Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I love dragonball super so far. But I do hope it gets (just a liitle bit) more serious.

Yeah, it's pretty good...but it's kinda weird when you think about when Goku almost dies in gravity room on the way to Namek...(I mean; that was some serious poo poo)...I hope we get something at least half that serious, but I'm happy with what we have =)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

hope we can get back to fighting aliens named after kitchen appliances

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

or maybe aliens named after small woodwind instruments?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

aliens named after the radish

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

more fights would be cool but I agree op

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hope you enjoy the sight of kid goku's dick you weirdo.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

he fought a god in space, not like in a spaceship just out there in fuckin space, that seems kinda serious imo

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

watch One Punch Man instead

the only good anime

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Is it in english yet? I'm not watching it in moonspeak.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Fonzarelli posted:

watch One Punch Man and jojos bizarre adventure instead

the only good anime

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

All animay is bad. Dragonball is not a animay because it good

Thx

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

that's fair but if we're gonna add more on then Gurren Lagann is the last and final good anime out there, including those two we have mentioned

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
from what wiki tells me it retells the story of a couple of movies and then moves into alternate univereses

BUT

it begins w gouku as a radish farmer

which probably overall is abetter show, shoulda stuck w that

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Are there senzu beans?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
who grows sensu beans? can i get in on that? it seems profitable

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Seems like everyone in the serious dragon ball thread likes it for its goofiness and slice of life poo poo. Don't tell them you prefer the serious rear end kicking or they'll ask you if you have ever watched dragon ball op

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Fonzarelli posted:

that's fair but if we're gonna add more on then Gurren Lagann is the last and final good anime out there, including those two we have mentioned
Ttgl certainly had its moments but i did kind of dislike the whole "we're only ironically pandering by doing the same kind of pandering stuff everyone else does" approach it took to certain things.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

some of the goofy parts are pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp2-Sk3zxj4

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I've watched Dragonball z, Guren lagan or whatever the gently caress its called and that show with the sentient slut clothing

THe first one is basically the best cartoon for kids and young adults ever made, the second one was mildly cool with an ending that made most of it worth it and the third one was garbageeeeeeee

well thanks for ur time

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Why does Goku have such a weird voice in the Japanese version? Its like if we got Gilbert Gottfried to do the voice of He-Man

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Why does Goku have such a weird voice in the Japanese version? Its like if we got Gilbert Gottfried to do the voice of He-Man

Thanks, now I want He-Man resurrected by Adult Swim/Howard Stern

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

I've watched Dragonball z, Guren lagan or whatever the gently caress its called and that show with the sentient slut clothing

THe first one is basically the best cartoon for kids and young adults ever made, the second one was mildly cool with an ending that made most of it worth it and the third one was garbageeeeeeee

well thanks for ur time

Yeah that third one that goons went crazy about was really lovely and I even watched like ten episodes out of sheer boredom. I mean if you wanna be inside a cartoons woman rear end and vagina for 50% of the show I'm sure it's good though

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I remember when i was a teenager and dragonball gt was still not out and I wanted it so bad but then i grew up and now I don't care anymore

This actually makes me sad a bit.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Young boy characters are often voiced by women in animated stuff and they kept the same voice actress from kid goku in dragonball in dbz. It sorta fits because even adult goku has that pure hearted childlike innocence and naivety but since i watched the dub growing up i never really felt like it fit when i did eventually hear the japanese version. It probably doesn't sound out of place if you grew up watching it in japanese though.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Was hoping this was going to say more gay, unfortunately no you disappointed us.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Son of Rodney posted:

I remember when i was a teenager and dragonball gt was still not out and I wanted it so bad but then i grew up and now I don't care anymore

This actually makes me sad a bit.

GT sucked it's okay.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I like One Piece

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

nomadologique posted:

who grows sensu beans? can i get in on that? it seems profitable

that talking cat has a monopoly

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Phobic Nest posted:

Are there senzu beans?

i don't think they used any yet cause they've had dende around to heal ppl

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There are so many questions

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Is vegeta tsundere? Because of this thread I downloaded a couple episodes to check it out for nostalgia and it hit me that vegeta basically was the male version of this particular stereotype, thinking back to toonami days there were plenty of dudes that fit the "I'm so bristly but a big loveable softy on the inside" mold but I never really heard the term applied to them, is it the same thing or is there a different word for it when it's a dude?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Why does goku care if people knows he can fly

Why does he steal that tractor

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
it's his god drat tractor,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Why does goku care if people knows he can fly

Why does he steal that tractor

because the world believes mr satan is the hero who defended them from cell and majin buu and his entire career and image and income is based on that

mr satan is also family to goku now since gokus son married and had a kid with satan's daughter

also its his tractor since chi chi tries to get him to be a farmer and work hard to support their grandkid instead of being a fighter bum

• Locked thread