Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Starsfan posted:

I think they shouldn't be allowed to use slow motion or a zoomed in view. Watch the play in real time from a TV angle, and if you can tell it's offside than make the change. None of this half inch skate over the line bullshit.

Yeah I'm not convinced that NHL games are going to be better with NFL "every 16th of an inch counts" style super zoom super super slow mo reviews.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
LMAO that replay. A Leaf goal if there has ever been one.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Hawks are a wet paper bag, defensively. Getting Keith and Hossa back should help. Too many mental errors and a lack of aggressive backchecking. Empty net with six loving minutes left and a single goal to show for it.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

3 on 3 is not going to be kind to the Leafs. Best scenario is they win the faceoff and never let go of the puck for 5 minutes.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
gently caress off kronwall you cheating piece of poo poo, how was that not interference

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I don't even think 3v3 overtime can save this game.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Like seriously, Phaneuf and Polak should be stapled firmly to the bench.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

aejix posted:

gently caress off kronwall you cheating piece of poo poo, how was that not interference

Refs stopped calling obstruction on chip-ins like two seasons ago.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Detroit doesn't look very good. Are they always like this?

Theyll probably be better 3v3

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

:lol: Spaling-Hunwick against Zetterberg-Larkin. Keep those checking matchups, Babs, that's totally how 3 on 3 works

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Koopa Kid posted:

Refs stopped calling obstruction on chip-ins like two seasons ago.

remember when they announced that any player who left his feet (dove) for the purposes of trying to poke-check the puck would be assessed a tripping penalty whether he got the puck or not if he came into contact with an opposition player - whether they fell down or not?

they called that for like 2 weeks at the start of the 2014-15 season.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Holly poo poo that glove save was unreal

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yep this is a shitshow.

Starsfan posted:

remember when they announced that any player who left his feet (dove) for the purposes of trying to poke-check the puck would be assessed a tripping penalty whether he got the puck or not if he came into contact with an opposition player - whether they fell down or not?

they called that for like 2 weeks at the start of the 2014-15 season.

I had actually totally forgotten about that because yeah, not happening anymore.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Lmao Reimer.

This overtime is a poo poo show. lol

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Hahaha that "save" from reimer

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Bwahahaha who the gently caress was that defenseman that just walked the Leafs. That poo poo owned.

forward pass
Dec 9, 2005

Y'all get back now.
lol Kindl! What a lovely game.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

HAHAHA what the gently caress was that? Kindl literally just walked through the defenders.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Well that's over. Back again tomorrow!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

JVR/Gardiner abandonne

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Does the Avalanche broadcast always show DraftKings Fantasy Pts on their broadcast, or :stare:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Bwahahaha who the gently caress was that defenseman that just walked the Leafs. That poo poo owned.

Jakub Kindl! One of Babcock's least favorite Red Wings.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Koopa Kid posted:

Yep this is a shitshow.

I had actually totally forgotten about that because yeah, not happening anymore.

I think they sometimes come up with new rules and then everyone realizes they're terrible so the refs just stop calling them

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Gardiner literally stepped away from the puck carrier going straight at him, giving him a breakaway.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Koopa Kid posted:

HAHAHA what the gently caress was that? Kindl literally just walked through the defenders.

*looks at leafs defense*

is that supposed to be surprising?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

fits posted:

*looks at leafs defense*

is that supposed to be surprising?

Glass houses, bud

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Jakub Kindl! One of Babcock's least favorite Red Wings.

Well that owned. No one even tried to skate with him.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
KLEFBOM FIRING KLEFBOMBS

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

what an awful goal

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

That's about what I expected

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ugh you let that in Zatkoff.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Koopa Kid posted:

Glass houses, bud

takes a bad defense to know one :angel:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

Gardiner literally stepped away from the puck carrier going straight at him, giving him a breakaway.

Gardiner played that correctly, covering the pass. JVR, though. That was some serious abandonne.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Detroit wins yet another game in which they get completely outplayed. I guess we're the Avs of two years ago?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yep having that goal overturned is going to cause the Pens to mentally poo poo themselves and not even attempt to get back to tying/winning the game

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

radical proposal: limit potential offsides reviews to 10 seconds before the goal, because beyond that the offsides has literally no effect.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

"Symptoms may or may not be related to blood clot history"

Thank you for your excellent insight Root :thumbsup:

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

I love that our D are back to playing aggressively in the offensive zone and that they're pinching in again.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

:stare: that is not a good turnover :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Vincent Van Goat posted:

"Symptoms may or may not be related to blood clot history"

Thank you for your excellent insight Root :thumbsup:

that's how the press release was too. as lovely as root is, that's not on them

• Locked thread