Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/no-label

quote:

We may be taught to remember the 5th of November, but on Friday 6th we open our latest UK bar, in the entertainment playground of London - Soho. And today we are unveiling a brand new beer – capturing the spirit of Soho itself.

No Label is the world’s first ‘non-binary, transgender beer’ designed to reflect the diversity of the area and champion inclusivity. This 4.6% ABV Kölsch has been brewed with hops that have changed sex from female to male flowers prior to harvest. We have used these to emphasise that, just like humans, beer can be whatever the hell it wants to be, and proud of it.

This comes not long after Brewdog came 'under fire' for transphobic or something.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201..._n_8098726.html

What are your thoughts on the gender of liquor, friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

StabMasterArson posted:

What are your thoughts on the gender of liquor, friends?
I always dunk my dick into beer and swirl it around for several hours before I drink it, just to ensure its heterosexuality.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Brew Dog has a few decent beers, but their IPA's are garbage water. That's my contribution to this thread, thanks.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

beer is not liquor, OP, so i fail to see how your parting question applies

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't drink beer because the bubbles hurt my stomach but I think this is good and hopefully a sign of things to come

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

StabMasterArson posted:

his 4.6% ABV Kölsch

Fuckin wussiest beer on the planet right here.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

THats pretty loving gay OP

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Beer is pretty bad all around but gimmick beer is always worse

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Lowtax posted:

I always dunk my dick into beer and swirl it around for several hours before I drink it, just to ensure its heterosexuality.

you can't just try to gently caress a beer straight! that's morally repugnant! Let the beer be what it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Lowtax posted:

that's triggering. to the beer

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Spanish Manlove posted:

Fuckin wussiest beer on the planet right here.

uh

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

that's not miller high life?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
That just sounds like a regular beer with a gimmick to me, even a hop flavored Smirnoff Ice would do more to challenge the beer/wine cooler binary.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

StabMasterArson posted:

4.6% ABV Kölsch

:gay:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
literally why

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I drink moonshine straight from the still

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Because genders and being mad and sassy about them are very "in" these days

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
I do not support this beer's mental illness and delusion

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Brew Dog is more style and controversy than substance and talent. This kinda reaction is what they want as people are talking about them.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Brew Dog is more style and controversy than substance and talent. This kinda reaction is what they want as people are talking about them.
Most microbreweries these days rely more on catchy names and box art / design than actually brewing decent beer, due to the fierce competition for shelf space in grocery / liquor stores.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Guiness IPA WITH NOS is not very good

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Volume posted:

Beer is pretty bad all around

This is a really bad opinion all around but I'm sure that's the only reason you posted it.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

they do a pumpkin flavoured thing with a skeleton in space on the can. that's pretty cool

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Nonsense posted:

Guiness IPA WITH NOS is not very good

Every IPA with nos is bad. Now I'll wait for someone to quote edit this post to say "every IPA is bad" followed by a " ftfy."

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

How do you tell what gender a flower is? I thought they were hermaphrodites?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lowtax posted:

Most microbreweries these days rely more on catchy names and box art / design than actually brewing decent beer, due to the fierce competition for shelf space in grocery / liquor stores.

This is targeting the dad market where actually good places competing against other good places are doing sub 1000 bottle count barrel aged stouts that rely on hype and social media to promote.

For example, last release at Cycle brewing in St. Petersburg FL my friend showed up at 8am and was #130 in line (doors opened at noon).

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
If you're looking for a really interesting beer, try Xingu. It's a dark Brazilian beer but tastes like a golden.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Machai posted:

How do you tell what gender a flower is? I thought they were hermaphrodites?

They don't have gender, the fags who made this beer think sex and gender are the same thing, in 2015

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lowtax posted:

If you're looking for a really interesting beer, try Xingu. It's a dark Brazilian beer but tastes like a golden.

sounds weak and lame. I had a rum barrel aged stout aged on cherries this week where the barrels came from a local distillery which then held a stout, then the barrels were given back to the distillery to age a rum and those same barrels were given back to this brewery to age this stout.

Tasted like a liquid bon bon.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Lets drink to having your social movement and identity co-opted for marketing purposes.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Spanish Manlove posted:

sounds weak and lame.
It's quite good, I use it for my chili base.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lowtax posted:

It's quite good, I use it for my chili base.

If you're cooking with a beer then it's not a good beer. For example Sam Adams is the best cooking beer for this same reason. Try it in your chili.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Spanish Manlove posted:

If you're cooking with a beer then it's not a good beer. For example Sam Adams is the best cooking beer for this same reason. Try it in your chili.
I cook with it because it tastes good and is much better than the typical dark Mexican beers people use for chili, so I respectfully disagree. Also Sam Adams is a really good beer if you're the kind of person who likes crappy beers and you're a stupid person too.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lowtax posted:

I cook with it because it tastes good and is much better than the typical dark Mexican beers people use for chili, so I respectfully disagree. Also Sam Adams is a really good beer if you're the kind of person who likes crappy beers and you're a stupid person too.

Those dark mexican beers are the same style (vienna lager) as Sam Adams and you can get Sam Adams on sale at the grocery store all the time for like $12 a case.

You ever pan fry brauts using beer to steam the brauts?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

beer, like all alcohols, should serve only the purpose of hastening your departure from this big gay earth into the cold embrace of the reaper and just lol if you try to derive even a shred of joy from it

namaste

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Xingu is good but I haven't seen it around so i thought they went out of business or no longer imported.

Also loling at "this beer has no labels" and then "this beer is a Kolsch".

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Those dark mexican beers are the same style (vienna lager) as Sam Adams and you can get Sam Adams on sale at the grocery store all the time for like $12 a case.

You ever pan fry brauts using beer to steam the brauts?
Why are you intent on dissing Xingu without having tried it you ignoramus??

Also I don't eat brauts and I only use beer as an ingredient when making chili or getting drunk

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Cider is the most gender progressive alcoholic beverage.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
I like to drink Sam Adam's because I enjoy the taste and textures of cobwebs in my mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ahahahaha it's a Kölsch of course it's a loving Kölsch it's the lamest beer ever.

• Locked thread