Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ben Simmons looks real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's stupid to be saying this really but he looks lebron-like in the way he can hold the ball for a second up towards halfcourt, see the whole floor, and fire off a perfect pass that finds an often completely surprised teammate

He looks like he has the natural ability to turn into a good shooter. That's the last piece. Jesus he is a good prospect.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Huge gamble for #1 that he learns to shoot.

He's not going to by March.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This draft class is really looking weak and shallow. Skal and Jamal Murray don't look like top 5 picks to me. And people are hyping 22 year old seniors as lotto picks. Grim.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Huge write up on top 50 dudes or so

http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/12/9/9851978/2016-nba-draft-big-board-installment-2

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That guy I just posted has him in the top 5.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simmons is going to be best a PF on defense most likely. He'll be his own position on offense. IMHO.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

23 is ancient.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Could jalen Brown be a lock down wing defender.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Isaac Allen may be in this draft.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He may also have just failed out of school.

Is that even possible in the SEC though?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

DraftExpress has him in the 35-40 range as a best-case scenario for this year. Considering those contracts aren't guaranteed he should go back to school.

Uh one year of nba salary is a lot more than he'd earn at school ($0).

Edit

I see this was addressed.

Can't wait for one and done to go away. It's such a scam and mockery.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cuban said right after l'affair Deandre that it was time to tank. So I guess it's on his mind.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Noel is most likely gone imho. Next year is already his 4th. Okafor will also likely be traded especially if Embiid can play a full season.

So there is plenty of room for BS.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simmons and Towns would be ludicrous.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's moving now!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Trading your high lottery pick so you can better play a big man coming back from multiple foot-related injuries seems... ill advised.

Yeah listening to Hinkie today they have no confidence on his foot. So imho Okafor is sticking around.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think he's a definite 3 and makes it a 3 player draft now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

Bender looks good for a player his age but is still 2+ years away from where Porzingis was when he came to the league imo

Do you mean 2 years from draft Porzingis or 2 years from the Zingis who showed up in October.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Towns, Karl Antonius
Nerlens Noel

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They did sign FAs and veterans.

Anyway if you are saying Bender is 4 years from Zingis now good god that is pretty far away.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ok maybe not 3 player but you have 2 top tier and I guess now one in the tier right below and above all the ncaa upperclassman garbage.

(I apologize for speaking of the Process).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think people are way down on his non shooting abilities and athleticism.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Iirc one scout called his upside "6th man combo guard".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nick Stauskas was a 9 pick in a loaded draft.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's in the first round right.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does that mean bulls get the 17 pick and Sixers get the 2019 pick?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

It's top 10 protected next year as well and extinguishes after that... so they'll never get it

Ah ok.

So they have all their picks now save the two swap options and the unprotected 2019 to philly?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

The balls are split evenly, so they get less chance where they are at #8 now than if they weren't in a 3 way tie. But at this point I don't even care about lotto chances. I'm just glad they are are in a position to most likely keep their pick but also grab one of the guards if one of the bigs rockets up the charts.

If the Kings finish in the bottom 10 again next season, then they keep their 2017 pick (and possibly swap with Philly). If this happens, the 2018 pick is top 10 protected to Philly. In 2019 it is unprotected. It was a really bad trade

So I guess if we are lucky we are bottom 10 again next season, hopefully get a nice prospect, then the season after we improve and give our pick to Philly before the 2019 time bomb. Being a Kings fan builds character

Why is it so complicated.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tip the blender over

That's the answer, right.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Trap sprung

Its $0.05 and $1.05

Omg I was so wrong.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No. Only 44 apostrophes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I didn't watch much college basketball

Please give an irresponsible modern nba comp for Simmons so I can day dream. Tyia.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

iamsosmrt posted:

Would Okafor for #3 and one of Boston's logjam of guards be a fair trade?

I love okafor and want this to happen badly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

Blake Griffin without the posterizing dunks

I'll take it .

Let's go.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

Simmons is a much more advanced passer, has a better handle, and is quicker than OU Blake though. Idk I don't think they're that similar. Simmons doesn't really remind me of anyone.

Boris??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's basically draft expresss mock. Well. It is the same thing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ty1990 posted:

Please just draft Simmons and go from there, Bryan.

This will happen i know.

The question is if they trade for 3-5.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

iamsosmrt posted:

Is there an source to the Simmons forcing his way to LA rumor? I've read and heard people talking about it, but I haven't seen any sports journalists talking about it.

It's smoke and misreading another article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also there are strongly sourced rumors that the Sixers ownership did not want Porzingis.

Also jfc the gap between Porzingis and Okafor is not that great. It's not ridiculous to take okafor first.

• Locked thread