Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Going to simplify things a bit this year with the whole email signup. Just spam all the info in your first email. I've made a bit of a manual spreadsheet template to print out to track everything better as a backup too. Highlighters and red pen for you tardy fuckers. Also google drive makes things a bit more mobile as well.

Important Dates:
Monday, November 23rd
- REGISTRATION CLOSED.

Friday, November 27th
- Pairings go out this weekend to allow three weeks for a gift to be mailed.

Wednesday, December 16
- Ship-by Date: Ideal ship-by date. PLEASE do everything you can to have your gift on its way on or before this day.

Monday, December 28th- PoniesAteMyBagel-Day (Deadbeat Cut Off): If you have not provided proof of shipping by this date, you will be considered a deadbeat.

Please copy and paste the following info into an email and send it to automotiveinsanity@gmail.com. All emails from previous years are purged, so don't expect me to have any previous info on you as that's creepy and weird.

Username:
UserID: (this can be found by clicking on your profile and copying the number string at the end of the url - http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=________)
Shipping Label Name: (what you want me to send your Santa for him to slap on the shipping label. Real names, fake names, etc)
Shipping Address: (please include all special info here for deliveries. Indicate if a signed delivery will be required for security reasons and I'll let your Santa know early)
Santee Shipping: Domestic/North America/International (pick one). I only set this as there are a handful of countries that usually get involved, and it mainly boils down to Canada/US/UK/Nordic Countries/Australia. If it says Domestic and I see you're in Australia, I'll get it.

Then, you make a post in this thread. In your post please have:
- Any specific requests.
- You may include an optional "do not send" list. Have enough T-shirts, maybe mention you'd prefer a neat little HF gadget/tool than another XL funny car guy t-shirt.

Proof of shipment rule
-No proof = you're a deadbeat. When you ship your gift, you must provide proof of shipment. Email automotiveinsanity@gmail.com the username of the person you're buying for and the tracking information. If anything goes pear shaped, at least we can figure out where.
-You must provide proof of shipment before Decemeber 28th or you will be considered a deadbeat Santa. Please put the tracking number in your email. If you do not have a tracking number, you must EMAIL me a photo/scan of the shipping receipt.
- If you hit any speed bumps, have any questions, or need anything at all you can post, email or PM me.

Accepted types of proof
- Tracking number from UPS, Fedex, USPS, Canada Post, whatever
- Photo or scanned image of your shipping receipt with your username written on it. Most receipts have the zip code of the recipient, so this is how I will check these.

Gift cost
Try and keep your gifts in the $10-20 range. Shipping usually tacks on another :10bux: if you're doing flat-rate USPS stuff. If you can't afford $20 plus shipping, please don't register.
- Please do not spend more than $30 on gifts for someone on the internet. Unless you're incredibly wealthy, have some sort of personal relationship with them, or it's loving hilarious and fills you with joy to send
- If you will be moving or travelling a lot during a gift time, please say so in your email and/or post so that I/your santa knows when and where is the best time to send your gift.

If you have ANY questions, concerns or anything you need at all. Please PM or email me!

AI:SS EMAIL = AutomotiveInsanity@gmail.com

I promise I'll be better this time :3:

Sockington fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

First in!

No specific request. It's better that way.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I've been waiting all year for this.

Email will be sent later.

No specfic requests, but car/motorcycle/beer/music stuff is always good :v:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
In like flynn. No rules, but my vehicles are all from the 60s and American, and my T-shirt size is L, if that is any help to anyone.

E: Oh yeah, also I'm an EE undergrad student, and like nerd poo poo/computery stuff too.

Raluek fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 9, 2015

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Email sent! Thanks for doing this again, Sock!

I wear large tall and extra large tall shirts. Normal large/XL usually end up as belly shirts on me after a few washes so that'd be a waste
I have a Jeep Comanche and a M715 project.
Posters and cool stuff to hang on the wall are good!
Also, I don't trust getting packages delivered to my apartment, so I gave my parents address so your gift doesn't get stolen. That said, please don't draw dicks on the box.

iForge fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 22, 2015

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

gently caress yeah, email sent. As for restrictions nothing that will get seized by customs or get the AFP sent after me, preferably no food (due to customs and coeliac disease). Don't really have any requests, but if it helps my shirt size is a long medium or a slim large and I spend most of my time on two wheels (either the bicycle or a klx 400). I also own a 1985 ct110 and 2010 focus mk2.5 but the postie isn't roadworthy and the car barely gets used.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Sent.

Not as active on the forums as I used to be, but still a frequent lurker.
Won't be upset about anything I get, but would like to avoid t-shirts, and I don't plan on sending one. I just bought my first new car, a 2015 Civic EX sedan 5MT, but will always love my gen 1 Forester (RIP) and will always be a Subaru fanboy.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Thanks Sock!

I wear a size small T-shirt. I'm a weirdo and one look at the cars I've owned will tell you this much.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Already in :)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Just post. Gimme someone who has strong opinions about BMWs.

Please don't send me a Dreamcast filled to the brim with mealworms.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I'm in!

