Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Gragni Redshield

The House of Redshield is the greatest banking house on the continent of Korellia. Gragni's father Magnus was the moneychanger for Prince Wilhelm of Svarbia, and he expanded his business until he was lending to many of the great princes of Svarbia. Gragni is Magnus's youngest son, and was sent by his father to open a branch of the house in the Kingdom of Talengard, the greatest of the kingdoms of Korellia.

Overcoming the discrimination against dwarves in Talengard, Gragni expanded the firm's influence in Talengard enough so that, by the time Magnus died, the Talengard branch of House Redshield became the dominant one, and, though he was Magnus's youngest son, he was, in many ways, the head of the family. Gragni is quick witted and sarcastic, often domineering and tyrannical, having, for instance, disowned his niece when she married against his will,, although he is devoted to his family and friends, and a generous man, contributing to many charities and civic improvements in Talengard.

So it was to Gragni's great surprise one morning when he stepped through his front door and found himself, not in Talengard's capital, but in a strange, new land. He was taken aback, but, while a lesser man might be dismayed, he was excited. Hadn't he gone to the nation of Talengard a stranger, and hadn't he overcome it? Why not do the same thing here? This was a new opportunity; a chance to start over and put the stamp of the House of Redshield in yet another land.

Mortal Qualities -

Finance [+4] Gragni is an expert in understanding money and opportunities for profit. He's a wizard with finance, a risktaker able to find opportunities for investment that usually pay off

Charisma [+2] Gragni is charming and a quick study of human (and elf, and dwarf, and orc) nature. He knows how to make arguments in an appealing way and shape them for his audience.

Divine Domain -

Fortune[+2] Gragni can influence his own luck and the luck of others, making them fortunate or unfortunate as he desires. Those he smiles upon find themselves succeeding in what they attempt, and random chance seems to go their way. Those he frowns upon, however, find themselves beset by all sorts of random obstacles.

Drawback - Stubborn [-2] Gragni is stubborn and proud He doesn't like being argued with or defied, and he'll do his best to get revenge on those who wrong him.

What do you want out of the game?: I want to win friends and influence people. I like a social game, and I also like the ability to make long term plans and see projects I create develop and advance, and to watch the way that players' actions influence the shaping of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Name
Zito. Zito Zori. Uncle Zori. ZZ the Clown. Take your pick.

Background
Folks were calling it the Great Depression. There’s was no work. Even less money. It was a tough time to be alive. But Zito had a ratag bunch of misfits and he figured they had just as much a right to eat as anyone else. He’d get them fed. He’d keep them alive. He’d keep them together. It’s who he was. It’s what he did. So his tents traveled across state lines and they performed in dusty streets and in back alleys and on rooftops and in empty fields. Anywhere there was a space to play and sad folks looking for a laugh.

Sometimes they had horses pulling their stuff. Sometimes they had to eat the horses and they traveled with the hobos on the rail lines. Sometimes they just carried it all on their backs. But they always put on a show. Lord, how they put on a show. Ain’t nothing like Zito Zori’s Big Top. Nope. Not mothing like it nowhere.

Mortal Qualities
The Show Must Go On (+6) - He was born to be a ringmaster, Zito was. Not everyone can say that. Not everyone is up for living the circus life at all. In any capacity. Sure, it’s a fun fantasy. Run away and join the circus and live a life of freedom and fun and all that poo poo. But it takes a special kind of person to actually do it. And it takes an even more special kind of person to make the magic come alive. You see, you’re not just running a business. You a performer, too. A leader. A father figure. Hell, you got all kinds of hats you got to wear.

One hat is for keeping a moody group of performers, misfits, outcasts, and outlaws all together under the same tent without killing each other or running off in search of better work.

One hat is for finding said moody group in the first place. Organizing them. Figuring out what they could do for you.

One hat is for cooking the books just enough to stay in the plus and make a profit and make everyone happy enough to stick around.

One hat is for being a performer.

And one hat is for keeping an eye out for the ridiculous circumstances of life and an awareness of how to bend it to your betterment. Find a barrel full of snakes? Get a guy to wrestle ‘em. Win a bear a poker game? Put it on a tricycle. End up with a runaway girl in need of a home stowing herself away on your train? Paint her skin all the colors of the rainbow and say she was tattooed by cannibals.

It don’t matter much what’s going on inside the tent or in the world outside of it. The show must go on.

Divine Domain
Life (+2) - Zito dragged a circus caravan across the dry dirt during in a terrible time of economic depression. And he made it work. He’s a survivor. But, more importantly, he made other people survive, too. People who didn’t have a whole lot of options outside his tents. He turned those folks into something beautiful and creative and unique. Something that could bring smiles to children’s faces and a tinsy bit of joy into the blackened hearts of adults crushed by their era.

Drawback
Showman (-2) - Go big or go home but never go small. It’s all about the spectacle. Good folks paid a penny to get inside the tent tonight. Give ‘em something to write to they mama’s about.

What do you want out of this game?
Honestly, I’m applying here at the eleventh hour because I don’t know if I’m a good fit. It seems like everyone has made super serious, super dark characters. My character is not like that. He’s fun and maybe a little silly. But a good guy. I want to play someone who is a good guy. I know that nowadays clowns and circuses lend themselves more to the macabre than to excitement and wonderment but I want to focus more on the latter than the former. Things I think would be cool: hooking up with another player to do cool poo poo and creating a bizarre new society where circus acts get ritualized over generations. Maybe see how they evolve when exposed to this new and exciting environment. Orcs being covered in clown paint has a certain charm, I think. Personally, I’m a big fan of collaborative storytelling and exploration and developing fun characters and interesting ideas. Not so much straight up cutthroat PVP.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Alright, we've hit the deadline. No new apps will be accepted at this point. I'm going to go through and make picks.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Hah, I wasn't intending for Marko to be dark! Certainly he comes from a dark place, that's undeniable, but he's very upbeat and devil-may-care about the whole thing, and I was intending to play it that way as well.

That said, I wouldn't mind more of that as well! We happy people need to stick together.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Ok, it was a difficult decision. Difficult enough that I've decided to take 10 characters instead of 5 or 6.

So those who made the cut are:

I Am Communist - Princeps Adamas

HiKaizer - David Wells

Shardix - Aldeberan

MiltonSlavemaster - Talleyrand

The Lord of Hats - Theodore Beauregarde

JamezBfod - Kahuna

Theantro - Winston Smithers

Redeye Flight - Marko Krepostnoy

Shogeton - Bo Zhang

mcclay - The Count of Alisburg

Reserves: You two were a hairsbreadth away from getting picked, so if at any point any of my players drop I'll PM you and ask you if you're still interested.

pingcode - Khagan

TheCog - Azyr Hollow

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Gamethread is Up

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011
All good, have fun you guys!

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Hey, just an FYI. I'm going to be out of town without access to my desktop for most of next week. I'll try and work on stuff on my phone, but the update pace will probably slow significantly until next weekend.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Just wanted to say I am in, ended up in Chicago with limited internet access at game start. I'll be free tonight/some of tomorrow and will be home tomorrow night.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Just as a notice, you might have seen people earning new Qualities. This is a thing that can happen, if your character learns a new skill or goes through some other defining moment, I'll reward you with a mortal quality to reflect it, you might also see an existing quality change depending on the circumstances.

Later on, your characters will begin to gain additional Divine Domains, these will be based on your character's actions throughout the game. Now, generally I will be handing them out to you, but if you get one and strongly object to it, let me know and I'm happy to discuss alternatives.

Also, just as a general thing, if you're having trouble, or not having fun, or something's bothering you, definitely feel free to contact me on IRC or via PM and I'm happy to talk with you and figure out steps we can take to make the game more fun for you.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
MiltonSlavemasta, if you haven't posted by 12:01am EST on 12/7 you're getting the boot for flaking.

