Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

The Count of Alisburg

The lands east of the Rhine burn with fire as the Holy Roman Empire dies. Fell magic smashes into vast formations of men as the Electors fight over who will lead the Germans, Austrian and Italians. Great beasts are loosed from their slumber to wreck havoc on the world. The Church itself writhes and tears itself apart from within as priests and bishops side with their local lord over Rome. During the darkest months of the war the Duke of Brandenburg led and assault on the city of Alisburg and the surrounding land, hoping to feed its people to his legion of undying constructs. In desperation the Count of Alisburg, a pious man who had delved too deeply into the mystic side of the Church, called upon any dark power that would listen to aid him. Something listened, something that had long dwelt in the misty forests of Germany, a horror that even the pagans had feared in the hoary old days of their control. He emerged from his chambers a changed man, eyes wild and deeply sunk. He requested strange ingredients: a blacksmith's forge, iron taken from old battlefields, virgin blood and bits of runestone from the old pagan ruins. Days later the Count emerged, sequestered within a strange suit of armor. With his might hammer he led the burghers of the city, striking day the moldering corpses of the Brandenburgian army. The enemy fled and Alisburg was free, the citizens holding many feasts and festivals in honor of their Count. However as the weeks passed a strange malaise fell over the city. Disease grew rampant, as did depression and the suicide resulting thereof. The poor became destitute and sickly while the rich became paranoid and reclusive. Eventually people fled the city in droves, seeking fortune in other, less blighted, places. Soon only the Count was left and in his isolation he opened up a door to another world with a ritual and left, leaving Alisburg abandoned.

Mortal Qualities
Esoteric Knowledge[+4]: The Count was deeply immersed in the occult before he donned his armor. Now he has great knoweldge of dark rituals, the names of demons, fell magic spells and other mystic things. Whether this will come to good use in this new land remains to be seen.

War-Hammer wielding[+2]: The great war-hammer the Count wields is caked with dried blood. Many have underestimated the skill and speed at which he can swing it, those many usually end up dying shortly after realizing their mistake.

Divine Domain
Change[+2]: The ritual that went into creating the armor imbued the Count with a spark of the divine. Because his shape is so changed the Count finds it easier to change the shape of others. This can be anything from adding gills to land breathing creature to twisting together many creatures to create a new race.

Drawback
Inscrutable[-2] : The Count is horrible, twisted thing encased in a baroque suit of armor. He is not the most personable being imaginable and many feel uncomfortable around him.

What do you want out of the game?
Been marathoning the Dying Venetus game and got into the mood for some mutation rum. Hoping to create some real Island of Dr. Moreau poo poo. Hoping to see the Count get his own stronghold and fill it with horrible monster that spread through the land and generally are a nuisance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
gently caress

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Sorry for the long absence, Christmas has been taking up all my time.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Oh. I was giving them some of my Change power. Thought it was good since it was the only Divine Power I used in the action. Sorry about that.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

I am Communist posted:

::eyepop::suspense:
Wow. This will be interesting to say the least!

rip fishgod

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, I've just had the worst two days ever.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

JamezBfod posted:

I take it I'm on the Western Edge-ish of the Orc Plains. What is with the territory West-NorthWest that isn't colored like the rest of the Plains but not under the human territorial boundaries?

Think thats the elves.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
I'm not going to be able to post much for the rest of this week due to travel.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
I'm going to have to echo a lot of the points made here. There were more than few times I got frustrated because I spent a long time working on something only to have it fail at every turn or turn out to not matter. The times when I did kick the beehive on purpose, see the Mages, was fun but that was mostly because I knew I was playing with fire. The whole Wavecrest thing was not fun because A) Everyone is a dick and B) every time I tried to unfuck things it just made it worse until I just said gently caress it. My other problem is that every leader guy I've met is a huge dick who immediately attacks me and thus makes me immediately any future guys out of paranoia. I know I've got the whole monster thing going on, but David was a loving demon and he got people to to talk to him a lot easier than me. Despite all this I have been having a lot of fun, even if my attention span sometimes fucks with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
I wouldn't mind every other day, makes it less stressful knowing that if you miss a day you aren't falling behind. I would also like a big info-dumb, makes sense since most of us are heavily established

• Locked thread