Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I'm sure the base building mechanic is gonna be shallower/worse than Bethesda claims it will be but I'm still excited for dressing up my character + their dollhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nightwisher posted:

but youer excited about a bad game eonwe

that makes u bad too

woah

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Wait a minute, Fallout thread for "stable" people? Is this a thread for the upcoming Fallout Equestria fan game?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Byolante posted:

The graphics look pretty bad for a game in 2015 so people are probably losing their minds over that. Mad Max already shower how to make a post apocalyptic wasteland look good recently.

I will probably buy this game when it goes on sale because I don't trust Bethesda to launch a working product but they will launch a fun game once all the bugs are fixed.

That and modders will probably fix the worst of the color muddiness. I can't wait for making frakenweapons and minecraft houses though. Finally a reason to collect scrap, plungers and toy cars.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

strong bird posted:

This thread is superfluous, as there is already a Fallout 4 thread on this forum.

my feelings are that there is not a posting drought so we may have multiple threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like posting and making threads so i made this thread as a more relaxed and cool way to talk about games

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
take all the drugs eat all the food shoot all the guns drink out of every toilet

its gonna be fun as fuuuuuck

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I am going to take every item in every desk, locker, cabinet and container and loot every single thing off of every single corpse

I will do this for 400 hours

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

im not judging i just wanted to let you know

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Raged posted:

After talking to a few co-workers who don't really play video games except for Fallout I realized I don't care about the game having the best graphics. I just care that it is fun.

It reminded me why I really like games.

This is a good post, and I think you may also be a good person.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Pirate Jet posted:

I'm sure the base building mechanic is gonna be shallower/worse than Bethesda claims it will be but I'm still excited for dressing up my character + their dollhouse.

modders will fix what original sin ships with the game allahu akbar

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pirate Jet posted:

When I played Fallout 3 and NV I set up houses with a bunch of items to decorate them even with the wonky physics engine that made stuff explode over the room on a regular basis. If this game just lets me super glue stuff to the ground I'll be happy.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Game look's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7rULSzCl5w

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

im not attached friend, i just think i am excited to play a game

but i respect your opinion and am glad you have posted it here

thank you

it might just be me, but its hard for me to think any stable person would be excited for video game to be released or any product.

Perhaps I am dead inside, idk.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Snatch Duster posted:

it might just be me, but its hard for me to think any stable person would be excited for video game to be released or any product.

well im not sure friend

i think im a pretty stable person and i still find joy in video games similar to how i did when i was a kid

i think thats an okay way to live life as long as you dont let it mess with the responsibilities you have

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Snatch Duster posted:

i think, in general, it's okay to look forward to things, such as an event or a movie coming out for example.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
ok i've watched a few videos now and yeah yeah i get it it's not crysis 4, but aside from that is there anything gameplay-wise that looks lovely? i wasn't even following this game up until 20 minutes ago.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Eonwe posted:

my feelings are that there is not a posting drought so we may have multiple threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like posting and making threads so i made this thread as a more relaxed and cool way to talk about games

I support you.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Last semester I met a dude in class who talked about Fallout Equestria being one of the greatest works of art in the modern world. He had a cockeye and was balding severely at 20 years old. Thats my knowledge of the fanbase.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I think Bethesda Game Studios* is the only developer I've seen that doesn't eventually cave to the pressure of adding microtransactions and 50 tiny costume packs at $5 apiece to their games so buying their games is a proposition I'm pretty okay with.

*The developer not the publisher, so ESO doesn't count, kay

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
Is this the safe space where we can relax without someone suggesting that the product we've been looking forward to make all the bad feelings go away might not be everything we've dreamed?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Nimble Runs 2 months ago
+AUWGH SHET It's based on an extremely long fanfic called Fallout: Equestria. not a half bad read.

loving lol

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
With Fallout 4 coming out, the Fallout Equestria dev team is in disarray knowing they're modding an obsolete game. gently caress you Bethesda.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

I think Bethesda Game Studios* is the only developer I've seen that doesn't eventually cave to the pressure of adding microtransactions and 50 tiny costume packs at $5 apiece to their games so buying their games is a proposition I'm pretty okay with.

*The developer not the publisher, so ESO doesn't count, kay

I would not be surprised if mods cost money on consoles.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Is this the safe space where we can relax without someone suggesting that the product we've been looking forward to make all the bad feelings go away might not be everything we've dreamed?

a good rule of thumb for a healthy and fulfilling life is to find peace and good feelings from within, that way good or bad games do not create an impact on ones life. namaste

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pirate Jet posted:

With Fallout 4 coming out, the Fallout Equestria dev team is in disarray knowing they're modding an obsolete game. gently caress you Bethesda.

this is a tragedy for everypony, tbqh

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

well im not sure friend

i think im a pretty stable person and i still find joy in video games similar to how i did when i was a kid

i think thats an okay way to live life as long as you dont let it mess with the responsibilities you have

The word you might be looking for is stunted, maybe. I mean stable seems a little adult, and as we all know adults are jaded by life.

The only excitement adults should have for the future is the sweet release of death.

Perhaps I am dead inside.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
where's the thread for people with brain problems but not the brain problems that the people in the other thread have?

that is the thread i want to post in

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Bethesda tends not to have the greatest track record with fourth iterations of their games...

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

nightwisher posted:

Nimble Runs 2 months ago
+AUWGH SHET It's based on an extremely long fanfic called Fallout: Equestria. not a half bad read.

loving lol

what is wrong with this person

quote:

AUWGH SHET 2 months ago
I'm sorry, but this is the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen. I can't say the game looks like poo poo because obviously this game was made by people who know what they're doing. So I'm not gonna poo poo on that.

