Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
0ppr ESPN standard pick one of:

Randall Cobb @Car
Allen Robinson @NYJ
Stevie Johnson vChi

Leaning Stevie since I don't like the others' matchups or Cobb this season in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Hazo posted:

I'm starting Gabbert in my 12-team superflex league :suicide:

Follow up: Is it worth going to waivers and stashing the Rams or Pats for later? If so, I'm willing to get rid of Witten or Boldin (I have Barnidge as TE and Hilton/Cobb/TBenj as WRs)

There literally has to be a better choice than Gabbert. Literally anybody.

The Rams are the 3rd highest scoring defense. If you're looking to upgrade to something stable rather than stream, it may be worthwhile to pick them up over the Falcons. I think the Falcons have a great match up, but the Rams should do fine against the Vikings and probably have a better back end to the season.

dxt posted:

0ppr ESPN standard pick one of:

Randall Cobb @Car
Allen Robinson @NYJ
Stevie Johnson vChi

Leaning Stevie since I don't like the others' matchups or Cobb this season in general.

Stevie. Revis can play half a field or man on a receiver all game. If he's in man, he's gonna be on Robinson.

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008

RBX posted:

Eifert is the safe bet, Johnny likes the deep ball.

Thank you so much for this!

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

SlipUp posted:

Go Dalton. It's like hitting on 16. It might burn ya from time to time but it's still the right choice.

Splinter posted:

AFAIK Haden will not be playing tonight :aaa:

I'd go Dalton. 8 weeks through the season he is a top 3 QB in average points per game. At this point he's earned the DSYS treatment until proven otherwise.

Thank you, brothers, for helping me keep the faith.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

SlipUp posted:

There literally has to be a better choice than Gabbert. Literally anybody.
Nope! It's a twelve team league that heavily drafted QBs. I've been running with Bridgewater and Kaepernick as my only two because, literally, there is nobody else viable picking up.

SlipUp posted:

The Rams are the 3rd highest scoring defense. If you're looking to upgrade to something stable rather than stream, it may be worthwhile to pick them up over the Falcons. I think the Falcons have a great match up, but the Rams should do fine against the Vikings and probably have a better back end to the season.
Noted, thanks. It's a much smaller league, so I don't think anybody else will make a move on either StL or NE, but on the flip side that means I'd have to ditch a pretty high tier player just to stock a D/ST.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Hazo posted:

Nope! It's a twelve team league that heavily drafted QBs. I've been running with Bridgewater and Kaepernick as my only two because, literally, there is nobody else viable picking up.

:sludgepal:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Hazo posted:

If you get negative points for sacks, I might consider leaving a QB slot empty rather than start Gabbert.

How did this happen to you? Did you draft Romo?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
.5 PPR

I need two of these guys

Frank Gore vs DEN
Brandon LaFell vs WAS
Antonio Andrews @ NO

Right now I'm sitting Andrews but my gut tells me that's a mistake this week...

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Timett posted:

.5 PPR

I need two of these guys

Frank Gore vs DEN
Brandon LaFell vs WAS
Antonio Andrews @ NO

Right now I'm sitting Andrews but my gut tells me that's a mistake this week...

The Saints have the #9 rush defense and Tennesse's offense is a mess, stick with Gore and LaFell. Andrews is an extremely high risk for mediocre reward type situation.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

coronaball posted:

If you get negative points for sacks, I might consider leaving a QB slot empty rather than start Gabbert.

How did this happen to you? Did you draft Romo?
No negative points for sacks, thankfully. And no Romo. QBs just went fast early on and I went heavier on position players since it's a 3-wideout league. I posted my drafts in the Rate Me thread.

Hazo posted:

Yahoo IDP, 3WR, superflex; 6pt passing/receiving/rushing TD. 12 people.

1. (6) Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
2. (19) Odell Beckham Jr. (NYG - WR)
3. (30) Frank Gore (Ind - RB)
4. (43) Brandin Cooks (NO - WR)
5. (54) Teddy Bridgewater (Min - QB)
6. (67) Amari Cooper (Oak - WR)
7. (78) T.J. Yeldon (Jax - RB)
8. (91) Colin Kaepernick (SF - QB)
9. (102) Anquan Boldin (SF - WR)
10. (115) Tyler Eifert (Cin - TE)
11. (126) Doug Baldwin (Sea - WR)
12. (139) Bishop Sankey (Ten - RB)
13. (150) Kyle Rudolph (Min - TE)
14. (163) Luke Kuechly (Car - LB)
15. (174) Eric Weddle (SD - S)
16. (187) Chandler Jones (NE - DE)
17. (198) Dan Bailey (Dal - K)
18. (211) Jamie Collins (NE - LB)
19. (222) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
20. (235) Jelani Jenkins (Mia - LB)
21. (246) Prince Amukamara (NYG - CB)
22. (259) Denver (Den - DEF)

