Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

god drat all those are loving horrible and bringing back bad memories.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who despises banana runts and banana candy like laffy taffy, I always picked those out and threw them away since they were basically unedible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Will they have paenut at the Walgreens? I'm 100 feet away from a Walgreens which is why I ask

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
if you are going to keep spelling it that way PLEASE at least use the ligature

æ

there, put it on your clipboard

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

proof of concept posted:

These things never did it for me

i haven't had those since like 1995, but i remember a few of the flavorings being pretty good (i think blue and red ones?) and the rest being unedible chalky garbage (brown, tan and orange ones). so you'd end up throwing away like 90% of the package

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Business Gorillas posted:

Will they have paenut at the Walgreens? I'm 100 feet away from a Walgreens which is why I ask

maybe

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Xaris posted:

i haven't had those since like 1995, but i remember a few of the flavorings being pretty good (i think blue and red ones?) and the rest being unedible chalky garbage (brown and other ones).

Orange, cherry, and root beer own. Cola and grape sucked.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Orange, cherry, and root beer own. Cola and grape sucked.

i really hate orange candy too so I thought the orange sucked. root beer candy is also awful but idk if the bottle caps ones sucked i just remember throwing away almost all of the shades-of-brown caps.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

nomadologique posted:

if you are going to keep spelling it that way PLEASE at least use the ligature

æ

there, put it on your clipboard

I am on phone please I am sorry

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:siren: I have found paenut in a discount drug mart that smelled like grease :siren:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

:siren: I have found paenut in a discount drug mart that smelled like grease :siren:

Big Lots?

big lots is where all the grannies go to buy hot garbage to torment their grandchildren

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Are the paenut supposed to be Sandy and gritty? Otherwise they taste like banana runts and thus own

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Xaris posted:

Big Lots?

big lots is where all the grannies go to buy hot garbage to torment their grandchildren

The store is literally called discount drug mart

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Are the paenut supposed to be Sandy and gritty? Otherwise they taste like banana runts and thus own

another convert, a gorilla man

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

the actual worst candy is black jelly beans

also all cinnamon candy sucks except atomic fireballs which I enjoy for some weird drat reason

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the other day i had a cinnamon candy bc someone told me it was strawberry and boy was i pissed

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
circus peanut trip report:

they're still bad and they made my car smell like banana chemicals

all around bad time; would not recommend; 1/5 stars

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

gently caress you

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

What justifies the 1, why not zero?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Monkey Fracas posted:

Careful I heard banana chemicals cause cancer

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Bismuth posted:

Careful I heard banana chemicals cause cancer

is there anything that does not cause cancer

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

death

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

I can see being chained to a wall in a cement room where a TV pops on with Jigsaw telling you to eat all the circus peanuts if you want to get out.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Pneub posted:

There has to be some near-ripoff of these somewhere. How does something like that just loving disappear?
A former employee said the Mars family (of the Mars candy company) hates peanut butter. This hatred is stronger than their love of money.

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.

Avocados posted:

Hey man candy corn isn't that bad. Its a little waxy and odd, but it doesn't have the otherworldly qualities of circus peanuts.

Point at this man and laugh. Candy corn is a scourge upon humanity.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Pneub posted:

There has to be some near-ripoff of these somewhere. How does something like that just loving disappear?

I dunno man. Every year I keep emailing Mars that it's time to bring them back and make trillions. They always thank me and say they are sorry that it's been discontinued.

So then I email Hersheys telling them it's time to bring this back:

And I get the same fuckin answer.

So I go to the store and end up with a Mr. Goodbar.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rules hard.

Honeycomb with chocolate. It shatters when you bite into it and it's mouthwatering. Too bad it's like 4$ a bar and only at world market here

I guess it's Australian

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 8, 2015

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Philthy posted:

I dunno man. Every year I keep emailing Mars that it's time to bring them back and make trillions. They always thank me and say they are sorry that it's been discontinued.

So then I email Hersheys telling them it's time to bring this back:

And I get the same fuckin answer.

So I go to the store and end up with a Mr. Goodbar.

I remember Bar None bars - they were pretty good as I recall. Weird how they just seem to have faded out of existence, yet the market can sustain 8 lb. Snickers bars and other abominations.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

Pneub posted:

I've always been convinced that when stuff like this disappears it's because there was something very wrong with them and they killed a few people and we just weren't told about it. Like those breakfast bars from the eighties that just went away even though they were hugely popular. They were probably poison.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Pneub posted:

I just found this:

quote:

According to former Mars executive Alfred Poe, PB Max was discontinued due to the Mars family's distaste for peanut butter, despite $50 million in sales.

That fucker. That motherfucker. That loving gently caress fucker.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i actually really liked circus peanuts as a kid and now when i see them at a grocery store as an adult im sad because no one likes them, but they have a nostalgia market, so it's like 4 dollars for a bag the size of my palm and i never buy it

thanks for listening, gbs.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

extra stout posted:

i actually really liked circus peanuts as a kid and now when i see them at a grocery store as an adult im sad because no one likes them, but they have a nostalgia market, so it's like 4 dollars for a bag the size of my palm and i never buy it

thanks for listening, gbs.

I got a sack of them on friday for .75 lmao

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

welcome, friend

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
what's the one that basically is a circus peanut, except more appropriately shaped like a banana? I always see them in the bulk food stores.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

nice job how were they? taste like bananas and foam? owns

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

What justifies the 1, why not zero?

They did not cause me undue bodily harm or any other such inconveniences so I cannot in good conscience rate this product a "0"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Philthy posted:

I just found this:

That fucker. That motherfucker. That loving gently caress fucker.

Someone flood social media with something about this, I don't feel like doing it. This is the kind of poo poo that the internet eats the gently caress up. They'll all feel like they're sticking it to the :airquote:Man:airquote: . It's the kinda poo poo that takes off overnight.

• Locked thread