Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Are you some kind of baseball wizard who thinks they know where all the free agents are going? Now's your chance to show off.

I have created a form featuring an assortment of the top FAs.

:siren: VOTE HERE

AND SEE RESULTS HERE:siren:

If there's anyone I mistakenly left off or you think should be on there, let me know.

Vote now and make sure everyone knows how smart you are!

FABULOUS PRIZE: I will make a donation to the charity of the winner's choice. :10bux:

zakharov fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

i think the hardest decision for me was who was going to sign justin upton. when the cards sign price and heyward call me the oracle

Scob fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 5, 2015

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I guessed on most of these.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Good thing it's called the Guessing Game :yeah:

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I closed my eyes and picked at random for about 80% of the list.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Cespedes is coming back to the Bay Area, guys.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
What of Nick Punto?

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
Maybe add Byung-ho Park and Kenta Maeda to the list, I guess?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I did the thing.

All the pitchers are BoSox and all the bats are Giants. More or less.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I am, as always, cursed to select the correct answers through the power of number crunching.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I used a random number generator. Apparently the Reds are rebuilding their rotation with Greinke and Zimmermann, and the Brewers are getting Heyward and Price.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I actually tried to make educated guesses this time instead of picking via gimmick like last year so i will probably do way worse

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Half attempts at serious reasoning and half completely random guesses. Watch me completely tank on everything. Given that this isn't a bracket where we're limited to picking one result per team I feel like a more risk-averse strategy would be to pick 1-2 teams for each in need of infield, outfield and starting pitching and just load them all up. Yes, the Cubs will sign Price, Cueto and Grienke. Yes, the Giants will sign Heyward and Cespedes.

Also yes, I picked St. Louis to sign Grienke and Heyward. In my perfect world the Cards re-sign Heyward, pick up Grienke and then deal Lance Lynn for prospects. Spend some of that money from the TV deal, Mo.

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

This is fun, I thought about looking up needs for each team and which teams are rebuilding so will avoid any FAs and then I realized the more research I do the more I will be wrong.

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!
Il est impossible de s'asseoir!
My entries were based on rumours, random guessing, and voting with my heart :smith:

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Reformed Pissboy posted:

I am, as always, cursed to select the correct answers through the power of number crunching.

And as always, I steal your work and use it for my own purposes

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

*rolls dice*

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

V. confident in the Cleveland Indians signing a top 15 FA.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think I'll be able to repeat this year :(

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I don't like Kevlar's nightmare future where everyone stays where they are except the Cubs sign like six pitchers, plus Jason Heyward.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

*rolls dice*

lol the Astros are not signing Cespedes I guarantee it

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Xenophon posted:

And as always, I steal your work and use it for my own purposes

Oh, you'll need to make a new paste on codepad with that code if you want to reroll it for yourself. Unless you wanted to have exactly the same answers as me! Which is flattering, but not as much fun as you could be having imho

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pancakes posted:

I don't like Kevlar's nightmare future where everyone stays where they are except the Cubs sign like six pitchers, plus Jason Heyward.

I didn't pick mine to get them all right. I hedged my bets and made all the pitchers and centerfielders going to the Cubs since I know at least a couple will. :v:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
random number generator

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I didn't pick mine to get them all right. I hedged my bets and made all the pitchers and centerfielders going to the Cubs since I know at least a couple will. :v:

It'd be funnier if your ideal future had the Cubs rocking a billion-dollar 8-man rotation. Let me have this!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

mlbtr predicts the yankees will give heyward a 10/$200 contract.

uhhhhhhhhh

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/2015-16-top-50-mlb-free-agents-with-predictions.html

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Well, then I'll get one right at least.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Abel Wingnut posted:

uhhhhhhhhh

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/2015-16-top-50-mlb-free-agents-with-predictions.html

Angels have like 8 mid-rotation starters but might as well add IPK, after signing Cespedes and Murphy of course.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

zakharov posted:

Are you some kind of baseball wizard who thinks they know where all the free agents are going? Now's your chance to show off.

I have created a form featuring an assortment of the top FAs.

:siren: VOTE HERE

AND SEE RESULTS HERE:siren:

If there's anyone I mistakenly left off or you think should be on there, let me know.

Vote now and make sure everyone knows how smart you are!

FABULOUS PRIZE: I will make a donation to the charity of the winner's choice. :10bux:

I entered and will also donate to the winner's charity of choice as long as it's not a kickstarter for an MMO.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Heyward and Crush want to worship Satan. I can feel it. :devil:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I tried to submit different random answers so xenophon and I wouldn't collide and now I'm in the spreadsheet twice. can you please delete my first entry (with cespedes going to the yankees) :shobon:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Reformed Pissboy posted:

I tried to submit different random answers so xenophon and I wouldn't collide and now I'm in the spreadsheet twice. can you please delete my first entry (with cespedes going to the yankees) :shobon:

Sure, I'm feeling nice today

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Reformed Pissboy posted:

A lot of these make total sense

Abel Wingnut posted:

uhhhhhhhhh

The more galling prediction to me was Ian Desmond's because A. Ian Desmond should probably get a low one year deal and B. The Mets giving out a $80M contract

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 7, 2015

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

As always, this is 100% a crapshoot and hopefully I got at least 2 right.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Oh, you'll need to make a new paste on codepad with that code if you want to reroll it for yourself. Unless you wanted to have exactly the same answers as me! Which is flattering, but not as much fun as you could be having imho

Reformed Pissboy posted:

eep, didn't mean to cause this much trouble! sorry!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Intruder posted:

lol the Astros are not signing Cespedes I guarantee it

yes but I WANT them to

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

first day of free agency :toot:

please re-sign fowler and get greinke if you have to get one of the big names, jed, tia

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 7, 2015

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

PSA: The form will close as soon as one of the listed FAs signs. Get your picks in quickly, friends.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I have submitted my extremely educated picks; I am very smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I made a few educated guesses and then a bunch of completely random guesses. Hot stove season~

• Locked thread