Teddy was the highest rated on Beersheets by the time I picked him up in the fifth so that shows how fast quarterbacks disappeared.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Yahoo standard, pick a RB and a flex:

Lacy @Car
Blount vWas
Rishard Matthews @Buf
Jordan Matthews @Dal

Not sure what to do, Lacy has been disappointing. Blount has been a boom/bust, but I could see the Pats getting a big lead and then having Blount run all over Washington. Could play both, but I think I'm better of with Rishard in the flex.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Alright, after Hill's 50 yard stinker, I need a homerun in my Dynasty league. I'm going to post my starting WR, RB, TE, and 3 Flex spots, then the alternatives.

.5 ppr:

DThom @Ind
LMiller @Buf
Sefarian-Jenkins vs NYG (however he said he will play only at 100% and is still limited so I might have to play Julius Thomas while Kelce is on bye)
MEvans vs NYG
Hill vs Cle (played)
ARob @NYJ

Bench:
MartBryant vs Oak
LMurray @Pit
RishMatthews @Buf
CSims vs NYG
DAdams @Car
Matt Jones @NE

Comedy Options: Devin Funchess, Jerick McKinnon.

Anyway, before I was playing ARob for a decent floor option since his ceiling is capped this week by Revis. DThom and LMiller seem like must starts, especially given my alternatives (drat KC bye week!). So I am thinking of slotting in Marty over ARob for a higher ceiling, and I am debating if LMurray or Rishard would give me a better floor than Evans, but Evans faces a juicy matchup.

Am I over thinking things or is Marty and Murray legit flex options over my current starters?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dxt posted:

Yahoo standard, pick a RB and a flex:

Lacy @Car
Blount vWas
Rishard Matthews @Buf
Jordan Matthews @Dal

Not sure what to do, Lacy has been disappointing. Blount has been a boom/bust, but I could see the Pats getting a big lead and then having Blount run all over Washington. Could play both, but I think I'm better of with Rishard in the flex.

I would probably go Blount over Lacy. Carolina's def is scary good in run and pass def.

edit: quote is not edit.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
He is crushing me already due to a 3TD night from Eifert.

Do I play Diggs v StL or Austin v Min?

0 PPR, 6PATD

Who is more likely to come up with a huge day? Either?

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

MacheteZombie posted:

I would probably go Blount over Lacy. Carolina's def is scary good in run and pass def.

edit: quote is not edit.

Washington's run D is terrible as well.

Mr. BT posted:

He is crushing me already due to a 3TD night from Eifert.

Do I play Diggs v StL or Austin v Min?

0 PPR, 6PATD

Who is more likely to come up with a huge day? Either?

Diggs. I gambled on him, starting him off waivers, and got 15 points from him last week. He's been giving really good returns on his starts so far.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

.5 PPR. Sims, or Bradshaw?

Got missed on the last page. Any opinions? I'm leaning Sims.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I say Sims.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Okay, I'm very new to this and I'm sure I've made some dumb decisions, but a couple of quick questions:

1ppr league

For QB I've got Andrew Luck or Blake Bortles (:() and could pick up Jameis Winston, but that's it. I'm leaning towards Bortles because Luck has been pretty bad and is against the Broncos, but someone more knowledgeable might have a better opinion.

For my flex I've got Jarvis Landry, but I'm also running Allen Robinson as WR2 and was thinking about using Landry there instead. Other flex options are Julius Thomas or Ryan Matthews, and I could conceivably grab Stevie Johnson or Antonio Andrews from FA. I'm also running Darren McFadden and Frank Gore as RBs and if there's a better option there please let me know.

Thanks goons!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Leperflesh posted:

I would tend to agree, much better matchup IMO.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hobojim posted:

Okay, I'm very new to this and I'm sure I've made some dumb decisions, but a couple of quick questions:

1ppr league

For QB I've got Andrew Luck or Blake Bortles (:() and could pick up Jameis Winston, but that's it. I'm leaning towards Bortles because Luck has been pretty bad and is against the Broncos, but someone more knowledgeable might have a better opinion.

For my flex I've got Jarvis Landry, but I'm also running Allen Robinson as WR2 and was thinking about using Landry there instead. Other flex options are Julius Thomas or Ryan Matthews, and I could conceivably grab Stevie Johnson or Antonio Andrews from FA. I'm also running Darren McFadden and Frank Gore as RBs and if there's a better option there please let me know.

