Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well, friend of mine went to a Gulls game. He said if you're not going to sit lower bowl, it sucks. Upper deck has no cup holders and the seats are lovely. Beer is $10 for bud or $12 for craft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

iwentdoodie posted:

Well, friend of mine went to a Gulls game. He said if you're not going to sit lower bowl, it sucks. Upper deck has no cup holders and the seats are lovely. Beer is $10 for bud or $12 for craft.

I was wondering who the gently caress sits in the upper level of an AHL game other than colossal cheapskates but holy poo poo $45 for lower level centre ice tickets is kinda nuts. I get San Diego's one of the richer places in the country, but Milwaukee charges $23 for the same seats and they've got one of the best facilities in the AHL.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I am planning an outing to a Wolves game soon. I live five minutes away and it's dirt cheap. poo poo is gonna own.

Edit: to add to current conversation, first five rows at a Wolves game are like 35 at worst. 20-25 for middle.

NomChompsky fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 19, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Infidel Castro posted:

I was wondering who the gently caress sits in the upper level of an AHL game other than colossal cheapskates but holy poo poo $45 for lower level centre ice tickets is kinda nuts. I get San Diego's one of the richer places in the country, but Milwaukee charges $23 for the same seats and they've got one of the best facilities in the AHL.

Yeah, shits not super cheap like you'd expect. Free upper level tickets are pretty easy to come by, apparently, which is why he was up there.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

NomChompsky posted:

I am planning an outing to a Wolves game soon. I live five minutes away and it's dirt cheap. poo poo is gonna own.

Edit: to add to current conversation, first five rows at a Wolves game are like 35 at worst. 20-25 for middle.

Allstate's a good facility too. Granted the only time I've been there were for Rammstein concerts (yeah, go on, laugh) but I'm really thinking about heading down to Rosemont for an Ads/Wolves game this season.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

Infidel Castro posted:

Holy crap. I haven't been to a game yet but have been really wanting to go. For some reason I had it in my head that it would be like the old ECHL days when I could get front row seats for $16 and see 5 fights every night.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The AHL sees your new NHL ASG format bet, and jumps onto the table to shove all their chips into the middle with their cock

fits posted:

not to be outdone, ahl is also going wild with the all star game

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

:yarr: :siren: ADMIRALS WIN 8TH STRAIGHT :siren: :yarr:

Viktor Arvidsson also pushed his points streak to 11 games. :hellyeah:

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica

Infidel Castro posted:

:yarr: :siren: ADMIRALS WIN 8TH STRAIGHT :siren: :yarr:

Viktor Arvidsson also pushed his points streak to 11 games. :hellyeah:

:siren: go ads :siren:

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Stars bounce back from a three game losing streak by beating crappy Charlotte 6-2.

The game tonight that I'm going to however, will be featuring the Jack Campbell experience... at least there's always beer.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 22, 2015

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Victoria Royals ‏@victoriaroyals 13s14 seconds ago
Outhouse is now in net for the Royals.

Employing Griffen Outhouse is worth it just for the tweets.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Campbell gives up 7, I drink 7 large beers in honor of his suckiness. At least the stars kept it close by putting up 6 on gently caress Ray Emery.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Walleye beat Komets on 8-bit night 6-4 :toot:

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
$2 20oz Bud Light every Friday night in (1st Place) Ontario ;)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pictures of the Mario/Koopa themed jerseys in action.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

MaoistBanker posted:

$2 20oz Bud Light every Friday night in (1st Place) Ontario ;)

Nice, we only get $3 12oz beers on Friday. But at least they expanded the discounted food from just hot dogs this year. Now it's chicken tenders and flatbreads.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

N: Admirals win 10th straight, Arvidsson's point steak reaches 13 :toot:

V: I'm going to the game Friday, so I'll probably gently caress things up

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
matthews returned from his injury today and already has a goal

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fits posted:

matthews returned from his injury today and already has a goal

Make that 2 after 2 periods. Kid is good.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo ABSOLUTE BEAT DOWN.. Lots of blood.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Any actual video of it?

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Yep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdDE3NDgnMo

(this seems to be taken from AHL Live which consists of arena jumbotron feed plus radio audio)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

toe knee hand posted:

(this seems to be taken from AHL Live which consists of arena jumbotron feed plus radio audio)

That didn't even look like it was that bad. Just got caught in a bad spot.

Still ridiculous though.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

iwentdoodie posted:

That didn't even look like it was that bad. Just got caught in a bad spot.

Still ridiculous though.

It's almost hilarious

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

toe knee hand posted:

Is funny that they keep mentioning Labate being a rookie because uh, so is Morin.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
True, and Labate is two years older.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Admirals win streak is over, which was bad enough but they also gave up a goal to loving Dan Cleary.

Fun Fact: The last time Cleary scored an AHL goal, the Twin Towers still existed.

e: One of the Grand Rapids players grabbed the puck, which got me wondering if that's some sort of AHL record for most time between goals in league history.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 28, 2015

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

The WBS Penguins set a franchise record 9 straight home wins. Tomorrow they play the Bears so they better win, because Bears fans are insufferable (even when they lost 7-0 last time)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Mage_Boy posted:

because Bears fans are insufferable

One of my favorite hockey things ever was going to Hershey to watch the Penguins clinch the 2001 conference title. We really took over that building, it was great.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

You dont know insufferable fans until you go to a London Knights game.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
You don't need to go to London to see an insufferable Knights fan either, they'll usually come to you
There's always a dude in a Knights jersey in every CHL building, they grow like fuckin mushrooms

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

WBS keeps setting the franchise record now with 10 straight home wins, still undefeated at home.

Edit: Just found out that Tristan Jarry is the only AHL rookie goaltender without a loss.

Mage_Boy fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 29, 2015

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
condors had their teddy bear toss last night https://youtu.be/3Xzut1ltOGE?t=1m

still the best minor league event

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Haha

JD ‏@JDfromCJAY 2h2 hours ago
Scottish hockey team 'Braehead Clan' wearing kilt themed jerseys for St.Andrews Day. AWESOME.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fits posted:

condors had their teddy bear toss last night https://youtu.be/3Xzut1ltOGE?t=1m

still the best minor league event

I wish the NHL would stop being dorks, tell the TV networks to eat it and implement this on one night a year league wide.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
The worst thing about teddy bear tosses is when the visiting goalie posts a shutout. :ohdear:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

toe knee hand posted:

Haha

JD ‏@JDfromCJAY 2h2 hours ago
Scottish hockey team 'Braehead Clan' wearing kilt themed jerseys for St.Andrews Day. AWESOME.

why on earth is this not their normal kit

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

checksin posted:

why on earth is this not their normal kit

loving seriously

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

toe knee hand posted:

The worst thing about teddy bear tosses is when the visiting goalie posts a shutout. :ohdear:

Wait, there are teams that don't just do this at intermission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

ElwoodCuse posted:

Wait, there are teams that don't just do this at intermission?

Yea, all I've heard about it is you throw them when the home team scores its first goal.. If they get shutout sometimes people throw them at the end of the game but it's never with much enthusiasm...

• Locked thread