Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

so what you think thw twist is for this 25 man game? cult, arsonist, 2 scum teams?

The twist is that some of us are scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EXAKT Science posted:

scumslip

##vote Vimes

I don't see it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You are jumping on me saying some of the players in this game are scum as a slip.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EXAKT Science posted:

nopeyou're not gonna fool me again vimes

:( I am sorry for deceiving you last game but this time I am not scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yes but this time I am telling the truth.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tommunist posted:

so you were lying when you said you were scum

whats real and whats not sir sam vimes?? ?? ?

when was this

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

When did I say I was scum?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

us = the players in this game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

sam, whats your opinion on 10 months til legion?

Disappointed, but hoping that it won't take that long.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ok pal

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CCKeane posted:

I'm not reading the 71 posts I missed but I'm going to full claim because I can't even deal with my role:

I'm a consoler, I am a human being who provides comfort to another in a time of need.

YUP.

Y'all Australians are weird, go back to pacts to Hungary and producing action stars and governors.

What?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CCKeane posted:

You heard me, Sam, I am a consoler.

I am one who consoles.

In the same way that you were a spooky ghost in the Pearl game?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kommando posted:

look at this scrub talking about mafia meta.

cleverly hiding.

but Sam seems to be an odd role. since the game story puts us as console units themselves.

Keane is the one who claimed consoler.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is how I read it

f_v we don't want to hear about your fantasies.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wait are we secretly still playing Archerfia? Because I've just got into Archer Vice and it owns.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidnose posted:

I think that Bif dude is a good cuddle

##vote Bif

Why do you think that?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay is always weird though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

merk posted:

I forgot about this game.

This game didn't forget about you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Given that two different people accused me of scumslipping, pointing out that it was not in fact a scumslip is a fairly reasonable reaction imo.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bifauxnen posted:

Who was the second?

Tommunist.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

sure thing.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Podima posted:

The start of the whole 'scumslip' saga for those who are lazy. I don't love it but it's a decent backup. For now, ##vote merk till he resurfaces.

I'm a decent backup, yet you misrepresent the case entirely? The start of the actual case wasn't the "slip", it's how I responded to it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EXAKT Science posted:

Ugh this post stinks

I actually agree. Unlike the others, this post felt like someone making an excuse to be ready to lynch a town player instead of just being mistaken.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Podima, you haven't expressed any suspicion of merk this game and now despite considering me "a good backup" you vote him. What's up?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kat Delacour posted:

We still have like 24 hours of this poo poo don't we?

Can I ask the same question Auspol got asked, tell us about non-auspol mafia players. I do like the meta play because it puts potentially weird stuff into context, like people who go missing and lurking is a problem but then you're like Oh hey they have a baby or Oh hey they have a new job

merk takes a while to get going usually, but becomes a concerningly accurate scumhunter later on. imgay does nothing but shitpost. Kashuno looks scummy most of the time, regardless of his actual alignment.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Podima posted:

- I think Merk's absence/forgetting about the game when he tends to pride himself on his Mafia gameplay is notable.

Why didn't you mention this when you voted for him?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Birdstrike posted:

SSV did a similar thing in archer lylo which busb called out as a scumslip after the game. I didn't see it as a slip personally but I can see why it was brought up.

To be fair, I was scum in archerfia.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree with this vibe so far, but a lot could change when Anon shows up. Right now I think SSV is a good vote, MMG sounded kinda dodgy too. Bird would be my other main pick, although I was really hoping I could wait till the end of the day to say anything, cause he's been kinda salty lately about getting voted out way too early a lot, so I'm calibrated to think he tends to be townier than he appears.

What do you think of Podima as a lynch?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CCKeane posted:

Vimes is probably the most scummy but my sincere vote for day one is likely going to be on a lurker because gently caress those guys.

I will investigate Vimes or whoever because I'm a cop, I'm the cop the scum should kill me in order to neutralize my devastating power.

I am sure you will find the results adequate.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidnose posted:

14 pages!

I mean, I haven't read anything and freely admit that. What's your baaaaaag?

Why not?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CCKeane posted:

Wow, claiming vibes on the mod confirmed town power role, pretty shady business.

Mod confirmed where?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidnose posted:

I actually really dislike this reasoning. First of all, I haven't been contributing, I've been asking questions and kinda just hanging around. I still haven't read the thread, I haven't cased anyone, and to back away from me is really freaking strange, especially with this many words.

Furthermore, merk also came in with the same "I haven't read the thread" attitude, and although he's read a bit of it and has contributed far more than me, it's odd that EXAKT doesn't bring him up even as a point of comparison.

Everything surroudning this looks real fake. ##vote EXAKT

I think you just addressed the reason for the "oddness" yourself.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidnose posted:

What? What does this have to do with anything? I was talking about Merk. Why would EXAKT come in and dismiss his case on me as "he's contributing" when he has a direct comparison point to merk, who also said "I haven't read anything," and then actually DID contribute?

I don't see your point at all.

I meant that when comparing two people, one of which has contributed more, the one who hasn't comes off as scummier.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh I completely misunderstood, I thought you were attacking his initial reason for voting you. :downs:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That's not an actual command but here.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That just reminded me that I don't have a vote down. ##vote Podima

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I would rather see actual content from Ix.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kat Delacour posted:

There hasn't been anything I've really felt a strong reaction too. My gut says you, for what it's worth, but that's familiarity and contempt. I've never actually been good at this game I'm just good with excel.

The non-auspollers I can't read as they talk in more injokes than we do and I've never really figured the forensic linguist style of Mafia. It feels like justifications to push an agenda rather than actual data. I do projections on who people vote for, patterns, cracking the night action outcomes, and that never really gets going until d2. I don't trust my guts without SOME data for backup since the Mario game. It's not scummy, it's just not my position on the field.

This feels like a preemptive excuse and I don't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kat Delacour posted:

I'm phone posting you big dummy, I thought he was talking about the one I'd already read. Still haven't clicked it and def won't now if you've got some weird trackingbshit

##vote Kat

Self-voting is incredibly anti-town. Why are you doing that?

• Locked thread