Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy hell Ndiaye is bad. Thats got.to be the worst low post play Ive ever seen. His only move is pivot towards the basket real slow and throw it. I have no doubt i could stop him 80% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Blakeney coming with him or will he stay another year? I couldnt imagine wanting to stay. Ive been pretty high on him. Although my scouting high school guys is basically just sick highlights mixes.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He looks really solid. Teams that are looking for a guy without a huge potential boom are in the minority though. A senior that probably won't get a whole lot better than he is right now, but might. I was thinking while watching the Arkansas game, 'I bet this guy can be a 12 yr vet being the 8th man.'

Like a Nick Collison has been for the last 4 years. I love guys getting drafted late and putting in work and succeeding. I'll be.rooting for him come next June. Then again, he may start to get noticed.

Draftnet has him at 57 to OKC. Id really like that and hopefully singler is gone. Nick is getting old.

I think it'll come down to those last 10 teams and whether or not they are looking for euro prospects and possibly stash guys like Neza or seniors who will go to the dleague for a year or two.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 6, 2015

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like Newman to 76ers. Right now he's probably better than Canaan.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doltos posted:

Not sure if you guys would be interested but in one of my graduate courses I have to do matchup analysis reports and I figure I'd share one here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HIbey4pv7fWKEEMXMBSf1-Bg3s88AJSExayQCZ8fAOA/edit?usp=sharing

Skal Labissiere vs Marshall Plumlee from the game back in November.

The two matchups were bleh. Plumlee outrebounded Skal easily, got him into foul trouble early, then disappeared shortly after Skal because he's too slow tempo versus Kentucky. Takeaways from the game tho are that Briscoe needs to stop chewing his mouthguard like a open mouthed moron, Murray is a really, really good basketball player, Grayson has one of the most punchable Duke faces in history, and Kentucky's spirit squad must be the most annoying group of douches in the history of any sport.

I wouldn't have dropped out if my school had classes like this. We had 'Basketball Coaching' and 'Officiating'.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MSUs Valentine looks good. OAKs Kahlil Fielder is my pick to jump up to early 2nd rd and work his rear end off and make a splash.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hield will go to SAS and be the next Danny Green

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Memphis needs him. Old and ready to contribute. Although thats usually the kiss of death.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ready to contribute is kiss of death, not old. And yeah 23 is old for a rookie now as 80% of the league tries to draft on potential.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dont mention euro rookies, I get sad when I remember that I didnt get to see Arvydas in his prime. One of my faves.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im usually pretty good at picking talent from college and "scouting"is one of my favorite things to do, but I watched Ohio St and Indiana today and I can no longer watch ncaab.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hows the international list looking? Bender is the only one Ive heard of.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope Im wrong but I get Allan Ray vibes from him. I remember being pretty high on Ray. He was NBA ready. Then nothing. I guess getting your eyeball almost knocked out might be bad.

Valentine and Hield are going to go like 19th and 22nd or something and be those that during a redraft article get picked 5th and 6th.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 24, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone watched Gary Payton II play? Stat-wise, he looks similar to his father. Just wondering if the eye test shows the same. That would be cool to literally have a Glove clone.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

With all the national attention OU is getting now, and him beasting, I think he is a lock for 8-14 slot.

Edit: He's probably the next Courtney Lee or similar, which is fine.

Or could go the way of Jameer Nelson, where an older player of the year gets passed up a lot for potential guys.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 26, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

Tell me about Caris LeVert. Is he an injury prone athletic tweener

Yeah thats who Memphis is drafting, not Buddy.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

gently caress!!!!!

He'll be a mix between Jeff Green and Courtney Lee but you'll also have them and the 2nd rounder will also be a tweeny.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MourningView posted:

I really like LaVert aside from the injury thing

I do too, I just like teasin Nick. He has a strong unique name as well, which according to my theory, gives him a 72.9% chance of being a 12 year player and three time all star.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Declan MacManus posted:

Not a fan of Ellenson higher than 10 or so. Garbage defender and his jump shooting is overrated at this stage.

Looks the same as a Jon Leuer or something.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Weak class just got a little weaker. I'm hoping some studs come out of the 12-20 range.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well you do need to look at stuff like that, but personality does changed and you are not really who you are til bout 25. But this is getting a lil crazy.

Who jumps the most during the tourney this year? Or drops?

