Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Air is lava! posted:

It's quite sad, really.

It really is. :( It would actually be soul-crushingly depressing if it weren't for the songs.

For example, Rebecca immediately latches onto Josh after seeing him again for the first time in almost a decade. Why? Because the time she spent at summer camp with him as her sort-of boyfriend was the last time she was ever truly happy, and she just wants to be happy again.

Everything we've seen before that point shows her broken home filled with loneliness and everything we've seen after that shows her being forced into a life of her mother's own making. Josh is the answer to life being good and being worth living.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
[quote="LITERALLY A BIRD" post="452773028"]
It's mainly about a smart, successful, charming woman, who nonetheless is having a massive breakdown.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

she's smart but she's also not smart

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Ugh that ep was soooooo good.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This was a really great episode. I loved it!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

sbaldrick posted:

It's mainly about a smart, successful, charming woman, who nonetheless is having a massive breakdown.

Phoon posted:

she's smart but she's also not smart

haha yes, both of these

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, Greg is a good person and the American health care system still sucks.

Those songs where both really good as well.
"Thanks for this this town three short hours from the beach, where all of your dreams can stay just out of reach." is a clever line and Santino Fontana has a great voice to deliver it.
Also even though the show clearly presents her as the enemy, Valencia is quite relatable and objectively right. Josh is kind of an rear end in a top hat to her.
The only character I don't like at all so far is Paula. She just doesn't do anything for me and I am pretty sure, she is not an healthy influence for poor Rebecca.

If this show keeps topping itself like this, I will be really sad once it eventually gets canceled.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
The rap was amazing. "got the Chan fam damp in their underpants"

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

MrBuddyLee posted:

The rap was amazing. "got the Chan fam damp in their underpants"

The explicit version is even better.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
I wish this show was on FXX and paired with "You're the Worst". The only 2 shows I explicitly turn off my phone and 2nd monitor for so I can pay better attention.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Great episode and the tag killed me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Speaking of portly puppies!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Oh my god!
"Your home is such a beautiful comfortable space. :stare: Like my pussy, you too have wonderful taste."
"Praise the hard wood, complement their china. Give them hard wood and a drenched vagina."

The dissonance in tone really makes this great. I must have watched that 6 times now.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I love the explicit versions she's been putting on her channel, though my favorite has to be the explicit good person song so far.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Oh no the world broke greg :ohdear:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hello I crammed through every episode of this show over the weekend and it's my new favorite show. the title is really bad but a friend recommended I give it a chance and here we are today.

Phoon posted:

Oh no the world broke greg :ohdear:

I love that they had Greg do a song; it's implied that it's all been in Rebecca's head so far, but now he's catching the crazy, too.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

This is my 3rd favourite song from this show, which says a lot given how good some are.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Paula's descent into madness is much more disconcerting than Rebecca's

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The explicited version of the yoga song talks about how Rebecca thinks Valence doesn't think anal hurts and she prefers it with a look on her face like "I want those things"

this loving show.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I think in the tv/non explicit version she says "butt stuff"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Well this happened.

It's quite amusing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

They should really change their motto to "Actually less than two hours from the beach."

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Air is lava! posted:

They should really change their motto to "Actually less than two hours from the beach."

"45 minutes from the beach in traffic"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also someone giffed the best part of the episode.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
Miracles are real; the CW orders another 5 episodes.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I'm extremely stoked

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I was literally JUST LAMENTING to my boyfriend that it's like a seven-episode season that might not get renewed, I'm so happy :neckbeard: that only got published today too wow.

also both songs last week were stellar but I watched Greg's a few times because I love Billy Joel and I am starting to also love Greg. A good episode.

ALSO I just realized math means this is a 13 episode season not and a 7 goddamnit Wikipedia why did you lie to me?

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 24, 2015

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

The dining room table and tandem parking jokes, holy gently caress at those. Amazing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sexy gonna do it song

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm extremely surprised that none of the songs have gone viral. They are all catchy as hell.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
This episode reminded me that people take Dr Phil seriously and now I'm sad

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Sexy gonna do it song

The best song of the show

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Just the truth.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Update: still have "What'll It Be (Hey West Corvina)" stuck in my head, no regrets.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I've purchased all the music, on the vain hope that they look at that in addition to the viewing ratings, on iTunes. I hope it helped them make the decision to extend it.

e: Unrelated, but I just realized a couple days ago that Santino Fontana voiced Prince Hans in Frozen, which was why I naturally distrusted Greg.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 25, 2015

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Senerio posted:

I've purchased all the music, on the vain hope that they look at that in addition to the viewing ratings, on iTunes. I hope it helped them make the decision to extend it.

e: Unrelated, but I just realized a couple days ago that Santino Fontana voiced Prince Hans in Frozen, which was why I naturally distrusted Greg.

Rewatch the show on the CW's website or app. That might help, too, or at least DVR/on demand it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This show is quite good and I hope it gets renewed.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

This show is quite good and I hope it gets renewed.
YOU'RE A GOOD PERSON

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This week's music is amazing.

A Christmas song.

A Hanukkah song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Wow. Bloom makes the best faces. This look of pure desperation is just great.

• Locked thread