Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

tranime scholar posted:

like that makes me any less mad. that we have a top 10 defense and literally the worst offense in FBS. and i don't care about the divisional titles. we suck now and that's all that matters. i'm not going to notre dame this poo poo and say our putrid performance is ok because We Were Good That One Time

:: Pinkel pulls away rubber face mask... and it's actually Will Muschamp!::

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes

Thoguh posted:

Ahem. Transitive property is real and 100% reliable and tells us that ISU will beat Oklahoma on Saturday for the first time since 1990.
Sweet. Houston is better than Bama!

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

LLCoolJD posted:

:: Pinkel pulls away rubber face mask... and it's actually Will Muschamp!::

possibly the only thing that mizzou isn't doing wrong right now is friendly fire blocking. please do not give us any ideas.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i really want our OC fired but i know they'd hire schotty away from georgia or something else monumentally retarded. death is certain

opt
Oct 10, 2007

tranime scholar posted:

i really want our OC fired but i know they'd hire schotty away from georgia or something else monumentally retarded. death is certain

nah pinkel would just promote our o line coach

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

opt posted:

nah pinkel would just promote our o line coach

this is like the worst thing i can possibly think of, so yes, you are correct

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
big time holding

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech vs Mizzou would be an interesting game. Really bad defense vs really bad offense and vice versa.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

Tech vs Mizzou would be an interesting game. Really bad defense vs really bad offense and vice versa.

Peak Big XII stereotype vs. peak SEC stereotype.

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Mizzou has a top 25 defense by the end of the season. This isn't a top 10 defense.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mizzou is real bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMazueFRKMQ

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I See Miss St has already moved into Prevent

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

bushes posted:

Mizzou has a top 25 defense by the end of the season. This isn't a top 10 defense.

yes it is

opt
Oct 10, 2007
the ole speed option with a pocket passer

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

opt posted:

the ole speed option with a pocket passer

haha you've got to be making GBS threads me. so they try that now but not with mauk who was a pretty good runner. henson is either literally retarded or trolling. likely both

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Like in the SEC? Sure.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
It's good when the clanga bulldogs win at football

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
what our defense does is incredible considering that the offense sometimes doesn't even control the ball more than 20 minutes per game

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
like you can look at our defense and go 'feh, you call that impressive?? :smug:' if you really want to but there's not much more you can ask from a defensive squad that regularly has to spend 40+ minutes a game on the field

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Announcers abandoned talking about MsState/Missou game like 10 minutes ago.

I mean a DPI call causes 1st and goal and MSU holds them and it was kind of impressive but you wouldn't even know an actual game was going on if you were just listening to it.

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

tranime scholar posted:

like you can look at our defense and go 'feh, you call that impressive?? :smug:' if you really want to but there's not much more you can ask from a defensive squad that regularly has to spend 40+ minutes a game on the field
The time of possession in Mizzou's games have been pretty even this year minus the Florida and Georgia game. Plus it's easy to say "TOP 10 Defense!" when you're playing bottom 50% percentile offenses (again minus Florida and now Miss St.)

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

bushes posted:

The time of possession in Mizzou's games have been pretty even this year minus the Florida and Georgia game. Plus it's easy to say "TOP 10 Defense!" when you're playing bottom 50% percentile offenses (again minus Florida and now Miss St.)

you do realize i can say the exact same thing about your offense right

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

tranime scholar posted:

you do realize i can say the exact same thing about your offense right
I haven't been making claims about Houston's offense though? But hey I think we kept Vandy scoreless. Did you?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

bushes posted:

I haven't been making claims about Houston's offense though? But hey I think we kept Vandy scoreless. Did you?

assumed you were a miss state fan but whatever. thanks for being a dick though

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Quandary posted:

FYI Oklahoma beat KState 55-0 so, while transitivity is definitely not a thing in CFB, I feel slightly less terrified about next week

I don't understand how this happened while K-State gave the undefeated teams a run for their money.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zoran posted:

I don't understand how this happened while K-State gave the undefeated teams a run for their money.

I don't want to get too 'PURE WILLPOWER' up in here because that's magical thinking, but given that KSU was coming off of a pair of heartbreaking losses in games they weren't expecting to compete in while OU had just gotten embarassed by a presumably inferior team, I do think it's fair to consider the possibility that there was a big difference in the two teams' focus levels. Add in a fast start by OU and the fact that KSU's general gameplan is almost impossible to make work when you get down big early, and you have a recipe for a runaway.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Dameon Baber is going to have a really good career

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
that was some insanely stupid poo poo there. targeting in the closing minutes of a game that you're winning by 14 points

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

SpiritualDeath posted:

Dameon Baber is going to have a really good career
...and now he committed a late hit within the 15 :doh:

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

at least Fresno is killing themselves even harder

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

SpiritualDeath posted:

...and now he committed a late hit within the 15 :doh:
...and redemption.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

SpiritualDeath posted:

...and redemption.
There is no way to stop this madness.

and Jackson gets the run to put the game away.

So, not putting too much stock into beating a 2-win team, but we lost to an under-.500 Fresno last year and have given Wyoming their only win this year--6 wins is a possibility?

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 6, 2015

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
nevada twisting the knife

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylor bitch worst defense in the country qb cant run so run game breaks down oakman is oafman getting thousands of penalties billings still hurt from illegal wvu chance waz is almost below average aka the best defensive secondary player we have and is now hurt our team is poo poo (champs 2016)

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

anne frank fanfic posted:

Baylor bitch worst defense in the country qb cant run so run game breaks down oakman is oafman getting thousands of penalties billings still hurt from illegal wvu chance waz is almost below average aka the best defensive secondary player we have and is now hurt our team is poo poo (champs 2016)

Wow your Markov chain bot is really coming along.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

anne frank fanfic posted:

Is Billings out for the whole season?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm not good with NCAA stuff because I don't have time to follow all the schools, but I have a question and I guess this is a good place to ask it:

Are either one of the Berry brothers half as good as Eric was in college? Do they have NFL futures? Or are they far enough along in their college careers to tell?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thoguh posted:

Is Billings out for the whole season?

I'm pretty sure he played for most of this game, but he clearly wasn't a hundred percent throughout. We were getting no push in the middle, and he usually gives us a lot no matter who he's lined up against. There's been some grousing that he got his ankle tweaked again early in the game. We'll see how serious it is.

I'm more concerned about Chance Waz. Had a nasty looking helmet to helmet collision with one of his own men in a group tackle and missed the rest of the game. Doesn't help that I'm not high on his backup at all.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'm not good with NCAA stuff because I don't have time to follow all the schools, but I have a question and I guess this is a good place to ask it:

Are either one of the Berry brothers half as good as Eric was in college? Do they have NFL futures? Or are they far enough along in their college careers to tell?

Evan will play in the NFL and Elliott is a little behind in development. Eric as a sophomore was dominant as a safety and either led the nation in interceptions or was close to it. Evan is 3rd this year in kickoff return yards, and 1st in kickoff return yard average (by almost 10 yards) and in kickoff return TDs. He's been a contributor at safety but has played in every game and played well - we started the season with a couple seniors at safety and Evan is a better raw talent than either of them. Elliott recorded his first tackle this season last week and I don't specifically remember it. I thought he was redshirting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
It still surprises me but I am more and more excited for every game every week. And every week seems like a bigger game than the last.

The Gators are so loving fun to watch this year and if McElwain doesn't get coach of the year (gently caress Harbaugh and Michigan), especially if we win tomorrow, I will forever think the award is rigged.

Go a Gata bitch.

• Locked thread