Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Crazy Ted posted:

EDIT: Skal Labissiere is absolutely MIA in the first half at Kansas

That's kinda his gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

That's kinda his gimmick.
I know. That's why it's so :lol: to look back in hindsight and see him as the possible #1 draft pick heading into this season.

Good lord he's almost too raw for college basketball.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

NickRoweFillea posted:

I want Buddy Hield!!!!!

And I want a puppy

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The ESPN college guys are trying so hard to turn Ben Simmons' lack of aggressiveness today into a major thing, and it was kind of funny to see Rece Davis throw it to the NBA guys so they could respond with "lol no he's the #1 pick shut up".

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Crazy Ted posted:

The ESPN college guys are trying so hard to turn Ben Simmons' lack of aggressiveness today into a major thing, and it was kind of funny to see Rece Davis throw it to the NBA guys so they could respond with "lol no he's the #1 pick shut up".

I had it on for a few seconds and Dick Vitale's reasoning was that Michael Jordan used to demand the ball and I'm just thinking that Ben Simmons might have been old enough to have memories when Jordan was playing for the Wizards

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

I had it on for a few seconds and Dick Vitale's reasoning was that Michael Jordan used to demand the ball and I'm just thinking that Ben Simmons might have been old enough to have memories when Jordan was playing for the Wizards
They started all this kvetching because Simmons only had four points on 2/2 shooting and five assists in the first half. Apparently what he was supposed to do was say "gently caress my teammates" and throw up 23 FGA in 20 minutes without facilitating the offense in any way.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
That thing I linked earlier in this thread about the Plumlee vs Labissierre matchup I recorded called out Labissierre hard on how little he impacts a game. Dude just doesn't know how to play basketball yet.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ButtWolf posted:

Yeah thats who Memphis is drafting, not Buddy.

gently caress!!!!!

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

gently caress!!!!!

He'll be a mix between Jeff Green and Courtney Lee but you'll also have them and the 2nd rounder will also be a tweeny.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This is a bunch of horse manure.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I really like LaVert aside from the injury thing

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MourningView posted:

I really like LaVert aside from the injury thing

I do too, I just like teasin Nick. He has a strong unique name as well, which according to my theory, gives him a 72.9% chance of being a 12 year player and three time all star.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Wade Baldwin has the freakish body of an NBA player. I don't know if he's especially good, but he looks the part. He's a very poor finisher, incredibly poor, but he's shooting really well from three.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 3, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wait he's actually got the injury bug? I thought y'all were just goofin. Ahhhhhh god drat it!!!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

NickRoweFillea posted:

Wait he's actually got the injury bug? I thought y'all were just goofin. Ahhhhhh god drat it!!!

Injury prone is really only concerning in big men or if there's an underlying problem

If he hosed up his foot again I think it'd be cause for concern

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
What are your guys thoughts on Ellenson? I think I would be pretty happy to get him at 7 or later.

I think his game will improve and translate pretty well. He should develop a long range game and can at least abuse smaller players in the post off switches. Has the handle to immediately run the break.

Defense is iffy but his wingspan alone should help there.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 6, 2016

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
dejan and I are big fans of Cat Barber and any other player with a job title in place of a given name

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The more the Knicks lose, the happier Raptor fan's get and looks like they are heading into a tough stretch post all-star break. How has Ivan Rabb, Ellenson, and Brice Johnson looked? Any chance they could fall into the 10-14th spot?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

EvanTH posted:

dejan and I are big fans of Cat Barber and any other player with a job title in place of a given name

Lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Hand Row posted:

What are your guys thoughts on Ellenson? I think I would be pretty happy to get him at 7 or later.

I think his game will improve and translate pretty well. He should develop a long range game and can at least abuse smaller players in the post off switches. Has the handle to immediately run the break.

Defense is iffy but his wingspan alone should help there.

