Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is a signup post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Someone tell venom soag this game is going so i can ask him again what the hell a venom soag is, tia.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello I am preparing things to set up my new computer tomorrow and it is stressful! Also ##vote kashuno policy vote

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

has Kashuno even posted yet?

What part of a policy vote do you not understand?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Why is it a policy tho?

Mostly because I find it baffling that he plays in as many games simultaneously as he does, and he has a tendency to get into really dumb slap flights.

Hope you feel better soon, Kash! :toot:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Did I ever claim that it was a good policy lynch?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Actually, good idea. Don't want any people in other timezones starting a train off of one of my joke votes. ##unvote

CHOO CHOO ##vote MMG

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Auspol people: I've never played with any of you (I don't think) and I don't lurk-spectate any of your games. Please tell me one important thing I should be aware of about another Auspol person in this game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

So guys, doors Kashuno usually not like meta?

I yelled at Kash in a previous game for trying to rely too hard on meta reads, if that helps!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

The twist is that some of us are scum.

The start of the whole 'scumslip' saga for those who are lazy. I don't love it but it's a decent backup. For now, ##vote merk till he resurfaces.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I figured that the context of your actual response was a good starting point since you've made a point of complaining about how it's misrepresented.

Alternatively, I'm distracted while waiting for the last drat 5 gigs of Fallout to download. :negative: Shouldn't have bothered with the pip-boy edition...

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
To briefly and succinctly explain myself because it was a bad post:

- I think SSV's earlier post and reactions to people probing him over it were notable.
- I think Merk's absence/forgetting about the game when he tends to pride himself on his Mafia gameplay is notable.

I would vote for either of them. I phrased my post poorly by saying one thing and voting another.

Hopefully that makes more sense!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

We're in a day one slap fight, somebody is going to get voted off and we can all act smug or shocked at the results, depending in outcome.

From there we will further manufacture cases, ostensibly based on behavior during day one in light of the flip, but actually based on personal likes or dislikes.

dangerously meta

Anyways my vote is staying on Merk because he pulled the "I'll read this thread now" and then never returned, unless I missed a post somewhere. Would switch to any other lurker at this point.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
mafia edit: ^ahahaha I should have previewed

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So was that a voice-to-text goof or something, merk? ##unvote

merk posted:

I generally find it scummy to ask for players to do something and then never follow up on it. Did anyone respond?

i generally got a slew of 'lol meta reads are dumb' responses, though two people's replies were notable.

Chic Trombone me-too'd onto the request and then doubled down on it when Kash challenged him:

Chic Trombone posted:

I mean yeah they could lie, but we gotta start somewhere re: getting to know each other's metas

Birdstrike gave a solid effortpost and included his own scumtells, which I find to be a pretty townie move:

Birdstrike posted:

My hot takes on Auspol for the foreigners:

• Bifauxnen as either alignment will be highly analytical, also tends to get drawn into arguments which go nowhere with players not in this game. Takes a kind of spiteful tone when under pressure as scum.

• Hiip has earned honorary status by persisting through a couple of xenophobic policy lynches. Doesn't post much regardless of alignment but fun to have around.

• iajanus might not know how action tags work ;)

• Kat tends to be a combative town and more calm as scum.

• I don't think I've seen Kommando as scum, but he can be hard to understand.

• MMG is behaving similarly to D1 of my just finished game where he was town, which is why I'm not voting him

• thatbastardken might move around a lot and take some different positions. As town he won't worry about it, as scum he might paint himself into a corner.

• My scum tells that I recognise are hovering over a thread and not getting stuck in because I'm watching my words, and not interacting with scumbros.

bowmore and f_v I think you might have played with? Also f_v eats babies.

Chic has been mostly posting a lot about not playing and taking easy shots at people (poked me for voting merk when he/she already had a jokevote on merk), which I don't like.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

It clearly doesn't bother you that much, since you aren't putting a vote behind your scumread.

Would vote Podima, but still like MMG right now.

Maybe this is something I don't get about the ~SA Mafia Meta~ but is it really that important to slam a vote down with every post/read on d1? If so, then ##vote Chic Trombone to back up my read. Would also vote MMG.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy Jesus I go to shoot giant mole rats for a couple of hours and come back to this? I'm vanilla town. My posting has been garbage the last few days because I've been distracted with Fallout 4, and I'm not even a modern console that can play it. :( The dogpile on me is pretty impressive though, if I get cuddled please take a look at who bandwagoned onto it once things got going - specifically the people who went 'woops won't be here at deadline lol!'

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Kat, Pod, you should each write a poem. I will vote for the author of the worse poem.

A Poem In Four Letters:

F

A

R

T

~fin~

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also switching my vote to somewhere useful: ##vote Kat

Even if I got voted scarily high I think it's going to be useful information for town seeing who dogpiled.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

I'm here for another 15-20 minutes, Pretty happy with my vote where it is, but i'll give kat a quick read before i head out.

Why did you excuse yourself from participating as of a hour and a half ago if you were going to be here till 15-20 from now?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not going to self-hammer because that's terrible but I'm the NES. Blow me and maybe I'll work better! :bigtran:

There's still 36 minutes to deadline and enough votes to move to someone who's NOT town.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also this game has taught me that I am terrible at playing town. :negative:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh good lord please don't lynch me right before Soag joins the game, he seems hilarious to play with.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be AFK for the next 20 minutes but will be here at deadline. :shobon:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Soag posted:

people votin bif for lookign scummy thats good

people votign kat for begin angry and mental also promising

birdy being all snarky thats not good

has the guy whos getting lynched claimed beyond town

To reiterate: Vanilla Town, and I am the NES.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
See this is weird to me as a new player because I figured the scumtell for getting voted out was melting down and/or desperation, so I've been actively trying to be calm and straightforward - and that's apparently a standard scum response too? Mafia is the worst :negative:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Let's lunch Mmg ##vote mmg

Would move my vote, obviously.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Kat is at 6 votes and is more likely to actually get to 13 though?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Let's lunch Mmg ##vote mmg

Actually what the hell are you doing, this is the scummiest actual thing you've done all day - MMG has no votes right now so why would you move a vote to him with a few minutes left?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We have enough people here or lurking to move to Kat, who has not claimed a single drat thing thus far.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Reminder that Kat self-voted earlier.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Tomorrow, look at the pattern of people who voted me and when/what their justifications or lack thereof were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

• Locked thread