E:
Medium tshirt, own a drz400. dirtbike, broken poo poo always welcome.

E2: Now with 100% more bus! :D

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 16, 2015

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Aw yiss. Email sent!

Are we not doing the elfster thing anymore?

I'm not hugely fussed on contents, 3XL shirt (though I would prefer not a shirt, I don't mind), like miscellaneous bits of widgetry (physical things you can fiddle with) - buttons, switches, that sort of crap.

In Australia, but have a US freight forwarding address that can be used. 2015 Fiesta ST (3-door), 2001 Subaru Legacy B4 Twin Turbo, 2004 Volvo XC70.

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 8, 2015

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

In like woah!

Any kind of audio/stereo-related stuff would be great, the weirder or sillier the better. Flashing LEDs and VU meters are rad. Doesn't have to be car-related as such, but crazy 2F2F poo poo is OK.

I drive a Peugeot 406 (and ride a drat pushbike since my Yamaha XT660 got stolen). I wear size L shirts (prefer polos to t-shirts, if applicable), probably size L jorts as well. Feel free to send any kind of weird car/motorcycle stuff too, and I'd absolutely love an RC car/plane piston+conrod or something similar for a keychain etc.

But really just go hog wild. (Nothing illegal or contagious or stuff that will get me put on a list, though)

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 7, 2015

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
In, as always. I'll send an email today.

Drive an 04 Honda fit and 2015 GMC 2500HD diesel. Don't wear T shirts. I do a lot of electronics stuff. Recovering VW addict. Don't drink alcohol, or do drugs. Anything else is game.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

gently caress yea Im in.

I daily a Subaru and I like old trucks and VWs made before the 90s.

Shirt size is L.

No poo in a box please.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Email Sent!

I'm an EE student, Subaru Nutjob, Hyundai warranty aficionado, and I recently flirted with a porch. wait, I meant Porsche. Pretty simple to please.

So the Elfster thing is dead?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I'm down, maybe my Santee won't die this year.

I own a Volvo 855 Turbo and late 80s Toyota Celicas and love 80s poo poo in general and neat tools. I have lots of shirts already but my size is L. I also like cool techie gadgets.

I also like liquor and :420:

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 10, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm so in.

I like Subarus, Miatas, weird 80s cars, long walks on the beach and my tumblr is basically a slow-drip of the weird poo poo that bounces around in my head.

I am sort of kind of starting to get into Arduino stuff so I would be pretty happy with a bag of useless electronic junk if you're that kind of person as well. Shirt size S.

I'll have to try really hard to top last year. Wham puts it best in the lyrics to their immortal song, Last Christmas:

Last Christmas, I gave goon a knife / But the very next day, I got a Detroit Diesel 3-53 supercharger.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 7, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

In jerks.

Shirt size M.

No food or bodily fluids please.

Big bag of 100 dollar bills would be nice, just sayin'.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_3HLtW8mCw

In.

If you're not in the UK, my usual request for something that I can't get here and/or which is demonstrative of your locale/vehicles owned still stands.

Don't send anything that will cause customs or the postman to have a sense of humour failure.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Email will be sent in a bit. No specific requests, and my post history gives an indication of what I'm in to automotive-wise.

ZincBoy
May 7, 2006

Think again Jimmy!
I am in once again. Email has been sent.

T-shirt size is large and I have the following stable of cars: BMW E46 330Ci track rat, Subaru Forester XT DD, Toyota Tundra hauler, Factory Five 818 in slow progress, Ford Contour chump car candidate.

Any cool mechanical bits are appreciated

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I'm in bitches!

Shirt size is Large. Stickers and doodads are always appreciated. Post/thread history should provide some ideas.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Let's do this. Jeep crap or tools are always cool, as is whatever weird thing you're passionate about. Shirt size is double-x L. I really like those button-down mechanic style shirts for some reason.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 8, 2015

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Tindjin fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 16, 2015

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Email sent.

Surprise me! Shirt size medium, 34/32 pants, 42R coat, shoe size 11

Edit:

sharkytm posted:

Don't drink alcohol, or do drugs. Anything else is game.

I'll drink his alcohol and do his drugs.

Double Edit:

1989 BMW 325iC
1990 Jeep Comanche Pioneer
1991 Toyota MR2 non-turbo
2000 Suzuki SV650 naked
House and Garage that always need car poo poo

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 13, 2015

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I live for AISS.

Prolonged full-time employment has emptied my posting energy reservoirs, so unless my santa has archives search here are THE FACTS:
* Likes old European cars
* No longer owns a motorcycle
* Never watched Inital D but I appreciate the concept
* Will post exuberantly upon receipt
* Am a software "engineer" but not the really well-paid douchey kind, more the mopey sad kind
* No t-shirts please

Santee:
* I always deliver.
* You may get something from China I dunno I happen to be there now

Hunter2 Thompson fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 14, 2015

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Email sent

Shirt size small, would really prefer candy/bbq sauce/food over a shirt.

Broken poo poo and cool old poo poo is appreciated.

