Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I love Elvis Harkonen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I woke up early this morning with “you’re just Zendaya in disguise” going through my head. I’m a sick gently caress!!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I really hope that the tempura green beans from The Habit win it’s predestined to be cgc and we all know it Susser hosed up.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mitch wants to end episode early to get to Whalin’.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yeah so it’s possible for a non-Taco Bell item to win the tournament? That’s very stupid and I love it.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Question for anyone else who was at the show/watched the livestream: Any idea who was playing Lev Ginsburg? I absolutely did not recognize him

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
It might have actually been him https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0320140/

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I love these idiots.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

On further investigation, looks like it was Ben Messmer, based on this Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5E2r6XPfnl/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Where do you find the tournament episodes that weren't in the main feed or the doughboys double feed? They keep talking about the birthday boys picking something stupid to advance (I don't remember what) and that was in neither feed. Do I need platinum plate club to get it?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hanford was on the Double and he was partly the reason the Baja Blast Freeze was in the finals

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Okay, I heard that one. I guess I was just confused because at least one time they blamed the birthday boys, which I guess Hanford + Mitch are.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The finale was ok but felt a bit underwhelming. Kowalick & Suss were great & Gabrus was on point but felt like for a short show stage was too crowded, and spent too much time recapping the tournament so far. Not fun that Mitch seemed legit distressed about his heart rate.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

hopefully this time he's distressed enough to do something

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Hopefully yeah although the issue hasn’t been a lack of awareness of the issue. Ideally will take steps to be healthy & around a long time but yeah just gonna be another High & Mighty annual update in ten months staying the course.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I can’t see Mitch changing a lot as long as he’s hosting Doughboys in its current form. The show is literally killing him, lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

time again to call out a guest for unforgivable opinions

the post-workout protein feeding window is NOT 30 minutes

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
One thing I like and also find frustrating about Doughboys is Mitch (and it's always Mitch) will have an opinion, get dogpiled (receive some mild criticism online) for it (it's star wars usually but can also be Dune 2) have a rant, get dogpiled again, say he won't talk about it again, bring it up out of nowhere again, be reminded that he wasn't going to talk about it, have a rant about it, swear never to talk about it again, then have a double about the subject that he got dogpiled for.

Like it seems like he genuinely is offended by the response but can't help himself but respond himself.

What a great podcast.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Mitch is the king of digging up old arguments. Like I genuinely believe he's going to keep talking about the results of the Taco Bell tournament for probably the rest of the life of the podcast.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Five years from now he’s going to say he’s mad that Wiger got that sponsor swag bicycle.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Von Linus posted:

One thing I like and also find frustrating about Doughboys is Mitch (and it's always Mitch) will have an opinion, get dogpiled (receive some mild criticism online) for it (it's star wars usually but can also be Dune 2) have a rant, get dogpiled again, say he won't talk about it again, bring it up out of nowhere again, be reminded that he wasn't going to talk about it, have a rant about it, swear never to talk about it again, then have a double about the subject that he got dogpiled for.

Like it seems like he genuinely is offended by the response but can't help himself but respond himself.

What a great podcast.

Eh kinda, in the case of Dune 2 it felt like he gave his real opinion early of thinking it was ok but nothing special & isn’t interested in the franchise. Contrasted with Wiger & everyone else on staff seeing it constantly so deciding to exaggerate Mitch’s disinterest for content. So he’ll joke around but can tell he doesn’t care much & is rolling with it to give Wiger a sounding board. Big difference from Avatar 2 where they both were enthusiastic or how fun the Whale obsession has been.

The Dune 2 bits are ok but helped me appreciate Get Played/Get Animed where Wiger has an outlet to discuss his fandoms endlessly without derailing Doughboys.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
elvis harkonnen is legit funny and i hope it continues beyond all credulity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Elvis Harkonnen rules