Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Node posted:

You're kind of dumb dude.

your taint got reaped dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Node posted:

You're kind of dumb dude.

It is you, that is a dumb dude.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Cancelled my subscription.

Can anyone recommend a similar alternative?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fansy posted:

Looking at old white people's vacation pictures

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Fansy posted:

reddit

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Drunkboxer posted:

I don't understand getting rid of the photographers and photo editors. It makes no sense to me.

Why pay people to send take photos when everyone has a smart phone? I'm not kidding in the least. TV stations and newspapers here rely heavily on images submitted by the public. If Murdoch's going to take NatGeo in a tabloid direction with lots of short, 15 facts/15 pictures type articles, then why pay people to take images for you when the public will provide you with content for gently caress all.

Investigative journalism is dead and photojournalism is about to follow.

Robot Made of Meat
Oct 16, 2015

Fansy posted:

I'm pissed off that I just renewed last week.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Good.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Cover of the next natgeo revealed

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fansy posted:

Life magazine

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

facebook jihad posted:

They received an absurd amount of vacation days (25 a year or something) and that will be cut to something more normal

25 days is not an "absurd amount", it's what any salaried worker in the UK gets, including all the ones who work for Rupert Murdoch. The absurd thing is Americans putting up with 14-if-we-let-you-take-it-but-if-you-do-we-might-fire-you.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Saga posted:

25 days is not an "absurd amount", it's what any salaried worker in the UK gets, including all the ones who work for Rupert Murdoch. The absurd thing is Americans putting up with 14-if-we-let-you-take-it-but-if-you-do-we-might-fire-you.

wow an 11 extra loving days, certainly a deal breaker. Truly 14 days is modern day slavery.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Jst0rm posted:

Two brave heroes celebrate their triumphant victory over a merciless foreign menace that respects no nation's laws or borders.

Sounds like a Photoshop topic to me. "Rupert Murdoch Presents National Geographic" and the first image is that "is Evolution a Lie" cover but it's an animated gif and the magazine flips open and the front page is "Pretty much, yeah".

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

murdoch's ipad magazine was the most worthless poo poo ever

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

wow an 11 extra loving days, certainly a deal breaker. Truly 14 days is modern day slavery.

LOL what loving american takes 14 loving days of vacation holy poo poo like literally no one I know has 14 days vacation available.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
drat dude 25 vacation days, that's fuckin nuts I hope that stupid poo poo doesn't catch on and like the EU mandaties at least 4 weeks of vacation for oh wait gently caress

http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/observatories/eurwork/comparative-information/developments-in-collectively-agreed-working-time-2013#fig9

I'll keep my national geographic sub but i'm kinda disappointed how the disdain for science and education prevails in this idiot country.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'll keep my national geographic sub but i'm kinda disappointed how the disdain for science and education prevails in this idiot country.

You belong to Mensa you shouldn't be talking about idiots.

That's like a fat person bitching about Adel not moving her fat rear end off the stage quick enough.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Nov 6, 2015

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
jesus christ, why won't rupert murdoch just die already?! isn't he like 150 and subsists on the hopes and dreams of those he has stolen from?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

The Grimace posted:

jesus christ, why won't rupert murdoch just die already?! isn't he like 150 and subsists on the hopes and dreams of those he has stolen from?

pretty sure he found a way to suck the life force from baby mammals.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Jst0rm posted:

well that explains why he went after Natgeo I guess

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jst0rm posted:

it's called barbecuing the meat on the bone.

age old technique, highly reccomended. Also use the Rufus Teague Honey Sweet sauce.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

Except for hyping the Iraq war there's nothing bad about Fox News

in fact the war was a just and good thing and i really see no problem with fox news at all.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Taint Reaper posted:

You belong to Mensa you shouldn't be talking about idiots.

That's like a fat person bitching about Adel not moving her fat rear end off the stage quick enough.

Aw gently caress my reap got taint

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Turtle Sandbox posted:

LOL what loving american takes 14 loving days of vacation holy poo poo like literally no one I know has 14 days vacation available.

