Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
##vote ixt

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

I liiiiiiiiiive!

not if I can help it

##vote Ixt

I've missed you Ixt. How have you been?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Sam I don't always fake claim, you know.

You know when you ask someone who can only tell lies if they are lying and they say "no"......

Well this is that in post form.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CCKeane posted:

I've literally never lied in a mafia game.

Is that because this is your first ever mafia game?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

imgay posted:

im sitting here naked watching kashuno

This is how I read it

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

f_v we don't want to hear about your fantasies.

sure you do

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CCKeane posted:

This is a good idea.

I'll do one for game room mafia folk:

EXAKT tends to have weaker cohesive narratives of action and thought as scum, but can be slippery. Applying pressure can force them to make definitive statements which may trip then up.

Also FV eats babies.

Only for breakfast.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So, of the three votes on the vote leader two of them are jokes?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

That's cool, what's your team? Also, what's this shop you were talking about?

As for me I'm about to eat chicken tenders and drink a bunch of water because I have a headache. Tomorrow I'm going fishing though, so that'll be cool.

Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier Ixt. Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Bif pretty much nailed it earlier. My initial vote based on the "scumslip" was a joke, and Vimes took it really seriously

Can you show me the quotes where he took it really seriously? and how they are a scum reaction? Because I'm not seeing it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I mean, it's D1

Sure, but I'm trying to figure out where to start reading, so I started with the vote leader only to find out it was a waste of time.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

you aren't gonna find a lock-tight scumslip d1 but I found the reaction strange too. I read the first 8 pages at once and came out of it with that most in mind

Except that isn't Exakt's case. His case is on SSV's reaction, not on a supposed scum slip. What bit of his reaction stands out to you?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Podima posted:

The start of the whole 'scumslip' saga for those who are lazy. I don't love it but it's a decent backup. For now, ##vote merk till he resurfaces.

It's a decent backup to what though? You make it sound like you have a better case that we could be focused on but then just vote a lurker.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Podima posted:

I figured that the context of your actual response was a good starting point since you've made a point of complaining about how it's misrepresented.

Alternatively, I'm distracted while waiting for the last drat 5 gigs of Fallout to download. :negative: Shouldn't have bothered with the pip-boy edition...

Do you have an opinion on the scumslip itself?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Lol at everyone suddenly jumping on it at once

Not weird at all no sir

So what is your opinion of the alignment of all those people?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kommando posted:

You people are strange.

"eh. I dont have any ideas today, maybe tomorrow. "

in auspol games that would get you murdered.

Is that a successful strategy in finding scum though?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kat Delacour posted:

Vale Data

##vote podima

##vote Kat

Combination of merk's points about Kat and a totally lazy, unexplained vote on the vote leader.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I once made a spreadsheet to do RNG-based decisions on the tone, length, punctuation and frequency my posts just to gently caress with Gaspy :buddy:

(It was too much work to keep up for more than half a game, though)

Anyway,

##vote Podima

Would also vote Bif for her Podima vote. She's said previously she doesn't really see the Pod case, but she'll vote along with it anyway. I dont see that as a town mindset. Why not try and push the people you think are scummier?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tommunist posted:

I'm gonna be out for deadline so:

##vote Podima

This is another of the drive-by votes on Podima that I think is scummy. Would vote for any of these three players.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

##vote Kat

The ~fin~ sells it.

Are you deliberately being awful Ixt?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

I saw that, :agreed:

I am also wondering about Chic's vote on Podima, I don't think she mentioned him before voting.

I thought Chic was ok, she had talked about Podima before and she's seems like she is really trying to find scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kat Delacour posted:

I'm phone posting you big dummy, I thought he was talking about the one I'd already read. Still haven't clicked it and def won't now if you've got some weird trackingbshit

##vote Kat

Why are you voting yourself?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Oh man I smell a split vote coming on

What is the point of this post?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

MysticalMachineGun posted:

A warning? Podima was vote leader and suddenly choo choo here comes the loving Kat train. A split vote and no lynch helps the scum just as much as a town lynch, so why not go for both?

Would you describe the votes on Podima as a vote train? How is that different to the votes coming in on Kat?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Seriously? How do you guys play with such long days and then still not want to move when it's deadline, as if you haven't had long enough to talk?

I havent pushed it cause the SSV case has already been discussed plenty, and a lot of that's already been done by me. I've also put forward Bird as kind of scummy based on his reaction to it. People don't agree, and there's enough plausible deniability that it's not a hill I wanna die on or anything, its not like I think for sure SSV has just got to be scum.

Maybe this is just a cultural thing auspol mafia compared to regular mafia, but we're still two hours from deadline. I'm used to the last 15-30 minutes being where the final votes move.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

And we still have no more information on the color coded spreadsheets.

Why are you voting for Podima?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Sorry, Kat.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

And yet here we are, with an OMGUS case.

This is a bit of an overreaction to someone saying they have a gut feel on you on D1.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Venom Soag posted:

im saying bromp as the lurkiest is the easy vote so scum and toen alike are gonna funnel down there and it changes nothign

I dont agree. I think the three of them are at least a good place to start discussion today. Lets see who supports/doesn't support who and when we get some flips that information becomes more useful.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I like bromplicated for this because I see it as we have a 1/3 chance of hitting scum if quid is to be believed, and if we miss and hit town, we didn't lose much because bromplicated is so far useless ##vote bromplicated

Kashuno posted:

That's a really early claim but I buy it ##unvote

This is really scummy. Kash wasn't committed to his vote in the first place -- he's already making excuses in that first post for if brom flips town -- and then he backs off it immediately.

##vote Kash

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

This is silly. It's not like bromplicated had much content to judge him on considering his lack of positing, it's literally based on quid and the path of least damage if it's wrong. I backed off because he claimed a JOAT and I am willing to accept that for the moment.

Why did you even bother to vote then?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Venom Soag posted:

these posts stink to me

Why?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Venom Soag posted:

trying too hard mate

making big deals and claims over tiny drops of piss

Its called playing mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Venom Soag posted:

yeah fair enough mate

lol

• Locked thread