Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Jastiger posted:

Yes, yes, Velcro is for old people or kids or whatever, but its literally better than shoe laces. They never come undone, they don't snap or break, they can't be tripped over if they are left undone, and you can tighten the shoe up to comfort just as easily or in many cases, easier than shoe laces. Why shoes have these pieces of string that are nothing but trouble is beyond me. From sports to combat to even casual walking, shoe laces are the least secure and most infuriating part of shoes.

Professor Shark posted:

Jesus Christ you people complaining about bathrooms. Carry around the Private Bathroom kit

$3 and you've bought yourself a Private Bathroom to almost everywhere on Earth

symbolic posted:

thank god my one research paper of the semester is due this week, so i can blow off everything else for the rest of the year to play FO4 :D

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

As a former horrible Simpsons messageboard nerd, it's generally accepted among Simpsons nerds that Season 9 (1997), when Mike Scully took over as showrunner and changed the tone of the show, was when it started to noticeably slip. Season 10 and the next few seasons saw further decline, then Al Jean took over as showrunner and has been riding the mediocrity train since 2001.

Though looking back on those Mike Scully episodes today, they weren't actually all that bad, but it was very jarring at the time.

Hasaple posted:

I probably should have gotten plat instead.

Oh well, enjoy the money! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

How am I supposed to fit all that in my rear end?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

thanks swb, its nice getting a "best of" gbs all in one place

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Rectal bleeding itt

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
you made me disgorge all of that from my rear end just to tell me to put it back in? what kind of monster are you?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

holy poo poo i'm famous now

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yes gbs has been post supremecy for a while now. Even 4chan is more famous than is.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Claven666 posted:

you made me disgorge all of that from my rear end just to tell me to put it back in? what kind of monster are you?

:confused:

Repetition is necessary for effective stimulation of the prostate.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Wafflz posted:

How am I supposed to fit all that in my rear end?

SomePacifist
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasantly surprised by the private bathroom tips. thanks starmax betawar

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
those posts suck idiot

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

phasmid posted:

:confused:

Repetition is necessary for effective stimulation of the prostate.

that's what frozen pineapples are for, get with teh program

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Enfield posted:

those posts suck idiot

:agreed:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Enfield posted:

those posts suck idiot

no thats just the sound air makes whistling through your gaping nose hole

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Have you ever bought one of those giant Time magazine coffee table books? I was flipping through one at a family friend's house and they had some stunning pictures in it. Shame what happened to real talent and care.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

a starwar betamax posted:

no thats just the sound air makes whistling through your gaping nose hole

my nose doesnt whistle. how could it, theres only one hole, the nostril opening, which is not condusive to whistling .maybe read a book sometime

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SomePacifist posted:

Pleasantly surprised by the private bathroom tips. thanks starmax betawar

seriously that's some pro life hack poo poo right there.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Enfield posted:

my nose doesnt whistle. how could it, theres only one hole, the nostril opening, which is not condusive to whistling .maybe read a book sometime

like harry potteR???

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nooner posted:

like harry potteR???

i guess

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

Watched something on Netflix about British CAM girls... one of them was really hot, but had way too much make-up... and the accent was sexy for about 2 minutes then became incredibly annoying when she started bitching about everything... including how the maintenance man not giving her an exact time to stop by was loving up her "show" and her money. I really wanted to jack it to her but she made it impossible so I turned it off.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i'm the curator of the jerry mumphrey museum in shreveport

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not usually one to criticize others, but this thread is just unnecessary and could easily lead to poster callouts and shaming. I call on the OP to close this thread. Barring that I would petition the administration team to lock and gas the thread.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
you forgot my posts you loving toilet

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
See: my post history

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles
NAH

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i'm the curator of the jerry mumphrey museum in shreveport

Can I use your guys' bathroom? Or do I have to buy a ticket

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Son of Rodney posted:

drat that's sad :(

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Captain Yossarian posted:

Can I use your guys' bathroom? Or do I have to buy a ticket

honestly why dont more people just buy a 'friends of mumphrey' membership? free admission all year, tote bag, t-shirt and free audio guides

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

bathroom one is legit good for bars when people get super drunk and barge in on you peeing and make fun of you for your small penis but it's just because it's cold out and you're a grower and not a shower and why is he looking at your penis anyways but then you realize that you're at a gay bar so you start to get an erection and they don't make fun of your tiny penis any more but you go outside and get beaten by the police for being a perverted gay man and end up in the hospital where they refuse to give you the necessary blood transfusion because you're gay and so you die and on your tombstone is the simple epitaph:

"im gay"

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Strip Club Vet posted:

Their is a new girl at my job and she is a real good time girl. Her and her friends go out every weekend and party it up. I looked up her Facebook, and Instagram accounts and she seems very sexually liberated and open minded. She is a recreational drug user as well. Lately I have kind of been devising a plan to get her alone. I would buy a large quantity of drugs, tell her that I deal on the side and ask if she is interested in buying some drugs, invite her to my house or maybe a hotel to make the deal, than when she arrives maybe tell her a little bit of my life story, mixed with a few white lies, and try to get her to have sex with me. I tried this once in high school and I got a girl to make out with me on the school bus for a few minutes. She cried later but whatever. Is it worth a try or should I just keep dreaming?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

haha

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

honestly why dont more people just buy a 'friends of mumphrey' membership? free admission all year, tote bag, t-shirt and free audio guides

Ok I'm sold, I already have an annual zoo membership and I got my money's worth chuckling at the monkeys!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
thanks for all the great posts everyone this is one for the score boars

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Ambrose Burnside posted:

TOS is campy fun but that's about all it has going for it and definitely isnt actually legitimately good TV. better than voyager but that is ruthless damning w/ faint praise

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
*every dad gay so what post*

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Nefarious posted:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nefarious posted:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

The Whole Internet posted:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-10/30/male-female-brain-difference-not-significant

So comedians can finally quit with the loving "women go: tee hee hee" "men go: durr hurr hurr" bullshit? Because there's scientific proof they're loving wrong now.

Also, if all our brains are literally the same, what does that mean for transgenders?

lDDQD posted:

Identical, but in what way? In some ways, an AMD and an Intel CPU are also identical: they are capable of executing exactly the same instructions. But you get different performance for different types of computational loads on these competing designs.

It's been found that (on average), men and women tend to have better performance in some tasks, or others. Sure, either population can distinguish different angles (eg: is this 90°, or 85°?). But some individuals have better performance than others - being able to distinguish 90° from 88, for example. As with individual variations, there exist trends in slightly differing performance across large samples of either gender, too.

Bishop posted:

Showed study to an Irl neurologist and he laughed at it and said there's plenty of literature showing important differences

I always laugh because.... Do people really believe males and females have different anatonomy, different hormones, etc but get offended by the idea that our brains develop in different ways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nefarious posted:

• Locked thread