Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Whoops.

quote:

MARKSVILLE, La. -- A 6-year-old boy was killed and his father critically wounded after marshals for a central Louisiana city fired at their vehicle as the father was trying to flee, officials said.
The two were shot about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday in Marksville, La. Avoyelles Parish Coroner L. J. Mayeux identified the driver as Chris Few and his son as Jeremy Mardis, a first-grader at a nearby elementary school.
The coroner said Mardis died from multiple gunshot wounds to his head and chest. Few was listed in serious condition Wednesday morning, according to hospital officials.

Mayeux said city marshals were chasing Few after he fled an attempt to serve a warrant. The coroner said Few reached a dead end and was backing into the marshals when they fired.

Yep totally worth killing a guy and his kid cause you don't want to move out of the way for a warrant lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Cops have a very stressful life. They put themselves in danger every day in order to protect you and me. If they want to murder a 6 year old child so that they can later masturbate to the thought of his cold lifeless corpse then that's their right. Support our cops! #Bluelivesmatter

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
what are you trying to accomplish with this thread

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Enfield posted:

what are you trying to accomplish with this thread

what is the point of this post

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

they should have settled for kicking and punching the car like the street fighter bonus level imo

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vorik posted:

what is the point of this post

what is the point of your post asking me for the point of my post

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
is

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
wow that really sucks, I bet all of those adults wished they had handled that differently

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Full communism and stasi 2.0 RIGHT NOW plz. Thnx.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe the kid was going to grow up to be a lawyer so actually the cop was doing us a favor. thanm you cop for ridding us of a future lawyer

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

actually the cop was doing us a favor.
This but for that cop who killed himself.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
The child had autism, wasn't going to be a lawyer

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/autistic-6-year-old-shot-killed-during-police-pursuit-in-louisiana-report-says/

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i support gun control, so long as it begins with cops first

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

autistice kids can be lawyers. who says they cant

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Enfield posted:

maybe the kid was going to grow up to be a lawyer so actually the cop was doing us a favor. thanm you cop for ridding us of a future lawyer

or even worse a politician

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

im so angry about this i think i'll go post about how i should be world emperor.

then bad things wouldn't happen :)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
another thug/future thug bites the dust

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Luvcow posted:

or even worse a politician

Something something head of a major corporation

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

ah poo poo GBS must be psyched about this! Finally a reason GBS can get behind the actions of cops!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Enfield posted:

autistice kids can be lawyers. who says they cant

Your argument is sustained, council

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
im starting to think i should have been a cop. sounds like a sweet gig

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fits my needs posted:

another thug/future thug bites the dust

The kid was white so this time it's a tragedy

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i cant wait for a flood of gbs autism jokes

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Volume posted:

The kid was white so this time it's a tragedy

i can't believe how this could happen. this isn't supposed to happen to good people!

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Strategic Tea posted:

im so angry about this i think i'll go post about how i should be world emperor.

then bad things wouldn't happen :)

To be fair if i was the giant worm god-emperor of urth bad stuff would still accidentally happen but at least id do my best to ensure problems werent institutionalized.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
defeat all cops

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Well, that's loving garbage.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
This is all on the "father" who was driving. If he had just listened to the authorities and cooperated, this kid would still be alive. Instead he took a page from that desk girl and decided to have an attitude when asked to comply with a direct order. I hope the "father" goes to jail for a very long time. His selfish actions killed this kid.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Nathilus posted:

To be fair if i was the giant worm god-emperor of urth bad stuff would still accidentally happen but at least id do my best to ensure problems werent institutionalized.

oh poo poo I'd go all Godzilla on the worlds rear end

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I love how police serve warrants at the times and in the places where the possibility of them discharging their weapons is highest. Middle of the night in the guy's home? While he is in a motor vehicle? Don't wait 30 minutes in the morning to catch him on his front porch or when he's getting back from work or the store. Don't try and arrest someone when they are out in the open and away from bystanders. . . make sure they are either in a dark house and possibly have a gun or while they are behind the wheel of a car.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blistex posted:

I love how police serve warrants at the times and in the places where the possibility of them discharging their weapons is highest. Middle of the night in the guy's home? While he is in a motor vehicle? Don't wait 30 minutes in the morning to catch him on his front porch or when he's getting back from work or the store. Don't try and arrest someone when they are out in the open and away from bystanders. . . make sure they are either in a dark house and possibly have a gun or while they are behind the wheel of a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io1UADruF2k

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

All Lives Matter except kids

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

put the gip leo thread in gbs plz

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
In a unanimous ruling a grand jury has dropped all charges of wrongful death and gave the cops all a Congressional Medal of Honor somehow.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Luvcow posted:

oh poo poo I'd go all Godzilla on the worlds rear end

"So you want to create a god?! Your own god?!?!?"

"Thats a very good question. Isnt that what man has always done? :smug:"

Checkmate coptards.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
cops should be elected and they should not be armed

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

oh man that would be something haha

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nonsense posted:

It used to be in Ask/Tell but then the cops got all huffy that people were asking questions instead of kissing their asses so they moved to the circlejerk known as GIP

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
You know how self driving cars are going to save lives?

What if we have it all wrong, and robots won't be horrible killing machines, but in fact polite helpful machines, who only go into kill bot mode when in like hostage situations? Police being switched with machines might be the best thing lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

its deceptive to omit that the kid was obviously black, as if this could somehow have been a white child

• Locked thread