Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
I support this. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Q: Who were you in your old world?

Princeps Adamas Lord Aurelian

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I

"Adamas triumphant!" Shouted the messenger. The burgeoning kingdom of Cretus would expand again this day. The war had taken years, but peace would reign on the island nation once more. The negotiations breaking down before an agreement could be made wasn't usual. Adamas usually could charm anyone. But it was all over now as festivals took over the city.

An army of Adamas' finest sons marched ahead under the victory arches, with slaves from Gelt shambling in chains behind them. The procession was long and it was glorious. The people cheered, and the sun shone upon a leader destined for greatness. Empire. The rumors that the war was based on Adamas' insulting the foreigners was a faint whisper. The man riding before the assembled peoples was a titan among men. Tall, strong, and shrewd beyond measure. The embodiment of a great leader. The people showed their appreciation by throwing the petals of flowers and shouting their joy. The march wound its way around the city as Princeps Adamas waved, his strong visage an example to the people...

It was the dogs that started it. Adamas stopped the procession. His head cocked at an odd angle. "Kill. The. Dogs."

His soldiers looked at him in askance. "But great Dominus...they are our people we can't-"

"KILL THE DOGS!" He shouted. The soldiers moved to obey as the crowd shank back in terror. "NO NO NO!" The Princeps shouted pointing down the alleyway. "Kill the dogs..."

The strays barked in the alley amongst the garbage. "Kill all the dogs. I command it!" Something came over everyone. It was as if they themselves couldn't disobey. This had been happening often as of late, perhaps the madness was infectious. The orders passed to the men and throughout the city as all dogs were put to death. The fires burned brightly into the night, a few citizens had made a fuss about losing their dogs and had been put to the sword.

Later...
Adamas sat in his palace watching the fires burn.

Senator Cassius nudged his arm. Adamas sighed. "I know how this looks Cassius. I'm fine. Really." Adamas could feel the disapproval. "What? I negotiated the treaties with all the others, it was a slip. Nothing more." Cassius silently disapproved as Adamas tried to explain. "The dogs were plotting Cassius. I am a great man and have made enemies. Did not my stratagems reduce the Gelts into full flight in the Hills of Jetta? Did I not cow the Mentittes into bowing before us and giving tribute? Things were so clear in the old days. My head. My heart. Nay. I am not wrong..."

The Princeps looked into the night. His elite guard said nothing. Knowing his moods.

Cassius said nothing.

Adamas turned to look at Cassius. But he had clopped off to another section of the palace in disgust, whinnying in disapproval.

Reveal Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLegSgWi0cI

Description: Adamas is the ruler of his small kingdom of Cretus on the world of Chea, a dimension 5 times removed from The World. There is magic and monsters but they are rare and mostly whispered about and far from civilized lands. Seers and mystics of the gods of the elements are respected. It is a fool who ignores the gods. A man of the people, Adamas had humble beginnings. He distinguished himself in battle, eventually gaining enough support and promotions to general of multiple legions of men. A brilliant strategist and clever statesman, he garnered enough support in the senate to be elected ruler of Cretus in the absence of any heirs to the throne. Many years of shrewd diplomacy and battles saw the small kingdom soon grow to envelop the large island it occupied. After his gift made itself manifest to Adamas he had a stark rise in other kings surrendering to him even with the harshest of terms or joining the kingdom of Cretus. His word seemed to be enough to lay low even the greatest of enemies to his homeland.

Many thought he would be the leader of legend to bring them all to greatness, his "gift" (only known to him) for bringing his desires into fruition (his command)...came at a price.

His mind was sometimes not clear. Perhaps it was his twisting of fate of what was into what he desired. Maybe it was that very desire which warped perception and reduced his clarity. He usually could go many seasons without any issues, but who knew what the future might hold.

pre:
Mortal Qualities

Statesman          [+2]: Used for Negotiations, Treaties, charismatically getting what he wants.

General            [+4]: Used For when negotiations break down unfortunately. War. Conflict. Fights.

New:Psychological Manipulation[+2]

Divine Qualities:

Command            [+2]: At its weakest it gets people to do exactly what he wants in the short term. (short being relative). It could be grown to not be so short termed or abandoned later.
Slavery +2

Drawback:

Bouts of Madness   [-2]: This will be a fun drawback, possibly slightly detrimental at times. But that makes for a good drawback.
New: I AM GOD -2: Anyone failing to show him the proper respect or deference will grate on his nerves and distract him or you can invoke it to have him freak out at said disrespect.

Inventory of interesting things:
None

People:
priests: Can wield Commands that are basically weaker versions of Aurelian's, though they sort of intuitively understand how to use the Golden Command effectively. They can also claim those who accept his dominion in their heart of hearts, though they must be in physical contact to do so.

Karl: Powers are different, he can basically instantly see the most effective way to break a person at first glance, be that way magical or mundane. He can also issue Commands, but he cannot brand the souls of your slaves as the other priests can.

Places:
1 county

Q: What do you want out of the game? Give me an idea of what sort of gameplay experience you're looking for.
A: Interact with the different people and lands, some good roleplaying with cool bros.

Q: What do you want your character to accomplish?
A: He will likely try to carve out his own place in the world, bring people to know his magnificence and charms. A king definitely.

Q: What sort of things do you enjoy?
A: Playing to the theme and archetype of my character, interactions with others doing the same. Building a sandcastle in this sandbox, discovering adventures and mysteries.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 9, 2016

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
So is recruiting closed now or done at 11:59:59 US EST?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

JamezBfod posted:

Not since smallgods classic have I come back to see so much post.

A sign of the coming end of days surely!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Valhawk, we need to talk.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Shardix posted:

Aldebaran's new drawback: Ensorcelled -2

::eyepop::suspense:
Wow. This will be interesting to say the least!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Princeps Adamas Lord Aurelian

pre:
Mortal Qualities
Divine Body[+10] The third domain brings a few changes, mortal traits are being replaced with Divine Body[+10] to represent the continued change into a divine being. 
This new quality represents a new body, it is stronger, faster, hardier than a normal human form, and grants an inherent charisma. 
It also means there is no longer a need to eat or sleep, though he can if he wishes. 
One last thing of note, is that this new body is shaped by his mind/self-image influenced by his Domains. The only real requirement is to try and work in his domains.
***This new quality cannot be used in combination with his Domains, but can use it for mortal stuff. It’ll also act a preliminary health bar just like mortal qualities did, 
and he cannot take damage to his domains until this is at +0.

Divine Qualities:

Command [+2]: At its weakest it gets people to do exactly what he wants in the short term. (short being relative). It could be grown to not be so short termed or abandoned later.
Slavery [+2]
Souls   [+2]

Drawback:
I AM GOD [-2]: Anyone failing to show him the proper respect or deference will grate on his nerves and distract him or you can invoke it to have him freak out at said disrespect.

Inventory of interesting things:
None

Symbol of Unity, The Golden Eagle

A silver eagle had long been the symbol of his old kingdom and Aurelian was fond of the image. Powerful and above everything. Just like him. However, this symbol would be golden. 
Just like the golden age he would usher into this new world. Indeed when his soldiers and priests soon marched upon greater glories, this might be the banner they raised. 
Once his forces and holdings were large and powerful enough.

People:
12 Counts and Viscounts (Priests) formerly of Stiltplain
01 Duke's heart of the former Stiltplain.

Priests: Can wield Commands that are basically weaker versions of Aurelian's, though they sort of intuitively understand how to use the Golden Command effectively. 
They can also claim those who accept his dominion in their heart of hearts, though they must be in physical contact to do so.

Karl - High Priest of Truth

Powers are different, he can basically instantly see the most effective way to break a person at first glance, be that way magical or mundane. 
He can also issue Commands, but he cannot brand the souls of your slaves as the other priests can.
Karl had come a long way since Lord Aurelian had found him in that village long ago. 
Aurelian was glad to have saved Karl's life. 
The founding of this religion and running the priesthood and its priests fell to Karl among other duties. 
Its tenants of serving the greater good (Aurelian and hence, society) and that the only true freedom and bliss could come from their Lord and Master were the cornerstones of belief. 
Karl's other works with the people and chattle were very noteworthy as well. It was only fitting Karl be there when Aurelian took the throne.

Count Grenfield - First Senator

A priest, but an important one at this juncture. He would be the first senator in Aurelian's new order. 
Gone was the peevish young count and replaced was a more competent leader and city planner. 
The face of this former county to the "old empire". He would be instrumental in interacting with anyone from the soon to be replaced regime. 
He stood to gain much worldly power as well. A quick study with the proper motivation, another fine addition to Aurelian's staff. 

The Northman Mercenary Captain; Bjorn

Old Head of Elite Mercenary Group hired to protect and guide Lord Aurelian. Now they serve under Imperator Bran, the general of Aurelian's new Golden Legions. 
They will become officers and help train the men.

