Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
If DJ Hogg isn't playing at Arkansas fire their coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
In terms of young guys, I saw LeBron in his senior year of high school and it was obvious that he was a man among boys (literally) then, and he didn't give two shits about defense, so giving demerits to Simmons on that account is kinda whatevs. Other than Davis due to his shot-blocking, who was the last big-time guy to hit the draft and be known for their D anyway?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Kansas's highest ranked player is at 99? The hell happened there?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Doltos posted:

I dunno staring for Western Kentucky probably gets you a ton of free dinners at Bojangles

Pretty nice of Bojangles to let employees eat for free.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So what's the chance that the Sixers will move away from Hinkie's "process" even more by moving a pick or two for a veteran? Since the only thing funnier than running a bottoming-out scheme is to abandon it for once that definitely won't work.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Kris Dunn screams second round pick, probably in the back half. That sound about right?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

He is projected to go like 5-10, dude.

jesus how

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
1 - Simmons
2 - ? but needs to be 7'
3 - Noel
4 - Okafor
5 - Embiid

See what number ends up being higher, average height or number of wins.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

I've already resigned myself to Embiid being the new Greg Oden.

Oden at least played.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

ButtWolf posted:

Dont know if we should do this in N/V or here, but in this century, what rookies have been good on D out of the gate? Just talking 'already not a liability' from day 1.Winslow, Smart come to mind recently.

Davis, since his D was further along than his O when first picked?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
How would Murray compared to Devin Booker if we're comparing Kentucky prospects.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Rick posted:

My coworker who stalks 8th graders follows long-term college recruiting says there aren't isn't any generational talent in at least the next three years. That seems insane, but how soon do people typically start projection such aspirations on players?

It's also worth noting that the last true "generational talent" was told to walk on at Virginia loving Tech.

Scouting/drafting/any kind of player projecting is a complete clusterfuck and you'd have just as good a chance at using bingo balls as a strategy.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Pretty sure Steve Nash only hits like 1-2 of that criteria so :shrug:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Adun posted:

It's kind of crazy that it's been more than two years since Joel Embiid has played in a basketball game.

Has there been anything comparable for a successful NBA player?

Roy Tarpley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

pseudodragon posted:

Nothing anyone officially says this close to the draft can be taken at face value. Even if they are 100% all in on Simmons as a player, there's always a chance he could pop a medical/character red flag in the next little while and they want to be able to say Ingram was their first choice all along rather than have it look like they got stuck with their second choice.

Who was the last slam dunk "we're taking this guy first no matter what" pick, LeBron? I want to say there were some concerns about Rose and Davis that made people pump the brakes slightly.

• Locked thread