhite posted:

and despite its stately and refined appearance, everything it says is profoundly randy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
what ethnicities should we cast for this new movie

I'm thinking at least one asian with some sort of martial arts skills...possibly a sword?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

VectorSigma posted:

and despite its stately and refined appearance, everything it says is profoundly randy

*Obelisk hovers past a female crewman bending over a console, she abruptly straightens up with a gasp of shocked outrage and covers her behind*

The female extra for this scene should have a v. big butt so Oblelisk is saying what we're all thinking.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Come on Deep Space 10

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What gender is the obelisk?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

what ethnicities should we cast for this new movie

I'm thinking at least one asian with some sort of martial arts skills...possibly a sword?

George Takei, the original Sulu, is a fencing enthusiast irl and they worked his hobby into an episode of TOS. The reboot scene with the sword was a nod to that.

Zzulu posted:

What gender is the obelisk?

He uses male pronouns but his race is genderless.

Funny story that dovetails both with Sulu and "Zzulu."

When I was little, I thought Sulu's name was "Zulu" and also, upon becoming aware of the African Zulu tribe, begged my parents for us to go visit Africa, mistakenly believing I would encounter a race of men who were all identical clones of the Sulu from TV.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This new asian cast member will be called Zulu, son of Sulu

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You know how The Office started out focusing basically only on Michael, Dwight, Jim and Pam, but gradually came to encompass the personalities and story arcs of everyone in the office? I kind of want to do that with a Star Trek series. Start out with the heavy hitters on the bridge, but over a couple of seasons we'd get to know a lot more people on the crew.

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Has CBS ever made anything worth watching for anyone not an AARP member?

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

Applewhite posted:

I wish Disney would buy Star Trek they would make a great TV series out of it.

I wish Disney would buy Star Trek so they could make an actual, official Star Trek/Star Wars crossover and the nerd tears would ensure there is never a drought again.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Randumb Thots posted:

I wish Disney would buy Star Trek so they could make an actual, official Star Trek/Star Wars crossover and the nerd tears would ensure there is never a drought again.

That's ridiculous.

You can't drink salt water.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
CBS more like GBS lmbo

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

You know how The Office started out focusing basically only on Michael, Dwight, Jim and Pam, but gradually came to encompass the personalities and story arcs of everyone in the office? I kind of want to do that with a Star Trek series. Start out with the heavy hitters on the bridge, but over a couple of seasons we'd get to know a lot more people on the crew.

Single camera Star Trek? I like where this is headed.

I like the idea of Jim reaction shots every time Chipotle talks about his Indian spirituality on that one with lady Columbo.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bob Saget IRL posted:

Has CBS ever made anything worth watching for anyone not an AARP member?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
UPN for the win

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Can't wait to hear "to boldly go where no one has gone before, uss enterprise, Shields up, beam down, fire phasers" etc again.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
It had better have Worf in it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Thats literally how the series' work.

Theres the Main 3 (Picard Riker Data) and a group of supporting mains (Worf, Jordie, Troy, Beverly) that get developed but are mostly just there.

Then you got your side arcs, Esign Ro, Barclay, and Wesley.

But at least one of the main 3 will be in the episode, and the first few seasons are them coming to terms with there hilarious starting problems. (data=whining, Riker=commanding and not just loving, and Picard freaks out about children. After that they explore the rest of the crew through there eyes.

Example. Wesley cant get stuck on a desert planet and have to get home, he is stuck with Picard.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
A series where Barclay has made it to being the bumbling XO on a ship would be pretty funny

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

NotWearingPants posted:

Single camera Star Trek? I like where this is headed.

I like the idea of Jim reaction shots every time Chipotle talks about his Indian spirituality on that one with lady Columbo.

Haha yeah that'd be great.

It's be funny to do a theme ep (it probably wouldn't work as a series) that is shot mockumentary style and have the characters acknowledge the camera and give little asides in the privacy booth between shots.

Geordi: Riker? I like him okay, but sometimes his jokes are a little off putting.

*cut to footage of Riker making a racially insensitive joke. While he's yukking it up, zoom in on Geordi's expression of discomfort*

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Didn't Michael Dorn pitch a series where Worf would go on Klingon killing adventures?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Daimo posted:

Didn't Michael Dorn pitch a series where Worf would go on Klingon killing adventures?

That would be without honor.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Daimo posted:

Can't wait to hear "to boldly go where no one has gone before, uss enterprise, Shields up, beam down, fire phasers" etc again.

Actually it's "To boldly go where no man, woman, transperson,or otherkin has gone before" now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Haha yeah that'd be great.

It's be funny to do a theme ep (it probably wouldn't work as a series) that is shot mockumentary style and have the characters acknowledge the camera and give little asides in the privacy booth between shots.

Geordi: Riker? I like him okay, but sometimes his jokes are a little off putting.

*cut to footage of Riker making a racially insensitive joke. While he's yukking it up, zoom in on Geordi's expression of discomfort*

Really the entire episode being people complaining about Riker would own. Just showing he's the only person on the ship with any social skills besides Crusher, who is only mad that he never made a run at her

• Locked thread