Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
I did some stat collecting regarding the Observer Awards for an article I wrote for CCN up through 2014. The relevant part is here:

quote:

WWE Raw alone won the 2014 Wrestling Observer Newsletter award vote for “Worst Television Show,” a feat it had previously accomplished four additional times since 2001, when WCW folded. Within that same 15-year time frame, all of the Worst Feud of the Year winners, two thirds of the Worst Matches of the Year, roughly half of the Worst Gimmicks, 12 of the 15 Worst Announcer Awards (placing second the remaining 3 times), and every single Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic award aside from TNA signing Pacman Jones were given to WWE.

For 2015 they have once again won Worst Television Show, Worst Feud, Worst Gimmick, Worst Announcer, and Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic. Lucky for them about TripleMania being such a disaster to get Worst Match. But with the amount of bad so vastly outweighing the amount of good to be found in WWE programming (and most of the votes for the Best awards went to non-WWE recipients), and with so much WWE programming a week, why continue watching Raw with such fervent dedication? If you know the show will be that terrible, as it has been for the better part of these last fifteen years, what harm is there in just watching the replay and fast-forwarding past all the stuff you know is garbage? Is it for the enjoyment of reacting to it in real-time with lots of people? How long until even that entertainment value fails to outweigh the fact that you're spending the better part of 3 hours and 15 minutes a week on a product that is, per these awards, mostly incredibly un-enjoyable throughout?

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread