Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The Vulcan in enterprise was sexy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bombadilillo posted:

Except for Jordie. He got rejected by a computer, which was as close to loving as he got.

Lavar Burton is convinced the writers "couldn't handle black male sexuality" but Worf fucks up a storm. :iiam:

Also fun fact. Data gets laid before Riker in TNG. (Though we meet Riker in a space brothel so he might be freshly whored up offscreen)

Coincidentally blackish beast mode alien hosed like a animal, but human-goddamn-being black guy nerdin' out of control... imo lavar might be on to something.

Ps reading rainbow was good and I'm real glad he's still working on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Since this therad is aobut nerd space poo poo no one cares about: I was pretty bummed to find out StarGate Universe was canceled and I didn't get to know if they ever made it home or not. Also LOL @ intergalactic body-stealing lesbian sex.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I hope someone has pointed out that Kes from voyager, who was five years old but mentally and physically an adult so she could be boned is now a sex offender. http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/15/star-trek-voyager-actress-jennifer-lien-arrested-exposing-herself-kids-mug-shot/

Uncle Wemus posted:

The Vulcan in enterprise was sexy

Hell yeah.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

funzo2226 posted:

Klingon based series where they explain wtf they did to their faces between TOS and TNG

Also, I would like some backstory about Soong type androids and possibly the borg because these are my favorite things about TNG.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I hope theyre finally bringing Tyranids into play.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's gonna suck, but if they tailor it to old fans I'll still watch. gently caress me right?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Everyone itt will watch.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

It's gonna suck, but if they tailor it to old fans I'll still watch. gently caress me right?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Remember how bad the pilot of Enterprise was? Haha

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

space farmer with space shotgun is klingon first contact?

they're really gonna go with that, huh?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Bombadilillo posted:

Galaxy is split in 4 quarters.

Alpha is federation
Beta is Klingon empire
Gamma is DS9 wormhole went to
Delta is Voyagerville

I think DS9 wormhole is fartherest but its all unclear.

They would need to upgrade there technology insanley to get to another galaxy.

SOMEONE STOP THIS MAN HE'S BEING WRONG ABOUT STAR TREK

Earth is right on the border of alpha and beta see and the federation has a bunch of poo poo on both sides. The actual amount of explored space in either the quandrants there is tiny, if you put your thumb over earth that's basically it. Here's a closer view, the vertical red line being the divider between alpha and beta:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
This isn't what Gene wanted for us.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Crazyeyes posted:

This isn't what Gene wanted for us.

Gene Lied, Yar Died

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

chaosbreather posted:

SOMEONE STOP THIS MAN HE'S BEING WRONG ABOUT STAR TREK

Earth is right on the border of alpha and beta see and the federation has a bunch of poo poo on both sides. The actual amount of explored space in either the quandrants there is tiny, if you put your thumb over earth that's basically it. Here's a closer view, the vertical red line being the divider between alpha and beta:

so all the blue is federation?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

ok this one's better

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shadow posted:

ok this one's better

Why would there be a Martian empire are they humans?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

I was about to ask the same thing

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
dividing up a galaxy into quadrants doesn't make much sense, all the stars are constantly orbiting the center. that would be like saying Jupiter is on the left side of the solar system. the star systems near the center of the galaxy are going to orbit faster than the ones on the edge, and constantly change which "quadrant" they are in

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

dividing up a galaxy into quadrants doesn't make much sense, all the stars are constantly orbiting the center. that would be like saying Jupiter is on the left side of the solar system. the star systems near the center of the galaxy are going to orbit faster than the ones on the edge, and constantly change which "quadrant" they are in

Yeah over the course of a few thousand years.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

couldn't the quadrants rotate too?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Professor Shark posted:

couldn't the quadrants rotate too?