Im gonna say Trimble if MD goes far.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 14, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
According to nbadraft.net, murray is jeff hornacek. Dont see it at all.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently everyone is dumping SImmons (to #2 at least), citing lack of passion/motivation/The Look™. Can't really say I totally disagree, it could be a problem. Also, worried about his playmaking skills translating, since he won't be running a team initially. But, If I were PHI, I would just let him take over the Draymond Green role with Ish Smith in the Steph Curry role since they are practically the same player.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MourningView posted:

"Everyone" in this case being "DraftExpress", who doesn't even really do a mock in the traditional sense this early in the process, they just have Ingram as their top ranked player right now. Simmons is not the absolute lock he was two months ago and there's a lot of grumbling about his effort, but most people still have him projected to go first, I think. Ingram has been closing the gap for most of the season and could pass him with a really good tournament (although I think Duke could get bounced fairly early) but Simmons is still probably the favorite to go first right now.

This is what I read. Not gonna re-read cause I'm lazy, but I think it's a few scouts/org people they are 'quoting'. I think he'll be good for sure. Just depends on if you want a Giannis/Draymond type situation. I would.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MourningView posted:

And he may have checked out a bit and started looking ahead to the NBA at the end of the year when it became clear they weren't going anywhere but I have a hard time blaming him too much. He shouldn't have had to play college basketball in the first place

100% agree.

Since more players (still only a handful) are going overseas or doing weird prep things instead of NCAA, I hope it makes some NCAA clubs try to emulate NBA schemes more. It won't, but I wish it would. Broken record, but I hate college basketball.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah and for 90% of good players the shot will come along. Id still think about taking Ingram if i needed a scorer vs playmaker more, like phx maybe. Maybe.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rick posted:

I actually think Phoenix would be one of the best landing spots for Simmons. Booker is the only player who can pass and the Suns have some shooting (although of course Ingram wouldn't hurt them).

Bledsoe?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grant Hill might be the only Dukie thats tolerable. And Trajan Langdon.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazy Ted posted:

Elton Brand

Truth

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wasnt Jalen Brunson really highly touted? Havent heard m7ch about him this year.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had seen a lot of mixtape stuff last year so i presumed top 10. He looks pretty good.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paul Zuvella posted:

Brice Johnson is going to be the guy who is going to play himself into a hilariously high draft pick, isn't he?

I don't know about hilariously high, but probably play his way up to 14-19 range if UNC keeps winning.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember thinking John Wallace was going to be really good l.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which orangemen gets drafted in top 10 bc of final four and turns out terrible?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EvanTH posted:

Hield is the annual Great Tournament Performance Causes Massive Overrating Of Older Prospect right

He's prob ncaa poty. But they have 3 guards. Id go Bender if he is what he is cracked up to be.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dont know if we should do this in N/V or here, but in this century, what rookies have been good on D out of the gate? Just talking 'already not a liability' from day 1.Winslow, Smart come to mind recently.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kibner posted:

That was his reputation, but his offense was better than his defense his rookie year. Though, I guess he wasn't a liability on defense since he was a good rebounder.

Yeah, unless I'm remembering incorrectly he was kind of list on D a lot, but rebounded and blocked a lot of shots, so it kind of evens out.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mr. Show had a sketch about this, basically two scouts fighting over a new born baby or something, havent seen it in a while. I remember 3 or 4 years ago watching Seventh Woods and Thon Maker mixtapes thinking they are going to be world beaters, but now realize that they were just amazing for 14 or 15, that there is still an incredible amount of growth both physically and mentally in the coming 4 yrs and subsequent 1-4 yrs of college. A lot can change. AFAIK Seventh Woods was gonna be the next DRose and now he's #59. Still good but hyped up too much.

Next year in ncaa we will have Gary Trent Jr AND Charles OBannon Jr. This year GPII in nba (for a minute at least, not familiar) For some reason i like seeing older players kids do well after them.

Confession: I really like Gary Trent.

Also be on the lookout for Kristian Doolittle, attending Oklahoma next year. Great name.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 7, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EvanTH posted:

He was one of the NCAA leaders in steals which can be a good projection of NBA ability, unless you went to Syracuse. Kris Dunn is also up there with that, Ben Simmons trailing behind

Cool. Glove is in my top 10 of all-time, so I hope GPII finds a home, even if it's a defensive backup pg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

e. Well now DX has Denzel Valentine for Memphis. I know that he's got a gap in his choppers so big you could execute cool flight maneuvers in an a An-225 through it.

I like that pick for ya'll. As long as he agrees to get grizzled real fast and play physical.

• Locked thread