Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
ts people know which ones aren't good:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A25GROL6KJV3QG/ref=cm_cr_rdp_pdp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
As someone who goes through dozens of USB Chargers and cords every week at work.

This is relevant to my interests.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

he's probably just a shill for Big USB

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Good poo poo, OP, I can't wait to read all these reviews about a very specific product type

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Chromebook Pixel? Who's gonna spend $1000 on a Chromebook?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
"My analysis shows that this cable, although will charge and provide data through to the devices, does not correctly follow the USB Type C specification for power delivery identification."

:iceburn:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this is a man who thought watching paint dry was too exciting

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Parallax Scroll posted:

he's probably just a shill for Big USB

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
That is actually a cool thing to do, even if it is super boring, because otherwise such information would be completely unavailable anywhere and you would just have to buy the cable and hope it works. Thank you mr google man.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

That is actually a cool thing to do, even if it is super boring, because otherwise such information would be completely unavailable anywhere and you would just have to buy the cable and hope it works. Thank you mr google man.

Agreed, it honestly is a community service, considering how terrible a lot of USB poo poo honestly is

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Booblord Zagats posted:

Agreed, it honestly is a community service, considering how terrible a lot of USB poo poo honestly is

Society just needs to catch up to the idea of looking up reviews of USB cords before buying them/stealing them from work

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
Reviewed
The Orange Box (Original Soundtrack)
The Orange Box (Original Soundtrack)
10 of 11 people found this review helpful
product rating stars This was a triumph! I'm making a note here : HUGE SUCCESS!
December 29, 2007
The soundtrack to the year's most varied video compilation, Valve's The Orange Box, is in itself a nuanced and varied listen. The three core games that make up The Orange Box are as different as can be.

The tracks from Half Life 2 Episode One and Episode Two continue HL2's tradition of pumping industrial rock that gets Gordon Freeman from one battle to the next.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Firewire is what I'm used too. USB 3.0 doesn't sound like it will get my butterflies fluttering.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

...Read more >

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
this is actually a relevant concern because micro-USB cables are, typically, flaming loving garbage

whenever you buy one it's basically a crap-shoot whether or not it will actually charge a device at 2.1 amps and most of the time I've lost the shoot; between that and the wall units the cables plug into it's more or less impossible to attain that, which necessitates you buying a set which will do so from the original manufacturer of the device

and honestly, if I wanted to buy manufacturer branded cables to charge my tablet or smartphone I would have just gotten a loving iPhone and iPad

basically, gently caress micro-USB

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm glad this exists, thanks OP

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

You get a USB cable with literally every device* you buy now and they all work fine wtf are people doing that they need to buy more and are worried about the quality?

*Except printers, for some reason

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
theres only so many words you can use to talk about a usb cable.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Quote-Unquote posted:

You get a USB cable with literally every device* you buy now and they all work fine wtf are people doing that they need to buy more and are worried about the quality?

Except printers, for some reason

Because when I'm at Point A and have to go to Point B I don't necessarily want to take the cable and charger with me and would rather have another set at Point B waiting when I arrive

you'd understand if you had a job I guess

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"This one works yes." - 5 stars

"This one does not work no." - 1 star

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Because when I'm at Point A and have to go to Point B I don't necessarily want to take the cable and charger with me and would rather have another set at Point B waiting when I arrive

boom shakalaka

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Quote-Unquote posted:

Most if not all the reviews are about USB-C or USB-C to USB-A, which are new and not nearly as ubiquitous yet.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I just have devices at a and b because I'm not poor, or at least I go to work and say "hey can I borrow a charger" and like magic I get one. Sorry about your learning disability that prevents you from being able to organise and acquire everyday items.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

Most if not all the reviews are about USB-C or USB-C to USB-A, which are new and not nearly as ubiquitous yet.

This makes more sense than "I'm literally too retarded to acquire a cable", ty.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Quote-Unquote posted:

usb-c

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

I just have devices at a and b because I'm not poor, or at least I go to work and say "hey can I borrow a charger" and like magic I get one. Sorry about your learning disability that prevents you from being able to organise and acquire everyday items.

you asked "why would you want to buy one" and the answer was "to have one rather than two" then instead of going "oh okay" you decided to shame him for not being a mooch

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Quote-Unquote posted:

itt the office equivalent of that guy who smokes a half dozen bummed cigarettes a day

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

itt the office equivalent of that guy who smokes a half dozen bummed cigarettes a day

Lol cos I'm capable of putting a cable (of which I have like a dozen because you get one with everything) in my pocket before I leave the house or asking a friend or colleague if I forgot

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

nomadologique posted:

you asked "why would you want to buy one" and the answer was "to have one rather than two" then instead of going "oh okay" you decided to shame him for not being a mooch

I don't have an iPhone but I keep a lighting cable in my bag for people that want to borrow it. I'm basically a legend at the office.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Quote-Unquote posted:

Lol cos I'm capable of putting a cable (of which I have like a dozen because you get one with everything) in my pocket before I leave the house or asking a friend or colleague if I forgot
Life optimization tip: buy a second one so you don't have to remember to do that each day. If you need to know which one to buy, well, have I got the resource for you.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Quote-Unquote posted:

having two tablets and two smartphones and mooching more efficient than having two chargers :shepface:

I'm blaming you when we run out of rare earths

Life optimization tip: buy a second one so you don't have to remember to do that each day. If you need to know which one to buy, well, have I got the resource for you.

Nice!

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah. Like anything there can be huge quality differences.

And when you have customers that cycle a single cable hundreds of times in a day it matters.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

I have a desk at home, a desk at work, and my bag for when I travel to customers. Each location has a laptop charger and a couple phone chargers so I don't have to worry about it.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Benson sounds like a cool guy.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
lol if you don't own like 10 chargers all strewn about your house and workplace so you never need to worry about that poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how Apple used different adapters over the years and then ended up with a micro usb like cable

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
For me it's not so much the cables that go out, it's the plugger inner thing. Whatever that's calle.d

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

bollig posted:

For me it's not so much the cables that go out, it's the plugger inner thing. Whatever that's calle.d
the port

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
every company should do this tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

bollig posted:

rear end

• Locked thread