Thanks goons!
I'm benching Luck for Mariota based on advice from this thread, and I imagine it would be a good idea to do the same for Bort.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Mariota has the best matchup of the three.

For Hobjim, I would also recommend Bortles over Luck, since his matchup edges Luck's by a hair. ARob will be extremely limited so it will fall on Hurns and Julius to help score Bortles points.

Winston is an interesting option this week. Playing a Giants def that just gave up 50 fantasy points to a very talented QB. Winston obviously won't hang up those kinds of numbers, but if he can connect with Evans this week (boy did they look bad together last week though) than he could get to 20+ points. JPP is also back this week, which could stutter the TB running game and provide opportunities for Winston to chuck it or make chunk plays with dump offs to Sims.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

Mariota has the best matchup of the three.

For Hobjim, I would also recommend Bortles over Luck, since his matchup edges Luck's by a hair. ARob will be extremely limited so it will fall on Hurns and Julius to help score Bortles points.

Winston is an interesting option this week. Playing a Giants def that just gave up 50 fantasy points to a very talented QB. Winston obviously won't hang up those kinds of numbers, but if he can connect with Evans this week (boy did they look bad together last week though) than he could get to 20+ points. JPP is also back this week, which could stutter the TB running game and provide opportunities for Winston to chuck it or make chunk plays with dump offs to Sims.

Thanks for the advice. Considering Robinson's going to be limited, would it be a good idea to flex Julius and run Landry as WR2, or should I mostly count out the Jags' passing game and run Winston as QB, put in Landry and flex someone else?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hobojim posted:

Thanks for the advice. Considering Robinson's going to be limited, would it be a good idea to flex Julius and run Landry as WR2, or should I mostly count out the Jags' passing game and run Winston as QB, put in Landry and flex someone else?

I'd play Landry over Arob, fwiw on my start/sit question up above I'm debating Martavis or Latavius over ARob this week. If you flex Jules would you be playing two TEs? (I rarely recommend that strategy).

FantasyPros recommends Winston over Bortles, 91% compared to 9%

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
Standard scoring, pick 2 RBs 2 WRs and 1 FLEX (my picks in bold):

RB:
F. Gore vs. DEN
E. Lacy @ CAR
J. Langford @ SD

WR:
ODB @ TB
M. Evans vs. NYG
B. LaFell vs. WAS (currently in my FLEX over Gore, Robinson, Diggs)
A. Robinson @ NYJ
S. Diggs vs STL

Look good?

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

I'd play Landry over Arob, fwiw on my start/sit question up above I'm debating Martavis or Latavius over ARob this week. If you flex Jules would you be playing two TEs? (I rarely recommend that strategy).

FantasyPros recommends Winston over Bortles, 91% compared to 9%

Yeah, Greg Olsen is my main TE. I know running two isn't exactly an optimal strategy, but I don't have many decent options with DeAndre Hopkins and Justin Forsett on the bye. My options are Julius Thomas, Ryan Mathews, Stevie Johnson, Antonio Adams or I guess Tavon Austin.

I picked up Winston though, I'll give him a try.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zochness posted:

Standard scoring, pick 2 RBs 2 WRs and 1 FLEX (my picks in bold):

RB:
F. Gore vs. DEN
E. Lacy @ CAR
J. Langford @ SD

WR:
ODB @ TB
M. Evans vs. NYG
B. LaFell vs. WAS (currently in my FLEX over Gore, Robinson, Diggs)
A. Robinson @ NYJ
S. Diggs vs STL

Look good?

yup.

Hobojim posted:

Yeah, Greg Olsen is my main TE. I know running two isn't exactly an optimal strategy, but I don't have many decent options with DeAndre Hopkins and Justin Forsett on the bye. My options are Julius Thomas, Ryan Mathews, Stevie Johnson, Antonio Adams or I guess Tavon Austin.

I picked up Winston though, I'll give him a try.

Stevie might not be a bad play. I know most people are saying, "wait until we know how he'll be schemed in", but this week might be a huge week for him because no one, including the opposing defense will know for sure how the WR scheme will shake out. Tavon has an okay floor, not great, but a great ceiling. Julius has a good matchup with the key guy expected to cover him, Calvin Pryor, most likely sitting this week.

So it really comes down to how you feel about those three situations. I'm not big on Ryan or Antonio at the moment.

I'm leaning Stevie out of your three, but I wouldn't blame you for picking one of the other two.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

Stevie might not be a bad play. I know most people are saying, "wait until we know how he'll be schemed in", but this week might be a huge week for him because no one, including the opposing defense will know for sure how the WR scheme will shake out. Tavon has an okay floor, not great, but a great ceiling. Julius has a good matchup with the key guy expected to cover him, Calvin Pryor, most likely sitting this week.

