Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Lord Minister Damien Maurice Talleyrand-Gantrithor - "Talleyrand" or, to the less intelligent races "The Tally Man"

Description - Talleyrand is a tall, slim, pale personage, typically dressed in the resplendent fineries of his home kingdom. He is fearsome and welcoming in equal measure, his narrow gaze equally likely to suggest boundless opportunity or certain ruination. Of course, he is an elf, though perhaps not the sort of elf one would find in this world.

Who were you in your old world? - Did the elves survive because of their inbred kings and queens? Their tiny military? Outdated and petty magics? No, at least, not according to Lord Minister Talleyrand. In his estimation, it was his diplomacy, economic development plans, and sophisticated trade agreements that kept the elves as a leading race even when their population and military strength dwindled. Thousands of years old, his political contacts, experience in various machinations, and economic aptitude kept Elven society viable. But now, in a new world, with his contacts and position gone, what will he do? What will his goal even be?

The other races viewed him as an arrogant calculator, schemer, exploiter. But, had their people been in the same position, and they equipped with the same capabilities, they would perhaps have done the same. But who can say? And that world, at least from Talleyrand's perspective, appears to be gone.

Mortal Qualities
Charisma +4 Unbelievably persuasive, The Tally Man seems to say what one was already thinking, suggest what one already wanted, propose a bargain that would certainly be in his opponent's favor; And yet, in the end, the other races have learned that all things seem to fall in the Tally Man's favor, regardless of what he appears to give up in exchange.
Talented Economist +2 Trade negotiations and economic development plans and related things were the basis of Talleyrand's old job as Prime Minister. His understanding of economics extends to the point where it is useful and beneficial to those who listen; At least, when that is his intention.

Divine Domain
Growth +2: What is the essence of life and the opposite of stagnation? What is it that makes existence itself vibrant and dynamic? What is it the elves sought to avert their fall? Growth is the domain of expansion, development, increase, and evolution; It is opposed to death, stagnation, and all forms of decrease and mitigation, but it must be applied carefully, as things can grow beyond even a God's control.

Drawback
That Characteristic Smugness We Know So Well -2: Talleyrand tends to believe he has all relevant information and is the one in control of the situation; Making this belief false is key to defeating or outwitting him.

What do you want out of the game? My favorite characters from past godgames tended to be the ones who were social yet disruptive, non-combative yet tended to complicate situations; The sneaky diplomats and lovable tricksters. Talleyrand will attempt to gain power and influence primarily through offering peaceful benefits and socialization. I want a big sandbox with a diverse array of mysteries and societies to interact with.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Just wanted to say I am in, ended up in Chicago with limited internet access at game start. I'll be free tonight/some of tomorrow and will be home tomorrow night.

• Locked thread