Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
have a circus peanut: they're made from tofu and spider sugar

doesn't hurt the spiders!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

Worst Candy on Earth.

I like these.......................................

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Robo Reagan posted:

tell that to my cousin who works at a circus peanut farm

You misheard him. He said "Circus Penis Farm". Completely different.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

genesplicer posted:

You misheard him. He said "Circus Penis Farm". Completely different.

but enough about nebraska

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

I actually had a student who did a science fair project on how many licks it took to get to the chocolate core. She did an amazing job of collecting data, and doing detailed statistical analysis. Overall, it was a really great example of how to do science. She won the school science fair and went on to the district. However, the judges thought her work was "Too juvenile", ignoring the level of detail in her procedure and her data analysis. It was really kind of sad that they could not see beyond the fact that "It's about candy".

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

genesplicer posted:

I actually had a student who did a science fair project on how many licks it took to get to the chocolate core. She did an amazing job of collecting data, and doing detailed statistical analysis. Overall, it was a really great example of how to do science. She won the school science fair and went on to the district. However, the judges thought her work was "Too juvenile", ignoring the level of detail in her procedure and her data analysis. It was really kind of sad that they could not see beyond the fact that "It's about candy".

as a scientist, let me assure you that it is important for her to learn that if her research is in any way fun, her peers will disdain it

naem
May 29, 2011

circuit penis

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

VendaGoat posted:

Worst Candy on Earth.

What are these, they look like candles

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Bismuth posted:

What are these, they look like candles
You're close. They're wax bottles with sugary liquid inside.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I really liked those as a kid. I couldn't eat more than like 2 or 3 at a time though because the wax getting stuck on my teeth was kinda gross.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Secks Cauldron posted:

You're close. They're wax bottles with sugary liquid inside.

Why. Seriously, why, were these invented before there were any better delivery methods of sugary liquid? Are you supposed to eat the wax like candy corn?

Oh yeah about candy corn, apparently its made of this poo poo:

"Pharmaceutical glaze is an alcohol-based solution of various types of food-grade shellac.[1] The shellac is derived from the raw material sticklac, which is a resin scraped from the branches of trees left from when the small insect, Kerria lacca (also known as Laccifer lacca), creates a hard, waterproof cocoon.[2] When used in food and confections, it is also known as confectioner's glaze, resinous glaze, pure food glaze, natural glaze,[3][4] or confectioner's resin."

delicious

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Bismuth posted:

Why. Seriously, why, were these invented before there were any better delivery methods of sugary liquid? Are you supposed to eat the wax like candy corn?

Oh yeah about candy corn, apparently its made of this poo poo:

"Pharmaceutical glaze is an alcohol-based solution of various types of food-grade shellac.[1] The shellac is derived from the raw material sticklac, which is a resin scraped from the branches of trees left from when the small insect, Kerria lacca (also known as Laccifer lacca), creates a hard, waterproof cocoon.[2] When used in food and confections, it is also known as confectioner's glaze, resinous glaze, pure food glaze, natural glaze,[3][4] or confectioner's resin."

delicious

Do jello next.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

counterfeitsaint posted:

Do jello next.

I also find jello disgusting both in flavor and texture :kiddo: but its just ground up collagen. I already eat the rest of the pig/cow, why not that.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I need to go buy some Cow Tales now

in bulk

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I need to go buy some Cow Tales now

in bulk

Do they still give you a cool plastic mug if you do this?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Rutibex posted:

then explain this, smart guy

Mmm candycorn stuck in butter.

VendaGoat posted:

Worst Candy on Earth.

OHHHH I REMEMBER THESE> I LOVED THEM.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I never ate a circus peanut and part of me kind of wants to, just once. I also don't know what a necco wafer is.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Circus Peanuts are Delicious flavored :colbert:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Guys, I figured it out. Everyone is always throwing peanuts at circus monkeys, but what do the monkeys really want? Bananas. So it's a peanut with banana flavor - a circus monkey's sad dream made into reality.

Also, it was obviously invented by a disappointed circus monkey.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shithouse Dave posted:

I never ate a circus peanut and part of me kind of wants to, just once. I also don't know what a necco wafer is.

nooooo this is how they stay in business

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Shithouse Dave posted:

do

DO IT

do it shithouse dave!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

nomadologique posted:

do

DO IT

do it shithouse dave!

I like both Circus Peanuts and Necco Wafers, they're delicious candies

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Pick posted:

nooooo this is how they stay in business

I genuinely believe curiosity really is their only business

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bismuth posted:

That is weird, but true. I've even made food for myself with real ingredients and been disappointed when it didnt come out colored like fake poo poo. I know what I put in it, the flavor is great, but somewhere in the back of my head I'm saying 'this should be more NEON, what did I do wrong?'.

garnish

little fin herb on top or something make that bitch pop

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bismuth posted:

I genuinely believe curiosity really is their only business

you forgot "white elephant" gift exchanges

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Circus Peanuts own

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Pick posted:

you forgot "white elephant" gift exchanges

Thats pretty low effort, but I can see it

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to think of what the best candy is and I can't quite but it's probably a jelly bean-type thing or swedish fish

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
One of my absolute favorite candybars are those KIND dark chocolate & salted caramel bars. I know they market as an energy/protein bar but lets be real.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bismuth posted:

Thats pretty low effort, but I can see it

20 lb box of circus peanuts

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Pick posted:

20 lb box of circus peanuts

Ok now we're talking, I might steal that idea

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Can confirm the banana flavor thing. Isoamyl acetate is the chemical in bananas responsible for the taste, and it's also a key component in said circus peanuts. I used to work at a food science lab and this was a common demo for visiting students.

No idea why they chose to flavor the peanuts that way, though.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
http://www.amazon.com/Circus-Peanuts-20-lb-bulk/dp/B00N4Z7X2G/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1446748494&sr=8-9&keywords=circus+peanuts

Imagine trying to eat all of these, jesus christ you would kill yourself

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm trying to think of what the best candy is and I can't quite but it's probably a jelly bean-type thing or swedish fish

Nah, it's those chocolate truffle-type things that are rolled in hazelnuts. Can't remember what the hell they're called.

E: Ferrero Rochet

ncumbered_by_idgits fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 5, 2015

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
there should be an entire forum for goon candy chat, it could be called TCC (The Candy Clubhouse)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Acne Rain posted:

there should be an entire forum for goon candy chat, it could be called TCC (The Candy Clubhouse)

Would be a good RSF

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Circus peanuts smell like some type of spray foam insulation that evaporates a solvent as it hardens and incidentally smells sickly sweet in a volatile organic sort of way.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Shithouse Dave posted:

Necco wafers are a candy so old they were given as rations in the Civil War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Circus Peanuts are Delicious flavored :colbert:

hahaha loving of course

• Locked thread