The stars aren't all rotating at the same pace.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Shadow posted:

ok this one's better

Blacktron is my favourite Lego subtheme

hi other Star Trek thread :)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Rutibex posted:

They'll have to update the map in 500,000 years.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

VendaGoat posted:

Gene Lied, Yar Died

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Rutibex posted:

the prime meridian is bullshit, man; the earth's rotating once every 24 hours, it just keeps changing position

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Riddle me this; Why do they call it the left side of the boat if it isn't always the side on your left?

oh wait

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I hope someone has pointed out that Kes from voyager, who was five years old but mentally and physically an adult so she could be boned is now a sex offender. http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/15/star-trek-voyager-actress-jennifer-lien-arrested-exposing-herself-kids-mug-shot/

For what it's worth, I really hope that charge doesn't stick. This woman is clearly batshit out of her mind, and was running around naked on the street because she was bat poo poo and not to attract the unfortunate children scarred by what could not have been a pleasant sight.

Given she let the cops in then fought them as she was dragged out and all the rest make me think she needs a padded cell, not a jail cell. She is clearly insane as poo poo.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

the prime meridian is bullshit, man; the earth's rotating once every 24 hours, it just keeps changing position

haha

do you really not get it or are you just loving around by saying they are equivalent arguments?

everything on earth moves with the earth's rotation on its axis and its revolution around the sun

the stars in the milky way all move around the center of the galaxy but not at the same rate or along the same elliptical path so those borders will not make much sense for very long (mind you, thousands and thousands of years)

the map itself doesn't make much sense being in 2D in the first place, but Star Trek had trouble with that concept in general so we can forgive that.

we can forgive all of it really because

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Tighclops posted:

hi other Star Trek thread :)

HI :)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

I have to admit I want to know this now, what the gently caress?

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Because regardless of everything you said you can still draw axes through the center of the galaxy based on the earth's elliptical as a simple shorthand for relative location in the galaxy and make updates as needed. is your concerned that this is ethnocentric?

Moltke
May 13, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to admit I want to know this now, what the gently caress?

This is a lovely fandom map and not a canon map.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shadow posted:

ok this one's better

wait so what did the spoonheads own during the dominion war in ds9? because they were attacking klingon and romulan poo poo too. should i just assume they had all the federation space north of MSI?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Remember the episode of Voyager where Kes goes into estrus or whatever her stupid species does and she's all eating dirt and tons of replicated ice cream and it turns out her womb is on her shoulder and she can only give birth once because her stupid species only lives for 15 years and Neelix is like "should I gently caress your shoulder womb thing" and it's a big gross moral dilemma because she's like 10 years old and he's a creepy space pedophile?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

angerbeet posted:

Remember the episode of Voyager where Kes goes into estrus or whatever her stupid species does and she's all eating dirt and tons of replicated ice cream and it turns out her womb is on her shoulder and she can only give birth once because her stupid species only lives for 15 years and Neelix is like "should I gently caress your shoulder womb thing" and it's a big gross moral dilemma because she's like 10 years old and he's a creepy space pedophile?

No. I don't. :stare:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Professor Shark posted:

Holy Moley this is a good character. Can we turn this into some sort of Rowdy Trout Postbot that randomly drops into threads and says sexually inappropriate things?

Rowdy Trout, meet Randy Slab

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

wait so what did the spoonheads own during the dominion war in ds9? because they were attacking klingon and romulan poo poo too. should i just assume they had all the federation space north of MSI?

The map is only a cross section of what is a staggeringly tall volume, 3000 ly, so things that look disconnected may not be.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Applewhite posted:

No. I don't. :stare:

Oh wait I was wrong she was two when Neelix is all like "should I gently caress your shoulder tumor or nah"

quote:

In response to Voyager‍ '​s exposure to the swarm of aliens, Kes (Jennifer Lien) begins eating abnormally, including insects and soil. In sickbay, she has a fever, a dangerously elevated pulse and blood pressure, and a tumorous growth on her back. She resists The Doctor’s treatment and locks herself in his office, finally relenting only to explain to Captain Janeway that she’s undergoing the elogium: the Ocampa mating cycle. This process only happens once and usually affects Ocampa between four and five years old—but Kes is not even two years old yet. Neelix (Ethan Phillips) and Kes agonize over whether to have children and the ramifications of becoming parents

Anyways Voyager was the best Star Trek Captain Janeway go 4eva

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

lol butt cleavage eww

• Locked thread