I take all my vacation plus unpaid time off because I like to not be at work!!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

The Taint Reaper posted:

*looks up Rupert Murdoch's profile*

Hmm whats this no record of embezzling, pays his employees fairly, and has a very generious benefits package for Newscorp and it's affiliates....

wait whats this

*eyes scan down to read fine print*

He holds conservative beliefs?!??!?! SEND THIS MAN TO JAIL!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU KNOW ALL THE PAIN AND SUFFERING IVE ENDURED BECAUSE MY CONSERVATIVE RELATIVES WATCH FAUX NEWS AND ARGUE WITH ME ON FACEBOOK LIKE THEY ARE EXPERTS? THIS IS HIGH CRIMES!
idk man i just dont think you can reap a taint like you used to

sucking murdochs shrivelled dong smdh how the mighty have fallen

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

XMNN posted:

idk man i just dont think you can reap a taint like you used to

sucking murdochs shrivelled dong smdh how the mighty have fallen

it's the year 2015, big pharma has ensured that no old person has a shriveled dong anymore.

especially an old person with a lot of money.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
ill take your word for it :wink:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

XMNN posted:

ill take your word for it :wink:

My neighbor works at a nursing home and tells me all the time of his shenanigans. Apparently senile people can become extremely sexually provocative, and he has very low standards.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Sorry your employer reaped your taint dude.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If they care so much about nature and integrity, why does their tv channel have shows about Bigfoot hunters and bogfuckers? and why did they sell out to Rupert instead of having a bake sale and saving their company? They desired death and they got it. Good riddance to those floppy tits

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Jst0rm posted:

Nat Geo: Big Game Special

Join us as Richard Murdoch and other successful tycoons hunt lions, panthers, bushmen, and other exotic creatures!

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Network Pesci posted:

Two brave heroes celebrate their triumphant victory over a merciless foreign menace that respects no nation's laws or borders.

Sounds like a Photoshop topic to me. "Rupert Murdoch Presents National Geographic" and the first image is that "is Evolution a Lie" cover but it's an animated gif and the magazine flips open and the front page is "Pretty much, yeah".

This is a very, very good idea for a photoshop thread. Please start it.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

a starwar betamax posted:

oh no now what will people sell unread stacks of at garage sales

oh no I am 17 and such an old, deep, cynical soul

(cue Linkin Park soundtrack)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

City of Tampa posted:

i care a lot about magazines that are printed on paper.

also i ride a horse and live in a log cabin on the frontier and i'm dying of syphillis

a real "rage against the machine" post right here

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Tato posted:

If they care so much about nature and integrity, why does their tv channel have shows about Bigfoot hunters and bogfuckers? and why did they sell out to Rupert instead of having a bake sale and saving their company? They desired death and they got it. Good riddance to those floppy tits

The only way to start the Nat Geo channel was to get funding and connections IIRC. They shopped the channel around to all the big names like NBC Universal, Turner and such but no takers because it would put them in direct competition with Discovery Communications and nobody felt that it was a safe bet. Murdoch was the only one that said yes.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Why hasn't anyone assassinated this dude yet? Does he keep an entire private army around him at all times?

*Not advocating assassination, just asking questions oh god who's at the door.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Do goons need to be reminded that NewsCorp funded all the new Cosmos Episodes?

Like really you're making GBS threads biscuits for no reason. Especially since the biggest complaint that Goons had about the series was that it portrayed the Roman Catholic Church in a bad light because the show made it seem they burned a science man because he did science and not because he was crazy. Then goons agonzied over how r/atheism was championing this man after the episode was over.

The entire reason why newsCorp owns so much poo poo is because they just leave poo poo alone and don't gently caress with the original recipe because that's what made people pay money in the first place. I mean good lord it's been 26 years of the Simpsons.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Nov 6, 2015

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
My post is in the middle of a taint reaping sandwich and I'm still not feeling it. You're slipping dude.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I heard a bitch got taint reaped in this thread

One day, I might meet the same fate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Spanish Manlove posted:

http://reverbpress.com/business/rupert-murdoch-national-geographic-layoffs/

Hopefully the magazine stays the same and the lovely channel gets fixed. But I doubt seņor Murdoch will let them keep up their hippy science mumbo jumbo bullshit like:

RIP Nat Geo, your pictures were awesome.

So it will finally be worth reading?

• Locked thread