Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

I Love You! posted:

I mean, if you go the aforementioned Qazlal your base damage doesn't matter in the slightest since you can just kill everything on the screen by hitting a => c

:aaa: OgFi^Qaz sounds like a blast :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Tournament season is the best since the thread gets ogrerun with good comments

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

FulsomFrank posted:

(aside from how do you guys play online so much, it's so laggy and unresponsive compared to offline)
Try a different server. The main crawl site has quite a list now, instead of just directing everyone to CAO(which has always been the laggiest server for me). They also recently fixed a major bug causing webtiles games to lag more over time.

quote:

when you guys choose to rest and regen mana, are most people anal enough to run around and find a cleared out or relatively safe and escape filled area to do it OR do you guys prefer to just plop your asses down wherever and hit 5? I guess this question works for HP too.
Depends on the situation. If I think there are still monsters around, I'll back off and rest. If I think I got everything, I'll plop down where I ended the fight. Same goes for HP.

more like FAILdows get it
Nov 19, 2007

punch a friend in the butt

murtidash posted:

I Love You! and I have 4 more spots on our tournament team DrAk Lives Matter!.

Last year we got 37th place with some random goons (murtidash (captain), UncommonGray, eyebrow, gbuchold, meatpath, willcat) and we're hoping to break top 20 this tournament.

Those guys have preference if they want back in, other than that it will be first come first serve.

Let me know and I'll add you!

Current Team Members:
(Crawl Name) : (SA Name)
Murtidash : murtidash
Willcat : I Love You!

I'm still looking for a team so I'd like to join if you'll have me. Crawl name is dirtygrass.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

I Love You! posted:

Tournament season is the best since the thread gets ogrerun with good comments

It's also pretty much the only time I play anymore, which is good because it reminds me that as bad as I always was at this game, I'm even worse now that I'm out of practice :v:

murtidash
Apr 28, 2003
Rawr!
Welcome back and welcome aboard!

Current Team Members:
murtidash : murtidash
eyebrow : eyebrow
Pomale : dirtygrass
NuclearMonkee : Nuclearmonkee

1 spot left for DrAk Lives Matter!

murtidash fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 6, 2015

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Angry Diplomat posted:

It's also pretty much the only time I play anymore, which is good because it reminds me that as bad as I always was at this game, I'm even worse now that I'm out of practice :v:

It's a good way for me to eke out a win in the current version. Only missing 0.9 and 0.12 all the way back from 0.3!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pomale posted:

I'm still looking for a team so I'd like to join if you'll have me. Crawl name is dirtygrass.
Yea, Dee Ehm hasn't been on in three or so days it seems.

code:
Singularity Solidarity Society
1. Aethrus
2. Worldfamousw
3. UncommonGray
4. Mattybee
Reminder to Dee Ehm, ya' needs to update RC file and add dirtygrass (not now I guess?) and chukamok.

I also guess if they don't get on soonish, is there an Ogre team with a slot left?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Clans aren't locked in right away anyway, but there was talk of starting Maximum Ogredrive. It could be you! You could be captain!

Nov 19, 2007

murtidash posted:

Welcome back and welcome aboard!

Current Team Members:
Murtidash : murtidash
eyebrow : eyebrow
Pomale : dirtygrass
NuclearMonkee : Nuclearmonkee

1 spot left for DrAk Lives Matter!

Thanks! I added you as #TEAMCAPTAIN Murtidash, but the Clan page says you're named multidash. Let me know which one I should have in my rc.

World Famous Whore posted:

Yea, Dee Ehm hasn't been on in three or so days it seems.

code:
Singularity Solidarity Society
1. Aethrus
2. Worldfamousw
3. UncommonGray
4. Mattybee
Reminder to Dee Ehm, ya' needs to update RC file and add dirtygrass (not now I guess?) and chukamok.

I also guess if they don't get on soonish, is there an Ogre team with a slot left?

Yeah I got antsy. I'm sure he'll show up again and there's plenty of people who want to play in the tournament to fill those spots.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Is there some trick to not getting whittled down to poo poo in The Abyss? I was playing a Minotaur Fighter of Gozag with absurd defensive stats (55 AC, 24 EV, 35 SH) and over 200 hp on the fifth floor, guzzling potions like an alcoholic and burning wands like a chain smoker just to have more than 30 hp, no rune in sight. Eventually got blasted by a Hell Servitor because he out-damaged my available healing when I was really low, and instead of blinking away I decided to go for broke and haste + try to kill him.

Morgue: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Rhandor/morgue-Rhandor-20151106-180134.txt

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Don't go to Abyss 5

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Why were you on the 5th floor?

edit: You died with a crapload of consumables available to you, and you had 15 in Spellcasting and 18 in Charms but no charms aside from Haste. There are a lot of really useful low-level charms that would have helped you.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

jon joe posted:

Is there some trick to not getting whittled down to poo poo in The Abyss? I was playing a Minotaur Fighter of Gozag with absurd defensive stats (55 AC, 24 EV, 35 SH) and over 200 hp on the fifth floor, guzzling potions like an alcoholic and burning wands like a chain smoker just to have more than 30 hp, no rune in sight. Eventually got blasted by a Hell Servitor because he out-damaged my available healing when I was really low, and instead of blinking away I decided to go for broke and haste + try to kill him.

Morgue: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Rhandor/morgue-Rhandor-20151106-180134.txt

Regeneration, the spell maybe supplemented with an amulet, is usually enough for me to explore normally and stay at near-max. I almost never go past Abyss:3 though.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Aston posted:

Don't go to Abyss 5

Brannock posted:

Why were you on the 5th floor?

Thug Lessons posted:

I almost never go past Abyss:3 though.

Ah. I get it.

murtidash
Apr 28, 2003
Rawr!

Pomale posted:

Thanks! I added you as #TEAMCAPTAIN Murtidash, but the Clan page says you're named multidash. Let me know which one I should have in my rc.

It should be murtidash, fixing it on their side.

murtidash fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 6, 2015

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
That character is was more than diesel enough to handle 15 runes, you just have to be cognizant of how many consumables and resources you have at your disposal and to make sure that you start using them before you get into trouble.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Hell sentinels are a good creature to try walking away from if you can break line of fire. Your scroll of summoning might have been enough. Running is usually better than fighting in the abyss.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

quote:

B - a wand of teleportation (1)
p - 14 scrolls of teleportation
It takes longer for teleports to fire in the abyss, but they're very strong since whatever was killing you is unlikely to ever find you again. I would have used one the turn the Sentinel came into view, or at least once it was clearly kicking my rear end.

This is also why some people wear rings of teleportation in the abyss. You cover more ground from the random teles, and you don't particularly care about the fights or most of the loot you're getting pulled away from. E:Not unless you're playing an old version.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 6, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Wearing a tele ring in the abyss is a really good idea that I wish I'd thought of. Remove it once you see the exit/rune but yeah.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Wearing a tele ring in the abyss is a really good idea that I wish I'd thought of. Remove it once you see the exit/rune but yeah.

It doesn't work in the Abyss.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I thought it did, but I guess I missed this change. Nice for people who had the teleportitis mut, but lovely for everyone else.

They should probably just remove the *tele effect from rings of teleportation at this point, since it only matters if you wear-id a cursed one before you have any remove curse scrolls.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

We've got an hour left before the tournament kicks off, get ready to speed and feed.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is it #TEAMCAPTAIN name or # TEAMCAPTAIN name?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

# TEAMCAPTAIN <name>. When in doubt just copy it direct from the Clan section of the tournament page.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm glad that I didn't need to redo all my control macros for 0.17, I've had to do that before

Nov 19, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

# TEAMCAPTAIN <name>. When in doubt just copy it direct from the Clan section of the tournament page.

I actually have it as #TEAMCAPTAIN and it seems to work fine for me.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Team Edit-Nevermind Dead seems to have made it through the server update intact and ready to go:

code:
1. Wolfechu
2. floodkiller
3. shard1697
4. kold
5. toenail
6. wormsofcant
To celebrate, last night I got my first friggin' win since they fixed the damage bug last tournament. I was beginning to worry that was the only reason I ever did win...

Have fun guys, and I will see you either in an hour or two, or on Sunday, depending on whether trains have wifi nowadays.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why do I get this error message anytime I start up 0.17 and how do I fix it?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Stealth is really good in the Abyss

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
One slot left for team DrAK Lives Matter!

Join us in our quest to prove our point through violence~

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

time to start leaving ogre ghosts all on everyone's d:4!

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Thug Lessons posted:

I streamed during the last tournament and it was pretty successful until my mic inexplicably died halfway through, so I guess I'll do it again. Got the first 3-rune win last time so I'll be going for it again, especially since it ended up being a PB with an asterisk because of the melee bug.

http://www.twitch.tv/lessens

I'll post another link when the tournament actually starts.

I'm live and will be starting soon.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So the first Nemlex choice is MuWr.

Yeah no.

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

21rst Century Digital Boy
Anyone want a player who will get them 0 wins this tournament?
I'm SibleyIrresistible

Nov 19, 2007

Alright time to start things off with the tried and true MiFi in the name of DrAk Lives Matter! I'll let you guys know when I splat.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
So the tournament is now going, right? Even though they do not appear to have reset the tournament record page?

Nov 19, 2007

Pomale posted:

Alright time to start things off with the tried and true MiFi in the name of DrAk Lives Matter! I'll let you guys know when I splat.

I died instantly for the first time to Jessica.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lmao

first run, +4 ring of slaying on d:2 and level 3 black scales mutation by d:3
e:and then wave of death mut aay

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh