Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So posting about Holloway made me look stuff up and I'd forgotten about how great his interviews were, there's a good resource here

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ian_Holloway

Here's a place to record, for posterity all the mental things people say in public to the media about football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Said and Done is a treasure trove of this stuff especially for FIFA quote idiocy

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

If you're a burglar, it's no good poncing about outside somebody's house, looking good with your swag bag ready. Just get in there, burgle them and come out. I don't advocate that obviously, it's just an analogy.

irl lol at this Holloway one

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
He's raped him

- Alan Pardew

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
"I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope."

B. Rodgers

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Football is a fertility festival. Eleven sperm trying to get into the egg. I feel sorry for the goalkeeper.

- Bjork

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
A small list of my favorites:

Maurizio Zamparini, president of Palermo:

quote:

I didn't mean to offend Mutu when I called him a crafty gypsy

quote:

We should put all the referees in prison

quote:

I will cut off their testicles and eat them in my salad

Aurelio De Laurentiis, president of Napoli:

quote:

I wont beat you up because you are an old man, but I'm going to fire you

quote:

The English live badly, eat badly, and their women do not wash.

quote:

You're all a bunch of fuckheads, I want to go back to making movies, you're all full of poo poo

Gattuso:

quote:

I swear, I will go down to the piazza and kill myself (if proven guilty of match fixing)

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I didn't mean to offend Mutu when I called him a crafty gypsy
While at Chelsea, after he was caught with cocaine and said it was boner pills some Scottish guy (Bobby McMahon???) on Fox Soccer Channel said this about Mutu:

"It's a shame to know he was flop both on and off the pitch"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I think the best one is, and forever will be:

"Football, bloody hell!"

By Fergie, obv.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Crazy Ted posted:

Football is a fertility festival. Eleven sperm trying to get into the egg. I feel sorry for the goalkeeper.

- Bjork
haha this is great

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
"He's six-foot two, brave as a lion, strong as an ox and quick as lightning. If he was good looking, you'd say he has everything."

- Paul Jewell talking about Cristiano Ronaldo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

-Eric Cantona at the best press conference in history

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TheRat posted:

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

Is this one second best then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_NQqnc_ue0

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJBsI7RAuvk

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I think they've got some magnificent midfield players: Tiote. Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That De Laurenitis quote about wanting to go back to making movies is the one where he rides off on the back of a vespa right?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Byolante posted:

That De Laurenitis quote about wanting to go back to making movies is the one where he rides off on the back of a vespa right?

Yeah.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Every time I see it I can't believe that "my biggest mentor is myself" quote is a real thing, loving hell Brendan.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TheRat posted:

I still like how every time that is quoted in some article or something the quoter inevitably goes "here is this incomprehensible comment from the mysterious Cantina, what an enigma that man is" as if it wasn't 100% obvious.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaZYhTd2BU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

I think they've got some magnificent midfield players: Tiote. Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid.

You can't just post that without including THE ENTIRE INTERVIEW, else you're worse than Derek Lambeezi on the night we beat Tottenham 2-1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_s3vBNeTy8

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Gigi Becali the thread

quote:

"I will play only religious songs before the matches, because I'm the one who pays and this is the way I like it. I will take out the song We Will Rock You. Why play that song? So the players kill each other? Whoever wants to hear devil's music should not come to my stadium" - Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali outlines his playlist reforms at the Stadion Ghencea.

quote:

Steaua Bucharest's Gigi Becali, April - denied charges of kidnapping three men who stole his Merc. Previous best Gigi moments: becomes billionaire; sets up far-right Christian Democrat party; pledges to "cure gays"; commissions a reproduction of the Last Supper with himself as Christ; calls a black TV presenter an "ape"; and sacks a Turkish coach for "being too Muslim".

quote:

Disciplinary news: Gigi Becali given a "formal warning" by a Romanian government agency for cancelling a transfer last year because he thought the player was gay ("I'd rather dissolve the club than allow a gay to join Steaua").

quote:

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali says League president Dumitru Dragomir "must be beaten" for "humiliating" Steaua during talks over a new TV deal, and for "corrupting football". Dragomir: "Only a moron could think like him. He's illiterate." In 2008 Becali said Dragomir called him "a retard": "In return, I called him a tramp. Then we had a fight."

quote:

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali, asked on live TV how he feels about Rapid Bucharest president Dinu Gheorghe making public reference to Becali's first job as a shepherd. "What? He is a filthy jerk. A fat bum. I'll force this Gypsy back up his mother. I'm tired of him, all his irony and jokes. He forces me to lose control! He's way out of line."

quote:

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali says holding a press conference last week to "clear the air" and say sorry to "everyone I offended this year" made him feel better. Making it on to Gigi's list:
• Rapid Bucharest owner George Copos: "I'm sorry for what I called him. He never answers back. I don't judge him. Yes, he's cheap, but let God judge everyone, I don't have to do it."
• Sexual minorities: "I apologise to them. It's their problem, their disease, not mine. You ask me if I still think it's a sin? Of course it's a sin. I always speak my mind."
• Other religions: "I'm sorry to all of the religions, the cults. But I do have my views. Jehovah's Witnesses are on the way to perdition."
• Plus Steaua's fans: "I'm sorry for offending them. Apart from the ones who called for me to die just before Easter. They are possessed by Satan."
Gigi's conclusion: "That feels better, I feel reborn. And it'll make Satan crazy: he hates it when a soul gets cleaner. But I didn't just do this for me. I'm an inspiration to millions."

quote:

