Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay, I'm in, I will try to not lurk too hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Can I get some weird post restriction like I only post in screenshots or something, cause I like totally forgot how to Mafia

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando posted:

gently caress it, I'll take aim at the usual suspects

##vote Bifauxnen

It's even in my predictive text.

##vote Kommando for always having this rote start, clearly gaming his meta to make sure he has a safe predictable way to blend in D1

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane is that consoler role for real, Anidav deserves some congratulations if he made that up instead of you cause it is very clever.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm printing out posts to read to it right now.

If the baby kicks you're in deep poo poo.

Hey speaking of Auspol babies, has Snapchat caved and reversed their lovely new policy yet, cause I miss sending Minifauxnen snaps out to peeps

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quit talking about the game in crew chat noobs

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

iajanus posted:

I am not aware of any new Snapchat policies; clearly this is a suspicious post (it can't be that I haven't been paying attention). Clearly a scum-move to confuse us.

They were claiming they get to keep full rights to use whatever images you snap however they want forever and ever.

Kommando should take a snap holding up a sign with his vote for me on it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

iajanus posted:

Wait

Who is my supervisor?

Oh cool, is there no godfather this game?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

This post I find strange as well.

iajanus appeared to be joking around by asking who was his supervisor. But perhaps, if he were scum, it may be amusing if he was not in fact joking, but instead genuinely confused as to who his "supervisor" was, due to the absence of a Godfather, traditionally known as the boss, or supervisor if you will, of the Mafia.

I acted as if I were taking his question at face value and engaged with it as if it were a scumslip, in a jocular fashion.

:thejoke:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##unvote

:buddy:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Birdstrike (2): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, MysticalMachineGun, Ixtlilton
Bifauxnen (2): Kommando, Quidnose

:hfive:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kat Delacour posted:

So far the only thing I think was that Birdstrike probably tried too hard to shade Bif's motives.

Huh, so that wasn't just me? I was waiting to see if my long-winded reply baited him further but he didn't bite.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Bifauxnen as either alignment will be highly analytical, also tends to get drawn into arguments which go nowhere with players not in this game. Takes a kind of spiteful tone when under pressure as scum.

That's where your Bifdar broke then, I can't be hosed doing much of any of that lately.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So guys, doors Kashuno usually not like meta?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Stupid phone ruining a good joke

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Did I miss the scumslip? I skimmed after 100 or so posts.

I'd already forgot about it cause it was way back on like page 3 and it totally wasn't a scumslip. But Exakt being all "whoah it's a scumslip" was a good joke at the time, that SSV seemed to take real serious.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

me still no likey likey likey likey

also :laffo: at Bif trying to bait me with her godfather theory, I'm birb not Beet.

Uh it wasn't a theory it was a joke

The bait was the overly long-winded joke explanation which would be a perfect time for someone opportunistic to swoop in all "gee Bif sounds weird"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Morning all, I'll ease off on the joke votes if that eases people's minds.

No way give us more

##vote MMG

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SirSamVimes posted:

Given that two different people accused me of scumslipping, pointing out that it was not in fact a scumslip is a fairly reasonable reaction imo.

Who was the second?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Uh... I'm phoneposting so quoting everything would be a pain in the rear end, but everyone just go re-read pages 3 and 4 while keeping in mind that SSV's defense is that allegedly a whole 2 people, including Tommunist, were on the case and that's why the weird response you guys.

(Note, the too-serious response is all in the span of like 2 minutes before Tommunist even chimed in, and when Tommunist did start getting involved, if anything they were continuing the joke in SSV's favor"

Best D1 thing to go on so far, I think.

##vote Vimes

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

bromplicated posted:

do you guys still want to mass claim?

Pretty scummy plan

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tommunist posted:

And AnonNarc doesn't respond, and hasn't said anything in the game at large.

This sort of drive by accusations along with the lurking/non-willingness to engage with me feels scummy

I agree with this vibe so far, but a lot could change when Anon shows up. Right now I think SSV is a good vote, MMG sounded kinda dodgy too. Bird would be my other main pick, although I was really hoping I could wait till the end of the day to say anything, cause he's been kinda salty lately about getting voted out way too early a lot, so I'm calibrated to think he tends to be townier than he appears.

