Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Chamale posted:

March 22: HIS IMPERIAL AND ROYAL MAJESTY ARRIVED YESTERDAY EVENING AT THE TUILERIES, AMID THE JOYFUL ACCLAMATION OF HIS DEVOTED AND FAITHFUL SUBJECTS

I majored in French, and did most of my papers for my historical language classes on French revolutions and Napoleon is always the batshittiest.

In unrelated-to-Napoleon French history, I was at a contemporary classical music conference on Sunday and one of the presenters mentioned Claude Vivier, whose Wikipedia bio says he was murdered by a 19 year old male prostitute. The more accepted theory among the composer community is that he was murdered by a competing musical aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Bonapartisan posted:

Why do you say hurtful things? :(

Aww it's not his fault! He, like basically everyone at that point, was suffering from a wicked case of syphilis.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Commissar Canuck posted:

You can't talk about Olga of Kiev without posting this :black101: as gently caress painting

This looks like the female version of Vigo, just in time for the new lady reboot of Ghostbusters.