Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011

Khagan
Theme: Cirque Du Soleil - Pursuit

Silk-cloth robes. A headdress of feathers. Cloth strips tied with bells, to catch the wind as it passes. In the world I once knew, these were the trappings of a holy man. I was not a holy man, though I believed myself righteous, once. My crimes were too many to count, though none but the gods could see them to take account. But take account they did, and in the end, all the order, all the walls I had allowed myself to become complacent in did not protect me when traitorous hands used their abominable poisons to end the lives of my host and my khan.

But the creators are not without mercy. In my last moments I understood my error. Where I strayed from the road of righteousness. Men are not meant to live in shackles. To visit it upon yourself is reprehensible. To impose it on another, unforgivable. We are made to live under the open sky, without walls, without bounds. In my past life I was a great warrior, keshik to the khan of the fifth steppe. With me you will see freedom, true freedom, to live in the saddle under the open sky, and sow fear in those who would seek to enclose the world in wood and stone.

All are welcome in the host, as long as they are ready to renounce the trappings of false living, and live where would-be masters will fear to tread. The wind shall be our succor in peace and our ally in war. You shall hunt where we hunt, and you shall ride where we ride.

Mortal Qualities

Keshik Lord [+4]: The man now known only as the Khagan was once a great horse archer and lieutenant to a khan in his world, a world where the mounted hosts have overcome the walls and castles of their enemies. Once, he was part of a host that carved out an empire that spanned his world. In this one, he will carve out another.

A Leader By Example [+2]: The Khagan lived a time of idleness once. Now he burns with the fervor of one determined not to repeat his mistakes, and he leads by example. This makes him an inspiring presence among his followers both in times of quiet and upon the battlefield, for in him they see everything they wish they would be.

Live Behind No Walls [-2]: The complacency of civilization was the chain that the Khagan perceives as having led to his first downfall. He brooks no comfort to himself or to his followers, and his camps bear no fences. Captives are unknown, and those caught meet only death, exile, or freedom, as the khans see fit. Many call this unwise - but to the Khagan, this is the sacrifice that must be made.

Divine Qualities

Wind [+2]: In this world the Khagan has found he has won the favour of the Wind - wherever he goes, the wind flows to his advantage, and his horses are swift without equal. Arrows bury themselves between plates of armour, and his foes' arrows soar over his head, carried away on sudden drafts. Stone walls come apart under vicious tornadoes, and gentle winds betray the host's enemies to their sentries. It is this that the Khagan deems proof of his rightness, and it is this that turns him from a would-be warlord into a power capable of toppling kingdoms.

What do I want out of this game?: To carve out a chunk of the setting and change it, whether that's through conquest or more peaceful means. Though with this character, I guess it's conquest, haha. But yeah, mostly interested in having the chance to explore and create a big change in the setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011
All good, have fun you guys!

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011
Heya! I'm still interested, yeah!

Reading the thread and... my god, the moment Khagan runs into Adamas there's going to be blood.

• Locked thread