Imperator Bran - Promoted from Lord-Captain to General

Old Lord-Captain of the "Empire's Demesne Guard"
Though he had arrived with his men bereft of any arms or armor, Lord Aurelian was still pleased to see the Lord-Captain. 
They found some supplies and gear for them in short order, they had work to do.
 Following Bran's integration at the military training academy, Aurelian thought it would be fitting for the highly respected and decorated Bran to be promoted. 
Also for Bran to see to any promotions under his command as he took over training and worked with the Mercenary Captain and mercenaries to train Aurelian's future soldiers.

The Golden Legion

The golden legion wasn't large yet, training was ongoing. But Aurelian liked what he saw. 
These men were harder and better than any he had under any banner he'd ever served under or had under him. Aurelian could almost feel their capableness. A good feeling.  
They would be very impressive once their training was complete.

Places:
Size 1 county: Now Known as Drakonia: The Golden Empire

Working on Dukedom Area:

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 3, 2016

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
I'm out of pocket until probably late friday or early saturday. Phone posting from a "clinic".

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Pros:
  • Regular Updating
  • Flexibility
  • Communicative and Very willing to talk and work with the players even if you disagree and it goes the other way.

Cons:
  • My character doesn't feel unique. At all. I'll discuss the domain duplication/distribution in another point. My abilities aren't gimped for what they are but what I'm allowed or not allowed to do with them. Every character seems to be able to do what mine does by bending their domains. Mind control? check, modifying souls? check, fighting as well or better? check. Oh and command might work less effectively on some creatures/units. I'm assured I can do it better, but no one seems to be experiencing real hardship. So essentially everyone can do what I can do AND use their own domains.
  • I never know how good anything I have is / I can spend weeks of real time improving things and I get informed that something someone spent one turn on is better. This is more than aggravating and has made me want to quit more than once. It's agonizing and agravating. It's the main reason I've been grabbing everything in quantity because I get informed at every turn my dudes aren't good enough. Period. It's frustrating.
  • Worship is meaningless. Land is meaningless. Being told "I'm ahead of everyone else." Is a joke when 10 guys they made are worth 100 to 1000 of mine.
  • I never know when my domains will be meaningless. I can't use War +2 to make a sword becuase I will "be able to make nuclear weapons...." seriously. Give me some credit please. Souls +2 which should allow me to do awesome stuff has been lacking and is mostly worthless. Everyone can modify souls so why am I not able to do it more effectively. I gave up using it. I can't make my guys better only more skilled, which if you see the above means nothing. Now it's just a bonus on other mind control actions for controller men. Look at when I was trying to make magi. They sucked. Almost a real time week wasted. Pointless. Useless.
  • There is no adventure or anything special in the world. I wish I had never made a mind controller guy. No NPC I meet is special. No awesome ranger guys, no hero guys, no magical ninjas to recruit. I just wish this had been communicated up front. Recruiting a fallen paladin with a magical blacksword would have been cool, instead the PCs have to make stuff special.
    I wish I had known becuase all I can get is crap. All I can make is crap or a pale imitation of anything good.
  • Domain duplication. It's the same domains being handed out almost that you've played in other godgames or a variation on those. I understand why they happened, but to fix it there have been really random domains handed out. S ome of which are really good and makes me feel like with all the limitations I have on making anything remotely better leaves me with envy.
  • NPCs are incurable assholes. Everyone touched on this, no need to go further. I remember wanting to kill and burn everything until you would have to GM-kill me. Becuase there was no one and nothing to like.
  • Ignored actions or stuff dropped off or not mentioned as having happened without explanation. Actions that fail repeatedly with no clues or clues that are extremely cryptic that go on for infinite turns with no payoff.
    My last action or communication for the age should have been the baseline middle ages education thing. Which could have been communicated from Aurelian 3-4 ways. 2 of which are instant mental communication either through slaves or the mindspace while travelling. Guess my mark for the age will be waking up to the same not as good crap? I'll never know.
  • All of my points were always met with how "far ahead I am" and "Other players feel I favor you"
    Well I'll trade places with anyone of them and they can get told that no matter how far they go or what they make, it's not good enough. There's no reward for posting consistently and in fact it's almost punished or not rewarded it feels like.

This is how I feel and might not reflect what is actually happened. I'm not whining or trying to complain, I just want to know how I can know how well I am doing and exactly what, if any benefit my character gets for being my character. Because I can't see it and I know it's probably me not being able to see it?

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 2, 2016

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
I prefer the daily, because if an action is missed there won't be a 4 day delay in someone getting something accomplished due to communication issues.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The only thing I'd want an info dump on is my area, units, and projects.

As far as discovery, the stuff I don't know or my people don't would be fine to explore and discover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss