Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I will make a mans. No picture because I have not decided yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Edit: Scrapped, new app coming.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 18, 2015

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Edit: Nah.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 20, 2015

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Scribe Kynä

The Forest Kingdom of Wrenwood was the foremost bastion of Elvish culture west of the Grey March. Circled by a living palisade of towering redwoods and protected by ancient magicks, little could threaten the elves that lived within, allowing for stability and advancement of the finer Arts. But even this testament to Elvish might lived in the shadow of the Ruins of Ciaróg; part of an ancient civilization that disappeared mysteriously some thousands of years ago, leaving behind only questions and fantastical relics. Ciaróg was one such city, though now only haunted stone towers and hidden chambers remain. What writing that survived identifies the people that lived there as 'Dytiscan', and what relics remain show an aptitude for magical mechanisms, often in the form of brass animals. Of particular importance in their mythology or ritual was the Scarab, and its image can be found in many places among the ruins of Ciaróg. Naturally, the scholars of Wrenwood believe these lost peoples to be elvish in nature, given their obviously superior abilities. In an effort to discover the secrets of their 'predecessors', Scribes from Wrenwood were regularly sent on field expeditions to Ciaróg in order to recover artifacts or excavate the ruins in search of answers.

Kynä was one such Scribe, dedicated to the task of unraveling the secrets of Ciaróg and the mystery of its inhabitants sudden and inexplicable disappearance. Unfortunately, the forest beyond the Gates of Wrenwood are dangerous even for an experienced wayfarer, and the Ruins more so. While on a field expedition to the part of the Ancient City known as "The Market", Kynä came into contact with some sort of poison, either by bite or sting or deceptive mushroom. Confused and feverish, Kynä wandered off into the dark corners of the ruined city, leaving behind his research party. Lost for nearly two whole moons, he was presumed dead until a different research team stumbled upon him, feverish, unconscious, and clutching a book while mumbling incoherently to himself. When the Healers finally managed to purge the toxin from his body, Kynä woke up... different. Touched in the head, as they say. He was still Kynä, but the prolonged fever had robbed him of some of his wit and graced him with strange, absurd thoughts.

Kynä was deemed no longer fit for his duties as a Scribe, prone to the occasional fevered rant and his new, insane theories regarding Ciaróg. The College of Arts allowed him a small office and all the parchment and ink he requested but little else, content to leave him to his ramblings and keep him away from the real scholars doing actual research. And so it went...

Description - Scribe Kynä is a tall, thin figure with sharp features and the angular face of his kin. He is dressed in flowing blue-violet longcoat, patched and well-worn, and is wearing a conical hat of the same material. His coat and his hat are adorned with the symbol of a Scarab done in brass, pried from the ruins and sewn into his robes. Also present is the interwoven seal of the Kingdom of Wrenwood and the College of Arts, Histories Department's crest.

Mortal Qualities
Field Researcher [+4] - Kynä was, and still is (despite protests), a Scribe in the Department of Ancient Histories at the College of Arts. Scholars of the Histories Department focused primarily on archaeology and anthropology of both lost elvish cultures, and those of the lesser races. Scribes were expected to be polyglots and able to decipher unknown languages on the fly. Like all those who held the position of Scribe, Kynä primary job was Field Research and Artefact Recovery. However, after his harrowing ordeal at the ruins, he has been relegated to desk work for the foreseeable future.

Rune Magic [+2] - The magic of Written Words and Symbols is one of the first things a Scribe learns. Called "the Art", it was considered obsolete and antiquated by more "modern" Elven Magicians, and on the whole had fallen out of everyday use. Before the Fever, Kynä was considered an accomplished practitioner of the Art. Ever since, Kynä cannot help but wonder if he's lost a step.

Divine Domain
Disease [+2] - Disease. Pestilence. Blight. Plague. What wiped out the peoples of Ciaróg was not some natural calamity or ancient war, but a virulent plague that swept over the lands and laid waste to all. Where, when, and how are lost to time, but traces of that same sickness still remains in Ciaróg, and has left its mark on Kynä.

Drawback
Feverish [-2] - Kynä never fully recovered from his time lost among the ruins of Ciaróg. Occasionally he relapses, and even the simplest task takes great effort.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 7, 2016

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

"Nice hat."

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Get rekt mind-control nerds. Now you know what's coming your way. :smug:

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kynä

Number of Cool Hats: 1

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Basically Kynä right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1-GMVVrtAg

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Pros:
-Regular Updates
-Flexibility
-All-around excellent performance, especially considering this is your first go at running one of these clusterfucks.

Cons:
For me, and I know I've ranted about this at length before, there is only one Con, really, but it's multi-faceted. The NPCs. I'm going to quote Commie here, because it summed up my feelings on it pretty succinctly;

Commie posted:

Everyone is an incurable rear end in a top hat. No one is just a cool dude.
And maybe this hits me hardest because I am bound by the unbreakable chains of MORALITY, but there is no one I would want to give a high-five to and be like "Good job!"

I am certain you could feel my growing OOC animosity toward the majority of the elves as it bled over into apathy in-character. The only cool guy is the Baron, and that's basically because he hasn't hosed up yet.

The lack of NPCs I can actually like puts a damper on my enthusiasm for interacting with any of them. That's my biggest gripe.

______

That being said, Kynä is going to wake up refreshed and relaxed with a rekindled optimism, like when you're super angry or upset and you deal with it by taking a nap that turns into twelve hours of sleep. Meanwhile, I get to live my evil existence vicariously through Shardix/Alderbaraan, because I am totally willing to take credit for at least one-third of what his character has become. Maybe even half! I was the one who first suggested he drown people in a tsunami. I was the one who suggested he create a Siren (and look how well it turned out! :v:). I was the one who suggested chains to represent slavery for his god-fashion! I can't remember if I suggested fish-people, but I totally would have done it in his place, so I'll take it.

Basically what I am saying is, if you need thematically-appropriate evil advice, I am the guy to see.

Edit: OH, and I recall you looking at Jamez's resource system stuff for factiongame to make things more tangible? I have no idea what it is and didn't read it, but I'm down for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6JnYnA9Tzo

• Locked thread