I like old BMW's

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 12, 2015

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
I'm in!

XL size shirt, 80s and 90s Toyotas, Fords, snacks, Initial D, broken car parts, whateverdafukk

Don't send: Anything dead, living, illegal, or NSFW cheit

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

In for another year.

Little help for my stalker/santa: I'm an engineer in the auto industry so I love cars and nerdy poo poo though I'm not as crazy for Mad Max as everyone on this forum seems to be. :) I play iracing so anything for that (???) would be cool. Tools: I could really use a 18mm wrench (don't have one for some reason), or some of those little screwdriver trim pry bars with the little V notch in them. T shirt size is a large. I have a 2013 Chevy Sonic turbo 6MT and a 2001 Silverado 1500.

But really, get me anything you want (that doesn't freak out MY WIFE). Those are just some ideas in case you're totally lost.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm in!

Any sort of electronics or computer stuff, I'm an Arduino addict. I'm also a space nut, loved Interstellar and The Martian, play Kerbal Space Program repeatedly. Audis and Volkswagens exist in my driveway

Love gimmicky computing stuff, try to keep it kid friendly, as my 3 year old will probably open the box before me.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 9, 2015

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Email sent!

Interests include roller derby ( :rolleyes: ), bass guitar, drums, welding, old VWs (sciroccos, mk2 gtis, bugs), old MOPARs. Shirt size L. I own a mk4 Golf that could use a face lift and a Ford Econoline E350 w/7.5L V8.

scuz fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 9, 2015

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
In like Flynn.

I own a scooter (Kymco Jockey), motorcycle (Yamaha SR150), and a car (1995 Nissan AD Resort); I'd go for stickers, key chains, models, anything aviation related (within reason, please don't ship an IO-180), just about any kind of swag is cool. I'm t-shirt size XL.

Please don't send: food, alcohol, anything that has a remote chance of being intercepted at customs.

General Location: Taiwan

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
So excited for this again this year!

Into: 80's Toyotas, I've got a couple of broken All-Tracs and a MR2. Rally is my favorite sport. I like hats, broken stuff, drinking, guns, tools, and computers. I don't really need any more t-shirts (but if you have to I'm a size small). Please don't send: bees.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
So we're not using elfster, then??

I've got an e30 and an e46, just moved into my own house so garage stuff/tools are cool. Sailboats, military aviation/computers are my other hobbies/actual job.

I'm basically between a small and a medium shirt. If its that fitted bullshit, medium; if normal, small.

I'm a raging alcoholic (bourbon and rum) and :420: friendly. Basically as long as its moderately useful or interesting, have at it.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

SuperDucky posted:

So we're not using elfster, then??

A helpful goon mentioned that I'd be better off with a new hole in my head than some experiences with Elfster.

I also wanted to keep your privacy and personal information out of a third party's site. Didn't want poo poo like "REAL NAME, REAL TOWN joined your Elfster group!" when I can manage things a lot nicer and keep all info to this thread. Every year I delete all my information and need not think about things until next year. I've only hosed up a few times in three years with accidentally mailing some Santa the wrong info due to something not copying out of excel and pasting what was still in the clipboard then almost immediately seeing my fuckup after sending :doh: . Like maybe three or four times? Quality service is what I'm looking to provide. Only having the info through a website rather than a physical printout and a saved file, it would leave me vulnerable if Elfster failed/lost data.

Despite my waning presence in AI lately, there's still a bit of a kick getting to matchup people I want (my dark secret?) and play puppet master.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Sockington posted:

A helpful goon mentioned that I'd be better off with a new hole in my head than some experiences with Elfster.

I also wanted to keep your privacy and personal information out of a third party's site. Didn't want poo poo like "REAL NAME, REAL TOWN joined your Elfster group!" when I can manage things a lot nicer and keep all info to this thread. Every year I delete all my information and need not think about things until next year. I've only hosed up a few times in three years with accidentally mailing some Santa the wrong info due to something not copying out of excel and pasting what was still in the clipboard then almost immediately seeing my fuckup after sending :doh: . Like maybe three or four times? Quality service is what I'm looking to provide. Only having the info through a website rather than a physical printout and a saved file, it would leave me vulnerable if Elfster failed/lost data.

Despite my waning presence in AI lately, there's still a bit of a kick getting to matchup people I want (my dark secret?) and play puppet master.

Cool, thanks for putting this together, Sock.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

SuperDucky posted:

Cool, thanks for putting this together, Sock.

Agreed.

Match me with someone good please :getin:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Agreed.

Match me with someone good please :getin:

I used to know mostly everyone and now I'm an old man that watches his kids, goes to work, and poorly plays a guitar. I don't know the AI drama anymore. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sockington posted:

Kastein with corn in the fridge :v:

Sockington posted:

I used to know mostly everyone and now I'm an old man that watches his kids, goes to work, and poorly plays a guitar. I don't know the AI drama anymore. :(

Just got a SG, my dream guitar bro! :)

It's not a Gibson tho cuz I'm poor :(

• Locked thread