Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Shlomo Palestein posted:

He's not in NH; Amesbury is in MA, just on the border.

Ah whoops, then there's no excuse for everyone in the town being trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
:::siren::: somebody asked publicly on Facebook group if anyone has ever been impeached from the housing authority before :::siren:::

Another person asked where there free chocolate was and I posted a YouTube video of "arrow" saying you have failed this city, and explained that since I was in fact not elected dictator of Amesbury no free chocolate will be had.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

:::siren::: somebody asked publicly on Facebook group if anyone has ever been impeached from the housing authority before :::siren:::

Another person asked where there free chocolate was and I posted a YouTube video of "arrow" saying you have failed this city, and explained that since I was in fact not elected dictator of Amesbury no free chocolate will be had.

Both people are probably following this thread.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Pillowpants posted:

The solution to the "free Chocolate" is on the first page:

Ceiling fan posted:

Now it's time to make good on your crazy promises. Like free chocolate? Grab a bunch of clearance candy and put it in a bowl at the Housing Office. Tell us what you promised, and we can help you figure out how to make your utopian benevolent dictatorship a reality.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Seriously, you need to announce that in your capacity as a member of the Housing Authority, there is now a bowl of free chocolate in the front office.

Best thing'll be if an opponent throws it away or takes it all. Then you get to be the guy who followed through on his quality-of-life campaign promise and your opposition is the guy who threw out/stole everyone's free chocolate like a horrible grinch.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Accretionist posted:

Seriously, you need to announce that in your capacity as a member of the Housing Authority, there is now a bowl of free chocolate in the front office.

You have to do this.

Pillowpants posted:

:munch:

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002
Agree. But only give the free chocolate to people you like. Then you have a voter for life.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
The trick is that you like everyone.

So for the craft beer flowing/river flowing.. You didn't mention what river it needed to be, therefore I recommend buying a keg of craft beer and a shovel. Create a new river and announce a grand plan to deliver on your campaign promise.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

SquadronROE posted:

The trick is that you like everyone.

So for the craft beer flowing/river flowing.. You didn't mention what river it needed to be, therefore I recommend buying a keg of craft beer and a shovel. Create a new river and announce a grand plan to deliver on your campaign promise.

This is a brilliant idea.

Also, every serious post in town now turns into something about me providing bouncy houses at the next election or something ridiculous like that.

It's awesome because it distracts the crazy people who want to let the library fail because we have one in the high school.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pillowpants posted:

This is a brilliant idea.

Also, every serious post in town now turns into something about me providing bouncy houses at the next election or something ridiculous like that.

It's awesome because it distracts the crazy people who want to let the library fail because we have one in the high school.

Just let the library fall and put Section 8 in its place.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

quote:

On 10/5, I posted
Squawks,
I have an important announcement to make. I am going to run for president in 2020. I am going to use my election as the Pontif as a testing ground for the Presidency of the United States of America* (Except for Utah).
What did we ever do to you? :mad:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SubponticatePoster posted:

What did we ever do to you? :mad:

Nothing, he just knows you won't vote for him.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

HootTheOwl posted:

Nothing, he just knows you won't vote for him.
I might have if it wasn't for his rabid Utah hate :argh:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Real chicken and egg situation there.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Bring back rotten boroughs.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bGR0Jlo3Po

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
When do you actually "take office" again?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Crain posted:

When do you actually "take office" again?

You have an office right?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
It's a volunteer position. I take office in January. In the meantime I've already started running for the next election.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Pillowpants posted:

I've already started running for the next election.

Already a true politician.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Pillowpants posted:

It's a volunteer position. I take office in January. In the meantime I've already started running for the next election.

Another idea: Go ahead and take a picture of a chocolate fountain. Place this at every corner.

A [picture of a] chocolate fountain at every corner!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Goons,

The city clerk sent my "congratulations" letter to the wrong address, so instead of getting it 3 weeks ago like everyone else I got it yesterday.

I think they were hoping I'd miss the deadline.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pillowpants posted:

Goons,

The city clerk sent my "congratulations" letter to the wrong address, so instead of getting it 3 weeks ago like everyone else I got it yesterday.

Rahm would be proud.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

Goons,

Congratulations!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Pillowpants posted:

No, it's the Housing Authority. The group that oversees affordable housing and section 8 in each area.

I'm probably going to join my HOA too though.

Oh, that wasn't directed at me.

OK if you oversee Section Eight, does your section eight have a waiting list, or are there closed signups? In my area they only open signups for section eight housing on special days, so that they can keep the waiting list looking short.

So if you want a real policy proposal, make sure as many people can get signed up for section eight as actually need it. Even if it just means inflating the waiting list, then you know how big the actual need is and its harder for people to argue for funding cuts.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 28, 2015

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Pillowpants posted:

Goons,

I'm happy to see an update, congrats!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

Goons,

Congratulations, your first enemy!

Pro-tip: Bodies dissolve better in bases than acids. Bratva favors lye, for example.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Pillowpants posted:

Goons,

They'll burn for this.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Accretionist posted:

Congratulations, your first enemy!

Pro-tip: Bodies dissolve better in bases than acids. Bratva favors lye, for example.

crazy cloud posted:

They'll burn for this.
Is that you, Tyler Durden?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Demand that all legislative sessions be settled via a game of Werewolf. Broadcast live on twitch.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Crain posted:

Demand that all legislative sessions be settled via a game of Werewolf Mario Kart. Broadcast live on twitch.

FTFY :colbert:

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Can we get a pool going on how high OP can climb in politics via Facebook trolling?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

hi liter posted:

Can we get a pool going on how high OP can climb in politics via Facebook trolling?

25% of the voting population here is over 65, so I MIGHT be able to make it on the city council but not higher.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

25% of the voting population here is over 65, so I MIGHT be able to make it on the city council but not higher.

Not with that attitude.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Pillowpants posted:

That just means they might die of old age before the next election; especially if you follow through with your 'free chocolate' plan and really fatten em up.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

biznatchio posted:

That just means they might die of old age before the next election; especially if you follow through with your 'free chocolate' plan and really fatten em up.

Are you going to eat them, like some kind of wicked witch?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DrSunshine posted:

Are you going to eat them, like some kind of wicked witch?

Soilent green could solve the SS/Medicare solvency problem.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

I used to work in Haverhill. Burn northern Mass into the ground (or do amazing poo poo like the section 8 sign-up sheet expansion idea from earlier).

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Anorexic Sea Turtle posted:

I used to work in Haverhill. Burn northern Mass into the ground (or do amazing poo poo like the section 8 sign-up sheet expansion idea from earlier).

Indeed, that is a legitimately good idea. Having a figure on pent-up/unmet demand will put some meat on the bones of any argument for more section 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Presidential Candidate 2034

• Locked thread