Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Hi I'm at work still but I will be home later to rev up the spreadsheet

Get data mined bitches

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
So far the only thing I think was that Birdstrike probably tried too hard to shade Bif's motives. There are too many people in this game. Stop posting. The consoler role type is pretty mental too and worthy of further consideration.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Double Dare.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Physical challenge!

*straps on stackhat*

*prepares the jelly pit*

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
We still have like 24 hours of this poo poo don't we?

Can I ask the same question Auspol got asked, tell us about non-auspol mafia players. I do like the meta play because it puts potentially weird stuff into context, like people who go missing and lurking is a problem but then you're like Oh hey they have a baby or Oh hey they have a new job

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

EXAKT Science posted:

There are lots of people who have no been around or contributed much, like my good friend Quidnose.

I don't know if there is a meta friendship here but I want to draw an attention to why did Quidnose got namedropped and AnonymousNarcotics with significantly fewer posts got ignored.

The postcount server is hosed though so we're all probably making really haphazard attempts at pretending we know who is lurking anyway. Plus I don't think lurking D1 means anything.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I am fully lurking basically. Work and nothing to read into.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh sorry, I'm skimming cos I'm still at work.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't really feel like I have to respond to Merk because it looked like mafia madlibs posting but I am and have always been a poo poo D1 contributor because I prefer to crunch data and there is none. Please feel free to review my past performance as "That Crazy Lady With The Spreadsheet", I'm the reason it's such a huge joke in AusPol.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

Kat you could try responding to like, anything.

##vote Kat Delacour

I'm here on D1 and my spreadsheets are colour coded.

There hasn't been anything I've really felt a strong reaction too. My gut says you, for what it's worth, but that's familiarity and contempt. I've never actually been good at this game I'm just good with excel.

The non-auspollers I can't read as they talk in more injokes than we do and I've never really figured the forensic linguist style of Mafia. It feels like justifications to push an agenda rather than actual data. I do projections on who people vote for, patterns, cracking the night action outcomes, and that never really gets going until d2. I don't trust my guts without SOME data for backup since the Mario game. It's not scummy, it's just not my position on the field.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Also I have a girl's name and am a girl

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Also pre emptive able to post cos I'm in the server room looking for our Google contract aka on my phone listening to music out of sight

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It helps in Auspol because we do nothing but shitpost and fight but yes it's not perfect.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Vale Data

##vote podima

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

:drat: :rip: me

Kat can you read Podima (vote leader) and then maybe what do you think of this case?

:Mills shrug:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

This feels like a preemptive excuse and I don't like it.

It's not a preemptive excuse, it's an excuse for right now. D1. Where I have a blessed history of getting sussed for being bad.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
At least we know there is a regular auspoller on scum team cos they knew to get people to push me lol

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Chic Trombone posted:

P sure SSV was talking about the part where you say you can't read the non-AusPol players

Yes I know? Doesn't mean I won't be able to apply numbers reasoning on later days

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
You are making a
big mistake and if I die
Scum be lollin

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Whatever though I've got poo poo to do and I'll wait for the DR2 game. Auspol never learns either, I'm a scum Queen I suck as town.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Ixtlilton posted:

Kat didn't click a link in a post but responded like she had. Remember that.

I'm phone posting you big dummy, I thought he was talking about the one I'd already read. Still haven't clicked it and def won't now if you've got some weird trackingbshit

##vote Kat

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Lynch me this game is dumb and I'm not in the mood for fighting with assholes

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Kat Delacour posted:

At least we know there is a regular auspoller on scum team cos they knew to get people to push me lol

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##unvote

I feel less stroppy now.

I don't feel podima but never not lynch. I guess I could follow my guts to birdstrike and ixt but at the same time when people are against me it clouds my judgement into being against them. I feel a bit like the push on me was coordinated to get a reaction,like Beet fights

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##unvote

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'm consciously avoiding an omgus reaction you nitwit

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't have a case, that's been my message very consistently because I prefer reading data. I had a feeling early game about Birdstrike, which I posted, and now you're bandwagoning a trap he set on some lovely link.I'm also countering my own logic that I could be reacting to the wrong element but you're going out of your loving way now to misinterpret me

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

Sorry Kat I wasn't trying to set a trap or do any bullshit I was trying to link to an Exakt post but phoneposting foiled me. I'll just quote it here.