Generally I'll try and be understanding if RL stuff comes up, but please try and post at least once a week, two weeks without a post or an explanation and you're out of the game.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Not since smallgods classic have I come back to see so much post.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

JamezBfod posted:

Not since smallgods classic have I come back to see so much post.

A sign of the coming end of days surely!

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Alright, Milton, you're out for inactivity. That means I'm in the market for a new elven character.

I'll set an initial deadline of Friday, December 11th, but I reserve the right to pick sooner if something comes up that's a great fit. You can app non-elf related characters, but you will have a severe uphill climb.

Also, Pingcode since I did promise you a reserve slot and I really liked your character, if you're still interested I will let you in as well. I'd PM this to you, but apparently you don't have plat.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Scribe Kynä

The Forest Kingdom of Wrenwood was the foremost bastion of Elvish culture west of the Grey March. Circled by a living palisade of towering redwoods and protected by ancient magicks, little could threaten the elves that lived within, allowing for stability and advancement of the finer Arts. But even this testament to Elvish might lived in the shadow of the Ruins of Ciaróg; part of an ancient civilization that disappeared mysteriously some thousands of years ago, leaving behind only questions and fantastical relics. Ciaróg was one such city, though now only haunted stone towers and hidden chambers remain. What writing that survived identifies the people that lived there as 'Dytiscan', and what relics remain show an aptitude for magical mechanisms, often in the form of brass animals. Of particular importance in their mythology or ritual was the Scarab, and its image can be found in many places among the ruins of Ciaróg. Naturally, the scholars of Wrenwood believe these lost peoples to be elvish in nature, given their obviously superior abilities. In an effort to discover the secrets of their 'predecessors', Scribes from Wrenwood were regularly sent on field expeditions to Ciaróg in order to recover artifacts or excavate the ruins in search of answers.

Kynä was one such Scribe, dedicated to the task of unraveling the secrets of Ciaróg and the mystery of its inhabitants sudden and inexplicable disappearance. Unfortunately, the forest beyond the Gates of Wrenwood are dangerous even for an experienced wayfarer, and the Ruins more so. While on a field expedition to the part of the Ancient City known as "The Market", Kynä came into contact with some sort of poison, either by bite or sting or deceptive mushroom. Confused and feverish, Kynä wandered off into the dark corners of the ruined city, leaving behind his research party. Lost for nearly two whole moons, he was presumed dead until a different research team stumbled upon him, feverish, unconscious, and clutching a book while mumbling incoherently to himself. When the Healers finally managed to purge the toxin from his body, Kynä woke up... different. Touched in the head, as they say. He was still Kynä, but the prolonged fever had robbed him of some of his wit and graced him with strange, absurd thoughts.

Kynä was deemed no longer fit for his duties as a Scribe, prone to the occasional fevered rant and his new, insane theories regarding Ciaróg. The College of Arts allowed him a small office and all the parchment and ink he requested but little else, content to leave him to his ramblings and keep him away from the real scholars doing actual research. And so it went...

Description - Scribe Kynä is a tall, thin figure with sharp features and the angular face of his kin. He is dressed in flowing blue-violet longcoat, patched and well-worn, and is wearing a conical hat of the same material. His coat and his hat are adorned with the symbol of a Scarab done in brass, pried from the ruins and sewn into his robes. Also present is the interwoven seal of the Kingdom of Wrenwood and the College of Arts, Histories Department's crest.

Mortal Qualities
Field Researcher [+4] - Kynä was, and still is (despite protests), a Scribe in the Department of Ancient Histories at the College of Arts. Scholars of the Histories Department focused primarily on archaeology and anthropology of both lost elvish cultures, and those of the lesser races. Scribes were expected to be polyglots and able to decipher unknown languages on the fly. Like all those who held the position of Scribe, Kynä primary job was Field Research and Artefact Recovery. However, after his harrowing ordeal at the ruins, he has been relegated to desk work for the foreseeable future.

