Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:greenangel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Yes, hello, it is I, the most handsome of all mafia players.

Hm.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Look, no matter how much you want it to be true, you were not on that flight with Buddy Holly.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey everybody I think Vimes is a scum for real

EXAKT Science posted:

The way that he responds to my joke vote comes off way more self-conscious than I would expect from town, especially as early in the game as my vote was.

##vote ssv

Imgay is weird too, feels forced with setup spec

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm sorry, your mom said no scat~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

imgay is always weird though.

Not like this imo

Hi ixt! I'm glad to hear you're doing well~~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

so who wants to talk shop with me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

I'll talk shop with you, Taste. When I get home from work in like 45 minutes. It'll be p. cool. Also somebody else asked me about cases or something. That'll be awright.

Sounds good!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm in the living room. I'm excited to see my hockey team play again tonight.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

That's cool, what's your team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGtZCJEaWv0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIcs_dkrNbg

quote:

Also, what's this shop you were talking about?

I guess it has to be gamestop to stay on theme

quote:

As for me I'm about to eat chicken tenders and drink a bunch of water because I have a headache. Tomorrow I'm going fishing though, so that'll be cool.

That ought to be nice. Lake Michigan, iirc?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So, of the three votes on the vote leader two of them are jokes?

I mean, it's D1

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can you show me the quotes where he took it really seriously? and how they are a scum reaction? Because I'm not seeing it.

you aren't gonna find a lock-tight scumslip d1 but I found the reaction strange too. I read the first 8 pages at once and came out of it with that most in mind

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Except that isn't Exakt's case. His case is on SSV's reaction, not on a supposed scum slip. What bit of his reaction stands out to you?

I know, I'm saying it's unrealistic to look for a clear scum tell this early. As for what stood out to me, it's starting here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750252&userid=139018#post452540272

It's a weird shift in tone relative to the discussion, and almost like he's trying to project being totally calm and collected about something that really wasn't a thing to begin with. It's just weird and I don't see town responding like that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol at everyone suddenly jumping on it at once

Not weird at all no sir

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So what is your opinion of the alignment of all those people?

Dumb or scum

It just seems like short attention spans, the post wasn't bad.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Meh, I'm not feeling these two.

I'd rather keep my vote resting or move it to imgay.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

imgay posted:

gently caress you eat poo poo taste
##vote taste

You'll be happy to hear she's willing to give it a shot now!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Suggesting a lurker lunch early is such a loving cop out. Suss!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quid's clearly lying sheesh.

##vote quid

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I had a vig that could be used day or night without announcing to thread. I could also roll a d10 to learn components of a player at a risk of disconnecting from the server. If I disconnect from the server, I can't use my vig the following day and will die "soon after" as I can't connect anymore.

Lmao

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:qq:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I had a vig that could be used day or night without announcing to thread. I could also roll a d10 to learn components of a player at a risk of disconnecting from the server. If I disconnect from the server, I can't use my vig the following day and will die "soon after" as I can't connect anymore.

I would vote kash for this nonsense tbh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dude got caught in a lie and claimed 3p come on

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"Hey that's not what happened"

"Oh.... Uh.... Yeah... I was wrong"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't buy kashuno's mess of a claim in the same way I didn't buy quid's. What's up k

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Imgay sticks out like a sore thumb to me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Venom Soag posted:

this is a bit omgus but i also agree

taste was pushin for quid kill beign super town and shuttign down all convo to the contrary

my picks are taste, mmg, flaming valerie

wait

are you actually pushing you being aggressively wrong and me correctly picking out a liar as a reason to consider me scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I wasn't really buying the Taste case till just now when he tried to sell how he "picked out" a liar. Wow. Much scumhunt.

the scenario was either a or b was lying, yeah?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

really the only specifics I remember about the lynch last night was a few going :qq: oh god how could you be so dumb to think quid is a good lynch :qq: and it being annoying

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hey, soag thought I was super towny :grin:

I guess I didn't really read that closely, I thought quid got caught in some 3p name lie and tried to backtrack cover

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

He was still a good lynch, but mostly everyone just looked at him and decided they could take a day off now for D2, which was also annoying.

nah, there were like 3 people in a row trying to take their ball and go home over it

fake edit I actually looked, it's soag kashuno and sorta kat I guess, maybe I was just annoyed at them ignoring the obvious falsification from quid

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

rather than rehash that, though, take a look at kashuno's claim again. it's laughably fake and I haven't really seen anyone comment

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Why is it laughably fake? Especially when it's something that can be confirmed or proven wrong with Bifauxnen, given that Kashuno appraently got a lot of info on what he is.

the only thing missing is an "I can also video myself climbing a ladder two steps at a time on a sunday to get a one shot weak doc"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ixt, do you have a pr this game? I meant to ask earlier but something is off with you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

He can confirm himself with Bifauxnen, unless they're both scum which would be stupid to so clearly tie yourself together in thread.

unless I'm misunderstanding what happened, that's not really the case?

like look to quid, it's not that he wasn't what he said he was on a base level, it's how he approached it and walked around the real nature of what he was

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

would you really be surprised that scum would have a role/flavorcop?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I need to read yesterday again I guess, I'm not good with the auspol schedule.

If we're going to try to get reads off of quid's lynch, however, I think we need to look at players posting as if quiddy was town/innocent 3p. That was the natural assumption for scum to make, and more towny credit with the flip, etc

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

look fam not falling for clear garbage isn't towny it's just not being stupid

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

This makes no sense. You can't read patterns off 3P, nobody knows poo poo what he was or wasn't, and he claimed to be a potential town recruit which would be detrimental to scum. He also could have named a scum by accident or design in his selected consoles win-con

scum know he isn't scum, yes?

so what's the natural progression? town vs 3P where subsets of 3p are anti-town vs null

so unless you're convinced that the player is in the anti-town subset, which is clearly going to be a small percentage chance, your benefit as scum is to try and reap town cred off of opposing the lynch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I suppose this ignores scum considering the existence of a second scumteam but that opens up so many avenues that it's not really productive to consider

• Locked thread