I need to watch him again because the only time I've seen him play this year was against Iowa and he was awful.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Death By The Blues posted:

The more the Knicks lose, the happier Raptor fan's get and looks like they are heading into a tough stretch post all-star break. How has Ivan Rabb, Ellenson, and Brice Johnson looked? Any chance they could fall into the 10-14th spot?

I think it might be a good idea to wait until after the trade deadline to think about where the Raptors might be picking.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Isaac Allen may be in this draft.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Not a fan of Ellenson higher than 10 or so. Garbage defender and his jump shooting is overrated at this stage.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

Not a fan of Ellenson higher than 10 or so. Garbage defender and his jump shooting is overrated at this stage.

Yeah people talk about him like he's going to be this elite stretch 4 but he's not even cracking 30% from three this year. It seems to be the typical deal where people just assume any white dude who isn't a center can shoot.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Declan MacManus posted:

Looks the same as a Jon Leuer or something.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

His handles are pretty good and he has a high release point but there is a lot of projection going on there

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Frank Ntilikina is the new international rocketing up the 2017 boards. Played well in the Basketball Without Borders tourney. From Givony's DX writeup:

quote:

Outlook: Incredibly mature 17-year old. Carries himself like a pro. Arguably the top prospect at the entire camp in terms of physical tools, current production and long-term upside. Continues to improve every time we see him. Seeing a handful of minutes at the highest levels of European basketball with Strasbourg as a third string PG.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Alex Poythress is going to leave Kentucky with a degree, he might get a masters before he's done

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Frank Ntilikina is the new international rocketing up the 2017 boards. Played well in the Basketball Without Borders tourney. From Givony's DX writeup:

Elite name tool, as Declan would say. I think I have a little bit of a touch for prospects in college games, and a little bit in international games, but in camp workouts, I don't know man. It's hard not to at least be alright when you have that sort of freakish body. We'll see babaayyy

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 19, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dejan Bimble posted:

Alex Poythress is going to leave Kentucky with a degree, he might get a masters before he's done

Division I student-athlete with remaining eligibility may continue participating in athletics while enrolled in graduate classes.

To compete while in graduate school, a student-athlete must be within five calendar years of his or her initial enrollment in college. Student-athletes who have exhausted their five-year window for competition, but who have lost more than one season of competition due to injury, can apply for a waiver to continue playing.

Can the people who do homework for Kentucky athletes handle a dissertation?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Elite name tool, as Declan would say.
I want Oregon State's Trés Tinkle to make the NBA so loving bad. poo poo even if it's just on a ten-day contract.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Crazy Ted posted:

I want Oregon State's Trés Tinkle to make the NBA so loving bad. poo poo even if it's just on a ten-day contract.

I already know the sound effect the arena audio guys will use after he hits a three.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Elite name tool, as Declan would say. I think I have a little bit of a touch for prospects in college games, and a little bit in international games, but in camp workouts, I don't know man. It's hard not to at least be alright when you have that sort of freakish body. We'll see babaayyy

It's important to look at both but at a young age the camp workouts are probably a bit more important.

Also is that pronounced Nitillykeena because I'm excited for announcers to mangle that for years

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Caris Levert out for the season again.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Weak class just got a little weaker. I'm hoping some studs come out of the 12-20 range.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So I'm watching Bryn Forbes hit 11 threes in a game and I've gotten to wondering if he can make the league in a JJ Redick lite role. Am I just being a homer? He's gotta at least get a look in Summer League, right?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

So I'm watching Bryn Forbes hit 11 threes in a game and I've gotten to wondering if he can make the league in a JJ Redick lite role. Am I just being a homer? He's gotta at least get a look in Summer League, right?

No, yes, and probably, respectively

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
One totally unbiased source agrees :colbert:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Money23Green/status/705208292503490560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Caris Levert out for the season again.

Sounds like a Grizz pick alright

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

See also:
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/30490973544910850
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/482344663115112448

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

God I hope drunk LeBron tweet hypes another scrub in the tourney this year.

• Locked thread