Rune Magic [+2] - The magic of Written Words and Symbols is one of the first things a Scribe learns. Called "the Art", it was considered obsolete and antiquated by more "modern" Elven Magicians, and on the whole had fallen out of everyday use. Before the Fever, Kynä was considered an accomplished practitioner of the Art. Ever since, Kynä cannot help but wonder if he's lost a step.

Divine Domain
Disease [+2] - Disease. Pestilence. Blight. Plague. What wiped out the peoples of Ciaróg was not some natural calamity or ancient war, but a virulent plague that swept over the lands and laid waste to all. Where, when, and how are lost to time, but traces of that same sickness still remains in Ciaróg, and has left its mark on Kynä.

Drawback
Feverish [-2] - Kynä never fully recovered from his time lost among the ruins of Ciaróg. Occasionally he relapses, and even the simplest task takes great effort.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 7, 2016

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

~M, Wealth Redistributor
Maybe the real friend we made along the way was treasure!

"Step right up, step right up! Who can resist the ~allure of the mystery box?? Guaranteed to not just contain a bunch of squirrel skulls and grass this time! Cures all ills, will astound and amaze! May or may not be worth your money. Supplies are limited buy yours today!"

M had a problem. This wasn't the same barrel she had hidden inside to escape the angry mob. It appeared to be some thatchwork thing. And whoa, she hadn't been this high up in a giant tree either. Time to assess the situation; "huh uh, hey there. Tall, blonde and underfed, you've noticed me, you speak Ungratin? no, <this work?>, *Maybe Outer Etrallian?*, [Low Wigwot?], any of this getting through? No, HOW ABOUT I SPEAK LOUDER. Hey hey hey no need to point that me, If you'll only-"

Initial meetings with the elves were somewhat strained, but M was nothing if not adaptable to new circumstances, and one pair of glue on ear-points later she was worming her way to the top of the granola-fed food chain.

Description - M is a tall, lithe, absurdly androgynous figure dressed in the most ostentatious clothes possible, with special attention paid to outrageous headwear. Species is as unclear as gender and therefore the elves haven't complained too much so far.

Mortal Qualities

[Gentle(wo)man Adventurer+4] - "Hah, challenge me, you fop? I've ground gnats bigger than you beneath my heel. That the best you got? Take THAT. Oh jeez, he's bleeding everywhere, okay okay, play it off as badass disinterest. That's what you get for messing with the bes-oh gods I'm gonna be sick." The art of wandering about, getting into trouble, getting out of trouble, and looking good the whole time. Its as much a lifestyle as a skill set, and while most would consider it a point of bad taste to have been run off at least three separate continents, M would point out having been run off three separate continents and not been caught yet. Always focus on the positive.

[Athlete and Acrobat+2] - The art of getting into places others don't want you to be or get out of places they want to keep you in. M is as skilled at violating physical security as she is fashion norms and good taste.

Divine Domain:
[Thievery +2] - If it involves convincing a dragon to invest its hoard calculating the number of suckers born per minute, or taking the kitchen sink along with her, M's new found powers are being put to extensive use. Its not even the having, its the getting. The things you already got will just slow you down when getting more.

Drawback:
[Impulsive - 2] - They said no one could steal it, what they meant was you COULD do it, but you really shouldn't have. M has bitten off more than she can chew more than once over the years. Heavily guarded treasures, cursed lodestones, shiny jewels that also happen to be an important detached organ from some kind of demonic monstrosity, etc. Sometimes the universe just doesn't appreciate style.

What I want out of the game: Rogue Trader stylin' meets the Merchant from Resident Evil 4. I want to run around and do classic trickster things and steal the sun, I am the moon, etc (Doesn't have to be specifically that, just that general theme), aid or belay other deities based on what's most amusing at the time but not in a dickish, annoying way.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 10, 2015

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Lleu Titansor of the Dunadi

The soft sound of flutes accompanied the procession as they made their way though the woods. What little moonlight that managed to penetrate the canopy did little to light the path, but Lleu wasn't troubled. She had walked this path a thousand times and would walk it a thousand more if the spirits were willing. The children following her were less assured, having been roused from their beds and dragged out to an unknown part of the forest in the dead of night. Some occasionally whispered questions to one another, but none could work up the courage to ask Lleu what was happening.

