Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
why would you ever avoid using chemical preservatives in an mre

ladle the chemicals on there, wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

fishmech posted:

Part of the deal with MREs is the military wants to be able to be made by nearly any major food supplier out there. That's why they distribute the tech needed for them to everyone, but it also means they try to minimize specialty preservatives and the like if it's possible to use something more common and simpler.

They really prefer if they can preserve the food by loving with ph levels and packing methods.

there's like 40 preservatives which have been known for more than 60 years

also rosemary extract is also a specialty chemical

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there's a church pretty close by to menlo park but you have to go all the way to sunnyvale for a proper asian mart
sucks

e: thought i was in the geebis costco thread lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Weren't there multiple times in the gip idiot thread where someone needed to be taught to wipe their rear end

How you gonna have soldiers cook

• Locked thread