Birdstrike posted:

SSV did a similar thing in archer lylo which busb called out as a scumslip after the game. I didn't see it as a slip personally but I can see why it was brought up.

I don't see it as a scumslip either! Nothing SSV has said is a "slip", it is just scummy-sounding reactions after the fact, this is not a complicated case dammit Birb

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SirSamVimes posted:

What do you think of Podima as a lynch?

I wouldn't bother opposing it, but I didn't have the same reaction others had to seeing his latest posts as scummy. More of a personal vibe I guess, to me it sounded like I sometimes get if I'm checking in trying to establish where I'm at and where votes could be moving. But I sound scummy a lot, so again, wouldn't bother trying to stop it cause its a fair D1 case as any.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Bif I'm interested in why I'm a vote option for you. Modding over the last week removed all my saltiness so I'm ready for it.

You just seem to be reading everything as weird that I see as totally fine, or vice versa. Kat saw it too when you tried mentioning my early godfather joke as strange.

I'm not sure if it's just having different tone settings, or actual scumminess though. I think SSV is a better vote for having those reactions in the first place. But the more you make posts like that where you still call it a scumslip, it seems like you could be trying to reframe and defend SSV rather than just not getting it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all. I still think the SSV case is at least as good as any of the other D1 suspects, but I'd be up for MMG or Podima or Quidnose instead. (Or some other lurker if things swing that way fast enough)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Great contribution.

Yeah I thought so. Was wondering if I should try and make up more than what I already said just to look busy but then I remembered I was town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

We like dry sarcasm in Australia, but I'm actually an American who migrated here's though so good news maybe you too can get the hang of it with time.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

No but seriously "I'm town so I don't have to try" is the worst loving excuse for lack of content I think I've ever heard

Uh that's not what I meant but ok

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I once made a spreadsheet to do RNG-based decisions on the tone, length, punctuation and frequency my posts just to gently caress with Gaspy :buddy:

(It was too much work to keep up for more than half a game, though)

Anyway,

##vote Podima

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Would also vote Bif for her Podima vote. She's said previously she doesn't really see the Pod case, but she'll vote along with it anyway. I dont see that as a town mindset. Why not try and push the people you think are scummier?

Seriously? How do you guys play with such long days and then still not want to move when it's deadline, as if you haven't had long enough to talk?

I havent pushed it cause the SSV case has already been discussed plenty, and a lot of that's already been done by me. I've also put forward Bird as kind of scummy based on his reaction to it. People don't agree, and there's enough plausible deniability that it's not a hill I wanna die on or anything, its not like I think for sure SSV has just got to be scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Maybe this is just a cultural thing auspol mafia compared to regular mafia, but we're still two hours from deadline. I'm used to the last 15-30 minutes being where the final votes move.

This is the case in Auspol too, but the shorter days give a lot more excuse. This game is also so huge needing 13 to lynch, it seems silly to sit around on someone with 2.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yessssssssss :getin:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

glad my S+ Rank soldjers imgay and kash are still here tho

##vote mmg

The fact that your reads agree a lot with mine makes me very nervous.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidnose posted:

I am an Ecco cop and was told one of Bif, bromp, and Kommando are not town.

Does that mean at least one, or one and only one? Do you know?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidnose posted:

It just lets me submit 3 names and then tells me if there is a NOT TOWN in there, so I guess at least?

Ah, okay. Not as good, but still good.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

ah so its not bromp then

MMG could still be bussing early, figuring it's gonna narrow down fast. Bite the bullet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

if bromp flips scum im not suddenly going to think mmg is town for theowing votes at him doubt anyone wouls

On the flip side though, I'm not going to go think bromp is town just cause scummy looking MMG voted for him right off. Not sure how serious you were about that though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

im saying bromp as the lurkiest is the easy vote so scum and toen alike are gonna funnel down there and it changes nothign

Yeah, true that. I'm sitting here wondering if my D1 dig at Kommando was actually good or not.

Were you looking at me as a serious option? What's your scumdar saying this time?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

on you? town

*eyebrow frantically twitches*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mettaton is not a console, in fact he is a skilled actor capable of great deception, not looking good with your breadcrumbs there Ixt :v:

• Locked thread