Eventually the path opened up to a clearing. The flutists trailed off as the children spread out behind Lleu. For a few minutes, or an eternity, nothing was said. The ceremony didn't call for quite this much drama, but the onlookers hidden in the trees had grown to love it when she added a bit of spice to an otherwise ordinary event.

Finally, after milking the moment for all its worth, the druidess gently motioned to the children. As they moved closer, Lleu broke the silence and said, "It is useful to be able to speak to the trees, is it not? But it is truly wondrous to be able to listen to them. Sit with me awhile and listen."

Slowly, music began to drift in with the wind. A haunting sound at first, it slowly coalesced into a familiar tune. The song that welcomed in the new year. As the children sat enraptured, more elves entered the glade. Some carried instruments of their own, to add a harmony to the melody. The rest began to trace out the steps they practiced year after year. It was the same dance their ancestors had performed when they wrested themselves free of the stars. It was the same dance their elders had performed when the humans had finally been pushed from the land.

"Go, join them." Lleu whispered. The children all rushed towards their families, happily sliding into the dance. Lleu herself stayed behind. It was not her place to dance with the others anymore. That did not mean she could not enjoy watching the happy smiles and feet of those not bound as she was. Soon she closed her eyes, allowing the music to wash over and carry her away into the next year. The others would not disturb her, at least not until the festivities were finished. And there was a great while still before the dawn.

Mortal Qualities
Druid [+2] - Spiritual leader, teacher, and seer. Lleu has instructed generation upon generation of Dunadi elves in the art of paying respect to the spirits that inhabit the trees and listening for the guidance they offer.

Flesh-Crafting [+2] - A rudimentary form of healing magic passed down more out of tradition than practicality. Used mainly in cleaning the flesh and fur from hunts and, in dire emergencies, grafting the skin, muscle, and bone of one to another.

Elven Grace [+2] - Every elf, from child to elder, is possessed of an alien beauty that few find easy to mar.

Divine Domain
Plants[+2] - The ability to manipulate and control vegetation as one wills.

Drawback
Misanthrope [-2] - Humans are greedy, vain, and wasteful creatures. Rarely are they worthy of regard, and never are they worthy of respect.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

"Nice hat."

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011
Heya! I'm still interested, yeah!

Reading the thread and... my god, the moment Khagan runs into Adamas there's going to be blood.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Pingcode posted:

Heya! I'm still interested, yeah!

Your first post is in the update I just posted. Enjoy the game.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Ok, I decided to go with Scribe Kynä posted by Rhjamiz for my pick. Thanks to everyone else who apped, this was a hard choice.

Rhjamiz you're intro is in the update I just posted.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Hey mcclay, one rank in PDQ is +2. Meaning your two ranks of damage are +4.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
gently caress

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Updates will be slow until this upcoming Monday, as I'll be visiting family and thus relegated to phone-posting.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Sorry for the long absence, Christmas has been taking up all my time.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Valhawk, we need to talk.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Hey McClay. I'm not sure I understand your action. Can you be a bit more specific about what powers your looking for from them?

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Oh. I was giving them some of my Change power. Thought it was good since it was the only Divine Power I used in the action. Sorry about that.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Shardix posted:

Aldebaran's new drawback: Ensorcelled -2

::eyepop::suspense:
Wow. This will be interesting to say the least!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

I am Communist posted:

::eyepop::suspense:
Wow. This will be interesting to say the least!

rip fishgod

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Get rekt mind-control nerds. Now you know what's coming your way. :smug:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
THE HIGH ARBITRATOR'S VERY BIG AND VERY OFFICIAL LIST OF EVERYTHING WORTH LISTING

Winston's retinue (currently at Iron City)
  • Throne-walker
  • 1 Essence Matrix
  • 20 Choir Personnel/Hierophants (have been Propaganda trained)
  • 4 Overwatch model ice golems (armed with iron Halberd and mace, weak spots and joints armoured with iron, have speakers and lenses)
  • 2 Hound model ice golems (armed with iron teeth and claws, have olfactory sensors, speakers and lenses)
  • 1 Marksman model wood golem (Armed with repeater crossbow and iron bolts, has sophisticated quartz optics, wind speed measuring devices and dextrous joints for good aim)
  • 1 Iron golem, standard
  • 10 Infiltrator model wood golems /w chameleon cloaks (armed with firestarters and ice razors, have lenses)
  • 1 Flyer, standard
  • 1 Spider model ice golem (has lens)

Snowend (Pop: 100ish)
  • SFSC under construction
  • 1 Essence Crucible /w Deacon
  • Judicator + Overwatch officers /w Overwatch HQ
  • Perimeter scouts /w speakers and lenses
  • Forgemaster + Fabricator cadre /w Forge (small)
  • 32 Ice golems, standard
  • 8 Overwatch model ice golems (armed with iron Halberd and mace, weak spots and joints armoured with iron, have speakers and lenses)
  • 2 Hound model ice golems (armed with iron teeth and claws, have olfactory sensors, speakers and lenses)
  • 1 Granite golem, standard

Truespring (Pop: A bit more than in Snowend)
  • Overwatch HQ under construction
    -Build orders after HQ:
    :siren:PRIORITY:siren: Convoy for old people
    1. Reward golems /w lens and speaker for the road workers
    2. Overwatch model ice golems (as many as possible whilst leaving enough iron for nro. 3)
    3. Snowplow golems, enough to service the road
  • Worker conversion barracks
  • Road construction Foreman
  • Hired road construction workers
  • Judicator (currently picking and training officers)
  • Golem workforce (modest)
  • Forgemaster + Fabricator cadre
  • Hotspring

Iron City (Pop: 300ish)
  • Iron mine, automated and golem staffed
  • Grand Forge, has undergone expansion for improved golemcraft, automated and golem staffed, integrated and optimized workforce
  • The Central Dominion Logistics Authority (~50 workers, largely automated, constructs 3 standard issue convoys every 10 days)
  • The Central Dominion Office of Communications (~50 workers, largely automated, constructs repeater antennae and sends peeps to plop them between settlements)
  • 300 Steel golems, soldier model (100 polearm, 200 repeater crossbow)

Other agents
  • 1 Panopticon agent with a cadre(agent havs speakers hidden in furs, and Wooden horse golem)
    - Currently attracting workers to come to Truespring
  • 5 Panopticon agents without cadres (agents have speakers hidden in furs, and Wooden horse golems)
    - Currently in iron town, spreading fear of Nomad threat and hope for a saviour
  • A lot of Panopticon agents doing mindtricks over the countryside (agents have speakers hidden in furs, and Wooden horse golems, as well as fliers to send back messages when a village has been readied for conversion)
  • 12 Standard Conversion Units
    - Dispersed to villages
  • Fleet of courier fliers to carry messages and mail

Resource gathering facilities
  • Granite and quartz quarry near Snowend /w Artifice empowered overseers, golem workers and convoy (poor quality, but improving)
    -Undergoing expansion
  • Sawmill near Snowend /w Artifice empowered overseers, golem workers and convoy (high quality)
  • Iron mine in Iron City, automated and golem staffed

Theantero fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 2, 2016

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Princeps Adamas Lord Aurelian

pre:
Mortal Qualities
Divine Body[+10] The third domain brings a few changes, mortal traits are being replaced with Divine Body[+10] to represent the continued change into a divine being. 
This new quality represents a new body, it is stronger, faster, hardier than a normal human form, and grants an inherent charisma. 
It also means there is no longer a need to eat or sleep, though he can if he wishes. 
One last thing of note, is that this new body is shaped by his mind/self-image influenced by his Domains. The only real requirement is to try and work in his domains.
***This new quality cannot be used in combination with his Domains, but can use it for mortal stuff. It’ll also act a preliminary health bar just like mortal qualities did, 
and he cannot take damage to his domains until this is at +0.