The concept is what's loving stupid. So you're telling me the horses built loving nukes? You're taking a happy kids show and shoving into a desolate apocolypse setting and that meshes about as well as if you took loving Strawberry Shortcake and put her in loving WWII. Doesn't mesh well, does it?

If you think about it, you're loving over 1/3 if not 2/3 of the population because they can't hold guns nor can they hold any weapon really. And flying mutants, creatures and ghouls would stop any pegasi too. So only the unicorns would have any use at all. And remember, they're horses. They break a leg, they're hosed. And your telling me, the horses, who in the show barely had lightbulbs, now can loving build underground vaults, guns, and lasers? Can you smell the bullshit? I sure can. And don't tell me that "oh they had a huge growth in technology" because if they have magic to do literally everything, why would they need anything more than lights for their homes?

The funny thing is there are many bronys who actually think that this is poo poo too so thank god for that. Not everything needs to be in your loving pony image. Call me butthurt all you want but you know that deep down on some level, you all know that from a writer's standpoint and even from an animator's standpoint, this idea is loving stupid and makes little to no sense.
Show less

quote:

AUWGH SHET 2 months ago
+OvermareStudios I don't expect you to explain the concept of this game. If this game is based off the fanfiction, then the explaining would fall to the guy that wrote the fanfiction.

But to be perfectly honest, the more I think about it, the more I realize just how much love and effort you guys are putting into this project. Hell, just getting 70+ people together to make something like a game is a feat within itself. And as someone who's going to school to learn how to make games as well as teaching myself, I feel that I know effort when I see it.

And to tell the truth, I'm actually kinda curious as to how this game is gonna turn out and hell, I might even play it. I mean, I hate this concept. But if the game around it is solid enough, then it might be alright.

So good luck to you guys, hope you don't hit too many hiccups during production.

THEY GOT TO HIM

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bloodychill posted:

where's the thread for people with brain problems but not the brain problems that the people in the other thread have?

that is the thread i want to post in

thats this thread

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
I don't know how from looking at the footage that's come out they can make the dialogue for the npc's passable to great but kind of waste the voiced main character with a bland and neutral tone. I would have liked to see a little personality in the dialogue ala New Vegas. I'd even say given that they were going with a more mass effect style dialogue system anyway there's not much good reason for not differentiating the usual four choices with a bit of character. All the sarcasm options have seemed so flat which is a shame.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

strong bird posted:

I would not be surprised if mods cost money on consoles.

Neither would I, to be honest.

But I'm on PC so gently caress you got mine.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
"Ponies built nukes?" Not exactly, there is an invention called a "megaspell" that amplifies magical power to a devastating amount, and Equestrian megaspells are actually big chambers that unicorns walk into and channel their magic into to fire it, so its sort of not a nuke. The Zebra (yes the enemy of equestria in the war was the zebras) managed to make their own megaspells that enhanced alchemical weapons, thus creating balefire bombs. "They can't hold guns" a good point, but one that is easily refutable because it was thought of. Equestria (and probably the zebras) had made devices to overcome this, and the one i like most is the battlesaddle, which is essentially a gun rack that holds a weapon on each side and has a mechanism to fire with a sort of trigger near the mouth. "they break a leg, they're hosed" Come on, this is fallout, set the bone and inject stimpaks (or in this case, down some healing potions) "barely had lightbulbs" they had jukeboxes and fridges in the show, in fact i think their tech was like 1920 or farther, its just hard to believe that people who live in cottages would have tech that good. "build underground vaults, guns, and lasers?" Well the laser is easiest to explain so, you know how "magic can literally do anything" well if something can shoot lasers out of its face, its easy for it to make something to do the same. Lasers are powered by a gemstone that is enchanted with a spell, nothing more, its not that high tech, it's just magic. If I recall conventional firearms were first developed by griffons and then made their way to Equestria a little before the start of the war, you could argue that they wouldn't be able to develop as fast as they did in their 3 to 5 decades of war, but meh. The vaults though, while they would have the technology to build them (its practically just lights and a door outside of the magical elements like making purified water), I'm not sure how they built so many of them considering they may have only had a few years at best to predict that the world was going to end. "Magic can literally do everything" While yes or no, magic needs to be trained for years that a majority of unicorns don't have time for (even in the show, most unicorns don't know very much magic) and two thirds of the population doesn't have access to this luxury, so they invent. Plus if you trained someone for years just for them to die in their first battle, you've wasted a perfectly good soldier who shouldn't have been in the front of the battle. Ooh god this is long, but hopefully this sheds some light on how parts of it aren't bad and some of it is well thought out

Hafl
Mar 17, 2009

Why yes, I am a crazy cat lady.

The Droid posted:

Wait a minute, Fallout thread for "stable" people? Is this a thread for the upcoming Fallout Equestria fan game?

I sure hope so.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Gonna buy game, enjoy the poo poo out of it, get lost trying to explore and do all the sidequests, then quit after putting like 50 hours in and not beating the game.

Just like I did with New Vegas.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is "stable people" some kind of brony slang?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pirate Jet posted:

I would be totally unsurprised if since its still running on gamebryo you could very easily drag across your macho man randy savage dragons and pony skins

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

this thread:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I don't think this thread was necessary.

Nor do I believe that the people who post in it are stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Stunt Rock posted:

Gonna buy game, enjoy the poo poo out of it, get lost trying to explore and do all the sidequests, then quit after putting like 50 hours in and not beating the game.

Just like I did with New Vegas.

This but I'm going to do it every time they put out an expansion then never get to the expansion.

• Locked thread