Yeah, I'd already read that one and remained unconvinced. Podima is easy because if he really is vanilla then our d1 poopchute vote at least hasn't taken out a power orole

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##vote podima in lieu of a better option because I maybe in/out over next hour but will try to check in closer to dl

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Venom Soag posted:

kept you waitign huh

So glad I'm still in it

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
25/3 = 6.25, less 1 survivor means there's plausibly a scum team of 5 completely unscathed.

I don't know that I would necessarily take Quid on face value that he's telling the truth but at the same time I think it's a ballsy move if he's lying. A gambit could buy you 3 days of goodwill to rush a lynch before people know they've been had, at which point it's end game. If the flavour trends Vig rather than a supplement mafia kill or even SK then we could potentially abbreviate that process, but that is making a lot of assumptions on the 2nd night kill motivations as well as the killer's capacity or motivations to follow suit. Plus mafia doctors or whatever. Sum feeling is that I think Ecco is probably a legit Anidav creation.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Dumb dumb, it was 25/4.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The only really good thing to come out of N1 is me getting to trust my judgement better - I questioned my gut reactions as coming from the wrong place, being based on feeling attacked rather than the other person feeling scummy, so I'm at least getting better as a player in that regard.

D1 voting is kind of a poo poo fight because scum didn't need to go out of their way to push an agenda because the two lead candidates are both town (YMMV, but I am town, so that's how it was). With respect to the Quidnose Ecco possibilities Bromp is the obvious candidate for not voting at all, Bif and Kommando both voted for each other at some point or another but they were also both scattering votes liberally. On reflection I think it is more likely Quidnose is telling the truth. I'm happy to go with consensus on who to vote for.

This exchange makes me want to go for either Kommando or Bromp first:

bromplicated posted:

Is there any chance all the scum could just come out of the woodwork and cop to their evil deeds?? I don't want to read too much, thanks.

Kommando posted:

You first.

I desperately want to say Not Bif but she tends to be an excellent undetectable scum player. Because of what I said about scum must have had an AusPol regular to tell them to push me into meltdown I would almost put that in the Bif column as I feel like I've done that to her a few times and she owes me one.

Actual guts posts, and bear in mind I spend most of my time questioning my own hunches because I'm poo poo without data backup

MMG came in close to deadline and commented on how quickly the train got going on me - this is actually the post that got me thinking last night. Because it's good karma but it doesn't impact scum status quo because town was fighting over which townie to lynch.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

A warning? Podima was vote leader and suddenly choo choo here comes the loving Kat train. A split vote and no lynch helps the scum just as much as a town lynch, so why not go for both?

That being said ... A split vote should be the concern on everyone's minds a few hours shy of lynch. Although, it was after I'd self voted so I don't a no-lynch was a genuine possibility. The votefinder that came out shortly after

Ditto this one from TT which reads like a classic ":ohdear: I've got a bad feeling about this" scum play so they can finger someone else's voting history.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Meh, I'm not feeling these two.

I'd rather keep my vote resting or move it to imgay.

That being said ... I said similar stuff about not feeling Pod.

MMG set and forget on Podima and TT voted for a go-nowhere candidate.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Sorry I brain dumped and jumped around the post badly

That being said ... A split vote should be the concern on everyone's minds a few hours shy of lynch. Although, it was after I'd self voted so I don't *think* a no-lynch was a genuine possibility. The votefinder that came out shortly after *showed that a number of actively posting players were on Podima still and a few people hadn't voted yet, so I don't think it was a forgone conclusion that moving votes to me meant no-lynch*

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Wait is venom gaspy or not I'm so confused

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Kommando isn't much of a team player. Just ask Mith.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
In-Joke subtitles: I went to my Mafia sheet to see what I had played with Kommando in the past and found/remembered the time he sold out his own Tragic Lover.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Didn't Bromp claim gameboy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

bromplicated posted:

I'm a Gameboy Advance, I have 2 powers that begin with L and R.

Oh rightio then.

• Locked thread