Divine Qualities:

Command [+2]: At its weakest it gets people to do exactly what he wants in the short term. (short being relative). It could be grown to not be so short termed or abandoned later.
Slavery [+2]
Souls   [+2]

Drawback:
I AM GOD [-2]: Anyone failing to show him the proper respect or deference will grate on his nerves and distract him or you can invoke it to have him freak out at said disrespect.

Inventory of interesting things:
None

Symbol of Unity, The Golden Eagle

A silver eagle had long been the symbol of his old kingdom and Aurelian was fond of the image. Powerful and above everything. Just like him. However, this symbol would be golden. 
Just like the golden age he would usher into this new world. Indeed when his soldiers and priests soon marched upon greater glories, this might be the banner they raised. 
Once his forces and holdings were large and powerful enough.

People:
12 Counts and Viscounts (Priests) formerly of Stiltplain
01 Duke's heart of the former Stiltplain.

Priests: Can wield Commands that are basically weaker versions of Aurelian's, though they sort of intuitively understand how to use the Golden Command effectively. 
They can also claim those who accept his dominion in their heart of hearts, though they must be in physical contact to do so.

Karl - High Priest of Truth

Powers are different, he can basically instantly see the most effective way to break a person at first glance, be that way magical or mundane. 
He can also issue Commands, but he cannot brand the souls of your slaves as the other priests can.
Karl had come a long way since Lord Aurelian had found him in that village long ago. 
Aurelian was glad to have saved Karl's life. 
The founding of this religion and running the priesthood and its priests fell to Karl among other duties. 
Its tenants of serving the greater good (Aurelian and hence, society) and that the only true freedom and bliss could come from their Lord and Master were the cornerstones of belief. 
Karl's other works with the people and chattle were very noteworthy as well. It was only fitting Karl be there when Aurelian took the throne.

Count Grenfield - First Senator

A priest, but an important one at this juncture. He would be the first senator in Aurelian's new order. 
Gone was the peevish young count and replaced was a more competent leader and city planner. 
The face of this former county to the "old empire". He would be instrumental in interacting with anyone from the soon to be replaced regime. 
He stood to gain much worldly power as well. A quick study with the proper motivation, another fine addition to Aurelian's staff. 

The Northman Mercenary Captain; Bjorn

Old Head of Elite Mercenary Group hired to protect and guide Lord Aurelian. Now they serve under Imperator Bran, the general of Aurelian's new Golden Legions. 
They will become officers and help train the men.

Imperator Bran - Promoted from Lord-Captain to General

Old Lord-Captain of the "Empire's Demesne Guard"
Though he had arrived with his men bereft of any arms or armor, Lord Aurelian was still pleased to see the Lord-Captain. 
They found some supplies and gear for them in short order, they had work to do.
 Following Bran's integration at the military training academy, Aurelian thought it would be fitting for the highly respected and decorated Bran to be promoted. 
Also for Bran to see to any promotions under his command as he took over training and worked with the Mercenary Captain and mercenaries to train Aurelian's future soldiers.

The Golden Legion

The golden legion wasn't large yet, training was ongoing. But Aurelian liked what he saw. 
These men were harder and better than any he had under any banner he'd ever served under or had under him. Aurelian could almost feel their capableness. A good feeling.  
They would be very impressive once their training was complete.

Places:
Size 1 county: Now Known as Drakonia: The Golden Empire

Working on Dukedom Area:

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 3, 2016

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kynä

Number of Cool Hats: 1

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, I've just had the worst two days ever.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I may drop. I haven't been feeling creative at all lately.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Despite my enthusiam for my foible I have been struggling to find my footing as well. You can always sit back for a little bit and see if you feel better. Pretty sure I have done it at least three times by now.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Edited my last post. Upon review it was pretty blah and did not fit Aldebaran's characterization very well. It is now slightly less blah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Gannet

Q: Who were you in your old world?
A: Gannet was a nobody in the old world - worse than a nobody, a pariah. She was meant to be a fisherwoman from a long line of fisherwomen of the Koblin tribe, procuring two metre long gargfish for their great goddess. She was meant to dive in with the rest of the hunters, sinking beneath the waters and spearing the fish with long needles made from the bones of their brethren. And she did, for a while.