Steaua owner Gigi Becali's week: a) says fans who stoned his Rolls Royce must be "jailed for 10 years … I will show no mercy, I won't back down"; and b) says outgoing FC Dinamo chairman Cristian Borcea's decision to divorce his wife and marry a model is "fine by God". "A man can choose. As God said: man is man and woman is whore." Becali says he'll be "spiritual advisor" at the wedding ("I have a connection with Christ") and will invite Shakira as a tribute to Borcea's trademark belly-dancing goal celebration. "With Gigi there, what a fairytale this will be."

quote:

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali says his offer to pay Universitatea Craiova players €5k each if they beat Steaua's rivals for a European place was "totally legitimate sponsorship". "Nobody can say it's wrong. If anything bad happens to me after this I will take it to court. This is my money."

quote:

New from Gigi Becali, asked about the future of Steaua's general manager Mihai Stoica. "You really think he doesn't know what will happen to him, if we fail? God help him. Jihad will begin."

quote:

Romania: Press say Steaua owner Gigi Becali "caught fire" after Dinamo mocked his past as a shepherd by putting images of him surrounded by sheep on their big screen. "You know who owns Dinamo? A communist gypsy and a man who sleeps with men. Yes, sure, I was a shepherd, I milked the sheep, I like sheep, get over it. I'd rather milk sheep than do men." Shareholder Dragos Savulescu said Becali had apologised. "I'm totally heterosexual."

quote:

Romania: CFR Cluj owner Arpad Paszkany on Steaua owner Gigi Becali's claim that his club buys referees. "Total coward. He hides behind a microphone. Let's solve this like men, in a ring, with fists and feet, no rules. The ratings would be immense. I would take Becali. We'd see what a man he is."• Becali, live on GSP TV: "You want in the ring, let's get in the ring, bitch. I'll break your arms and legs. Let's take guns too. Let us shoot with guns."

quote:

Romania: Steaua's owner Gigi Becali on his plans for 2012: "This year, I intend to not argue with anyone. God will like that." Becali said he plans to buy "3,000-4,000 sheep" and watch them graze to help stay cool. "I am hypersensitive. The slightest thing can affect me. But sheep, they calm my soul."

quote:

Latest on Gigi Becali's new year pledge to "calm my soul ... I intend not to argue with anyone in 2012. God will like that." 1) Calls St-Etienne's manager a "beggar"; 2) Says referees are thieves and calls for strike action; 3) Offers Dinamo shareholder and godson Cristi Borcea "jihad" over a transfer dispute. "He wants jihad? He can have it. You'll see who wins. If there's jihad to be had, I have it."

quote:

Romania: Gigi Becali says he'll win in court next month after being sued for calling Dinamo co-owner Dragos Savulescu "a man who sleeps with men". Becali: "He wants €2.5m damages. What damages? I have 30 witnesses." Savulescu: "He's a thick, primitive brute. At first I was amused by this person. Now, I am not."

quote:

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali, asked if he plans to back down after referee Cristian Balaj sued for libel, unhappy at being called "a thief who must be jailed". Becali: "Serious? He wants €500,000 damages? I'll give him 500 blows over the head with a stick, right in front of the judges."

quote:

Romania: Gigi Becali, celebrating St George's Day by "blessing all Romanians": "I'm glad God made me so loving. My ability to love is just like Messi's talent: I was born like this, full of love for all." Plus: "I ask only one thing of St George: that he gives me the strength to inspire a win against Rapid. Please, let me beat those gypsies."

quote:

Keeping a low profile over the summer: Steaua owner Gigi Becali – settling for a general warning to Romanians to stay away from Lady Gaga's tour. "She's a disciple of Satan. She probably doesn't even realise she's possessed. When we see her we must spit. That's what a Christian does. That's what I do."

quote:

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali, denying racist leanings: "Nobody's nicer to gypsies than me. And I have nothing against blacks – sorry, 'African-Americans'. I just don't sign blacks because they're not suitable. They don't play well in our weather."

(Actual paintings of himself he got in his house)

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Nov 6, 2015

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Troy Queef posted:

You can't just post that without including THE ENTIRE INTERVIEW, else you're worse than Derek Lambeezi on the night we beat Tottenham 2-1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_s3vBNeTy8

I remember hearing it and the trp being renamed the yohan kebab, it's a loving amazing interview

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I am definitely a Steaua fan now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

jyrka posted:

I am definitely a Steaua fan now.

he's been in charge of the club from prison for 2 years now lol

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Woodenlung posted:

Gigi Becali the thread

loving hell lol

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

quote:

I think that if Barcelona or Real Madrid goes to the Premier League then the first year of playing there, there is no chance of winning it. Yes, I think so, because if you go to Stoke, or other types of teams, then it will be really tough. It’s a debate – we could spend hours on it. If Manchester United or Chelsea go to Spain then the same. No chance to win the league.

Pique talking about a what-if situation.

He's right.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Everything ever said by Joe Kinnear.

e: even though it's fake, it is my favorite:

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 11, 2015

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
"We all know what the French are like and Platini as a Frenchman thinks he knows it all."

"To those who did not believe: now suck it - I'm sorry ladies for my words - and keep on sucking it. I am either white or black. I will never be grey in my life. You treated me as you did. Now keep on sucking it. I am grateful to my players and to the Argentinian people. I thank no one but them. The rest, keep on sucking it."

- Diego Maradona

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Reporter: Gordon, can we have a quick word please?
Strachan: Velocity [walks off]

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot
“What Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange.”

Zlatan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Phillip Lahm and Thomas Muller on Muller breaking the record for being the youngest player to win 50 Champion's League Games:

Lahm: "He owes us a round of drinks, because we played our part in it."
Muller: "If we were to buy a round of drinks every time a Bayern player breaks a record, we'd rarely be sober."

• Locked thread