So it really comes down to how you feel about those three situations. I'm not big on Ryan or Antonio at the moment.

I'm leaning Stevie out of your three, but I wouldn't blame you for picking one of the other two.

Great, thanks a ton for the help. I'll think about it between Julius and Stevie.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Need two WR standard scoring from:

Randall Cobb
Allen Robinson
Emmanuel Sanders
Amari Cooper

I've been starting Cobb and Sanders pretty much all year, and they've been extremely dissapointing pretty much all year. I could also pick up Stevie Johnson or Eric Decker if I dropped one of the above or Eddie Lacy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
How many teams? Because Decker should be owned.

I'd play Cooper and Decker personally.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Elysium posted:

Need two WR standard scoring from:

Randall Cobb
Allen Robinson
Emmanuel Sanders
Amari Cooper

I've been starting Cobb and Sanders pretty much all year, and they've been extremely dissapointing pretty much all year. I could also pick up Stevie Johnson or Eric Decker if I dropped one of the above or Eddie Lacy.

Start Cooper and Sanders. Decker is a good pick up but I don't think I'd drop any of your current guys. Although if I had to pick one I'd go Cobb because he's been the most disappointing but he's also the one with the highest upside if he bounces back.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

MacheteZombie posted:

How many teams? Because Decker should be owned.

I'd play Cooper and Decker personally.

It's my 8 team work league where only a few owners take it seriously.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
I have C. Sims taking up space on my bench. This is in a 12-team league with standard scoring.

Any reason not to drop Sims in favor of Karlos Williams? Or maybe even T. Coleman?

Currently have Gurley, Ivory, Blount, and D. Cobb.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Tortilla Maker posted:

I have C. Sims taking up space on my bench. This is in a 12-team league with standard scoring.

Any reason not to drop Sims in favor of Karlos Williams? Or maybe even T. Coleman?

Currently have Gurley, Ivory, Blount, and D. Cobb.

No PPR hurts Sims value, but Coleman has no value unless Freeman is injured and Karlos Williams had has been out with scrambled brains and I have no idea if he's winning the backfield back from McCoy.

pradmer
Mar 31, 2009

Follow me for more books on special!
My RBs were devastated when I lost both Leveon Bell and Joseph Randle. My backups were Ameer Abdullah and Andre Ellington.

I was able to trade for Gore and I need to decide between

Karlos Williams (Mia)
Christine Michael (Phi)

Non PPR. There is nothing on the waiver wire.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

smoothitron posted:

8 team, 2QB league, 6pt TDs, PPR

Pick 2 QBs

Aaron Rodgers @ Car
Ben Roethlisberger vs. Oak
Matt Ryan @ SF

I'm not fearing a repeat of the Denver performance from Rodgers, but I can't help but see that San Francisco matchup and think about slotting in Ryan for Rodgers. I have a ton invested in the Falcons already this week though(Julio Jones, Freeman, ATL Defense). Ben feels like a lock with Bell out and Oakland being weak against the pass.

BONUS: I just dropped Antonio Gates for Jordan Reed in the same league back when Gates looked like he might be out multiple weeks. Now with Keenan Allen out and Gates apparently healthy enough, should I try to drop Reed to get Gates back?

...from Page 1. Any insight?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

smoothitron posted:

Feeling Matt over Aaron, which hurts to say as a Packers fan.

Gates would be better than Reed.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

smoothitron posted:

First: I think you can't really go wrong here. Rodgers obviously has the toughest matchup, but he's also aaron rodgers so he has a solid floor and probably won't throw an interception.
Big Ben is up against a Raiders defense that actually isn't as bad as one might think, and he's coming off injury so he might be a little soft. But he's also got AB84 to throw to, and with Bell out, the team probably favors passing more than normal.
Matt Ryan is up against SF, whose defense is actually above average except that they spend the entire game on the field because SF cannot get first downs, let alone sustain drives, and Gabbert is not going to be an upgrade on Kaepernick.

I'd rank it Ryan, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, but not by a lot and if you have a three-sided coin you could flip, go for it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

pradmer posted:

My RBs were devastated when I lost both Leveon Bell and Joseph Randle. My backups were Ameer Abdullah and Andre Ellington.

I was able to trade for Gore and I need to decide between

Karlos Williams (Mia)
Christine Michael (Phi)

Non PPR. There is nothing on the waiver wire.

Uhh the starter Karlos. Who the gently caress is Christine Michael

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
Is there any world where I star Stevie Johnson over JStew in a 0 ppr format?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stew's matchup is too good to pass up.

• Locked thread