But she never did anything the
right way. One day, she happened upon strange wreckage on the shores of her home island - unfamiliar boat, unfamiliar corpses. Unfamiliar tools. She examined these as she crunched the bones of the dead. Hooked spears of hard, shiny stone(?) and thick reams of widely woven cloth - filled with the bones of fish? She weighed them in her hands and thought as she never thought before. Hooks to hold the fish in place! Cloth to sweep through the water, to bind them! She leapt to her feet and sprinted to the hunting grounds, eager to show off her discoveries.

They were not well received. The hunt would continue in the approved way, rather than risk the goddess’ disapproval. Gannet was a laughingstock, again - so she took her tools and
showed them. Alone, she caught more fish than the rest of her hunting group, and that alone convinced the others to go with it. She took her tools and copied them, crudely at first, and gave them to the others. Each new day brought new improvements and more fish - and the priests grew fat and happy. Life was good.

They gathered the massive bounty of fish in the sacrificial pit, singing Gannet’s praises all the while. When the songs were done, it was time to hide. The goddess came that night, sinking from the sky on black-feathered wings, her four gleaming eyes flashing through the darkness. She lowered her beak towards the fish, sniffing carefully. She rose up to her full height, calling out with a fury that shook the trees. She scattered the fish with one massive talon, and took off, her raucous cries piercing Gannet’s heart with fear.

She didn’t resist as they dragged her from her hiding spot, wound her in her own nets and cast her out to sea. Without the goddess’ blessing, they were doomed - at least her death would be swift. She sank into the inky blackness and exhaled the last of her air.

quote:

Mortal Qualities
Aquatic Hunter [+2]: Gannet is at home in frigid waters, diving and swimming and hunting. She is knowledgeable about aquatic flora and fauna, at least in her world.
Reverse Engineering [+4]: Gannet would not consider herself creative, but she bears an unparalleled aptitude towards figuring out how things work and reconfiguring them for her own use. She hails from a primitive culture, and as such many things are new to her - but she learns, quickly, and often her attempts at copying end up being improvements over the original!

Divine Qualities:
Amelioration [+2]: As a mortal, Gannet was never satisfied that something just was - she had to know why that was so, and why it wasn’t something better - and there was always a ‘better’ it could be. Her growing divinity grants her the power to improve something or someone for a specific purpose - working her power on a sword would optimize the curvature or edge for a specific type of cut; on a man who wished to learn, an improved ability to comprehend or apply knowledge - or an extra set of eyes and parallel processing centres in the brain to read twice as fast!

Drawback:
Naively Optimistic [-2]: Even mortal, Gannet saw the world as a great and wonderous adventure. Try as they might, the rest of his tribe couldn’t beat it out of her - but they did take advantage of her enthusiasm. She is trusting to a fault, always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, and for all her intuitive cleverness possesses very few street smarts.

Q: What do you want out of the game? Give me an idea of what sort of gameplay experience you're looking for.
A: Learn about the land and interact with the other players, while expanding and growing as a character. Cast of the trappings of her old beliefs - or wrap themselves around her as she grows in divinity.

Q: What do you want your character to accomplish?
A: I want us Gannet to grow and change dramatically, and expect her to become something radically different. I'm hoping to expand her portfolio in unexpected and unusual ways. I don't plan or expect to be a driving force in the world; I want Gannet to be subversive to the divine powers and empowering to the people of the new world she found herself in.

Q: What sort of things do you enjoy?
A: Unexpected changes or mutations, helping others in unusual ways. Being betrayed and dealing with the consequences of naivety. Learning and exploring and discovering secrets.

• Locked thread