Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
"Ah, comrade! What are you doing, you should be at the party!"

"...Ah, those. Careful with them! They're all I have left, you know. Them and the others."

"Ah, and you thought I was joking when I said I came from another world! You should know better by now, comrade. Some things are not for joking. ...It is difficult to explain. Have I told this story?"

"Not so long ago, I was part of a great army, defending my homeland from a demonic invader. They saw us as no better than slaves, worthless. The feeling was mutual! So we fought. In our fields, in our forests, in our cities, we fought them. Though they were reduced to ruin--anything, to stop the invaders.

"I went to sleep, one night, in one set of ruins. And I woke up in another, one I had never seen before in my life. That was... chyort, ten miles from here? Ten miles and ten lifetimes... Anyway. I wandered around, completely lost, when I blundered into Ohchek over there. At that time, of course, he was leading his bandits, picking the bones of the caravan routes, and they think me just another hapless idiot with deep pockets. Started pointing swords at me and shouting in languages I'd never heard before, and understood perfectly."

"Ha! I was just as confused. So, of course, he has a sword, he's threatening me. I raise my gun and shoot him. No, I know you don't know what that is. It's in that box over there. As far as I can tell, it's in perfect condition. Doesn't work. Didn't work then, either! Neither did the grenades I threw at the bastards. They think I'm actually a threat at that point, of course, throwing metal rocks the size of apples, so they stop loving around. At that point I realize that nothing is working, and I'm going to die. So I decide to die singing--I started to sing the national anthem. Maybe it would intimidate them, or at least make for a good story."

"Well, no, of course not. As soon as I started singing they all stopped trying to kill me. By the time I'm done, some of the bastards are singing along! Hah hah... you know, the girls always told me I had a magical voice, but this was something else, no? So I sing my way into supper, and they start following me around and telling me where to go in exchange for my singing."

"It's wonderful! But I won't pretend I don't miss home. I'll find a way back, one day--that's how all the best bylinas end, with the hero returning to his homeland. But until then, I keep my home in my heart... and my photographs in my chest."

"So put the drat things back and get out to the party, eh?! We have a long way to go tomorrow, we may as well enjoy it now!"

= = =
Marko Krepostnoy

Mortal Qualities

A True Soviet! [+4]: Uniting all the world in brotherhood! Marko has an inborn knack for camraderie and finding common ground, and the experiences to sympathize with just about anyone. He can make a friend in minutes (or an enemy in one sentence) and has always loved talking to people, traveling, fighting injustice and seeking adventure--a true bogatyr!

Hardy Stock [+2]: They build soldiers tough in Soviet Russia. Militarily trained and raised as a farmer's son, Marko has plenty of muscle and stamina to go around, and while he's not that good with a sword, bayonet training means that he hasn't been completely robbed of his ability to stand fast in the face of his enemies!

Conscript [-2]: No matter which way you look at him, Marko is... unsophisticated. He stands out in a noble ballroom or on a military parade ground like a donkey, and his wit and tongue are as undisciplined as his fighting style. While commonsense-strong, he's also only mostly literate and largely unintelligent--though this is very different from stupid or slow. Some would say he would never be destined to rise above the ranks of the common worker... but destiny is a funny thing.

Divine Qualities

Music [+2]: Marko was always decent with the accordion, mediocre on the guitar, and exceptional when singing. Since appearing... wherever he is, however, his talents appear to be increasing. Songs become memorized as soon as they're heard, instruments become mastered in the span of a week, and the very sound of his voice or his playing is starting to have... interesting effects on anyone who can hear it, let alone understand it.

= = =

What do you want out of the game? An adventure! To write a great epic, to explore the land, to right wrongs and carve out a happy ending. If this means making stupid decisions to throw myself in harm's way for a good reason, bring it on! If it involves clashing with other gods, stroppy local governors, or hideous things from beyond the world, so be it! If it means I get my rear end kicked and have to beg for mercy along the way, that's fine too! All such things are part of the greatest tales. I don't have anything particularly in mind yet, I'll roll with the punches as dealt.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Hah, I wasn't intending for Marko to be dark! Certainly he comes from a dark place, that's undeniable, but he's very upbeat and devil-may-care about the whole thing, and I was intending to play it that way as well.

That said, I wouldn't mind more of that as well! We happy people need to stick together.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I may drop. I haven't been feeling creative at all lately.

• Locked thread