Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, try to keep it under about 4lbs if you want it to be a reasonable cost. 7lbs would cost £50-£70 from the post office here to the US, 4lbs is more like £20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
You can also do international by buying something from an online retailer in their area. :ssh:

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Sockington posted:

You can also do international by buying something from an online retailer in their area. :ssh:

^^^^ This is how I did mine. Amazon makes it stupid easy to send presents to US goons... (especially when I have Prime so shipping is free :v:)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

literally a fish posted:

^^^^ This is how I did mine. Amazon makes it stupid easy to send presents to US goons... (especially when I have Prime so shipping is free :v:)

I just realised it might be cheaper to rebuy the biggest part of my present and send it direct than post it. So I guess I bought myself a present as well? :v:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mine is going in the mail today, sorry it took so long Santee!

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Mine got shipped out yesterday. UPS said it should be there before Christmas.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Shipped priority mail today. Should arrive Friday.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
UPS is a bunch of grinchy pissminstrels and decided instead of delivering today like they said in the first place, they'll deliver tomorrow and Tuesday.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
I've gotten the main pieces for my gift, was going to ship it today but had some minor health issues. It'll ship out tomorrow!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
My gifts will be going out tomorrow, should be there before XMas.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
ha HA! SHIPPED! In spite of all the fedex international baloney, the gifts be on their way.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Shipped today, will email proof tomorrow.
Can only imagine what will happen if they x-ray the package.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Shipped today. I included liquids and half assed the box so hopefully the contents don't marinade on the way.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

My santee's package 1 has arrived yesterday, package 2 is arriving today/tomorrow. :neckbeard:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
The package has arrived in your state santee and should be there tommorrow. As long as the gubmmint isn't lying. Usps!!!:argh:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

USPS posted:

Your item could not be delivered on December 16, 2015 at 8:15 am in CANADA due to the addressee not available at time of delivery. It is being held while the addressee is notified.

Ahhh poo poo! :sassargh:

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
Just shipped, santee you should have it Friday afternoon!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Canada Post (who USPS hands off the package to) routinely just "attempts delivery" by dropping off a pickup slip on your door rather than the package, or leaving the attempted delivery slip in your residential mailbox.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Bajaha posted:

Canada Post (who USPS hands off the package to) routinely just "attempts delivery" by dropping off a pickup slip on your door rather than the package, or leaving the attempted delivery slip in your residential mailbox.

Yeah, I'm trying to not give the Santee away, but I kinda figured it'd be a 'hold and notify' type of situation. At least I know it made it through customs.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Awwww shiiiit. Just dropped my santee's present off at USPS today. I got lucky, there wasn't even a line.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
OMG Bajaha is an awesome Santee.

Included:
  • Subaru transfer gear/shaft (broken), MLS head gasket (broken, in separate layers)
  • Light up blinky shift knob (unknown thread)
  • Loose discs from a broken hard drive
  • Whiteline stickers
  • Licorice candy
  • A loving 426 Hemi V8 nightlight!!!

According to the letter, a different parcel contains an EG Civic wing, which hasn't arrived yet but omfg I'm so excited for it.

I really have to get that Baja service manual supplement out to you.

Thanks dude!! The letter was awesome too, way to use TeX.

Hoping to send my Santee's items out pretty soon.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 17, 2015

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
So this is what came in the package the other day:

It's a sweet rear end Quattro mug and some stickers and a note that says there is more to come! I'm so excited!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I sent my package! Santee, gird your loins. They said it's a 50-50 chance arriving either December 24 or after Christmas depending on how together your USPS division's poo poo is.

While I was there getting it shipped the guy behind me in line decided to pick a fight with both Canada Post reps (who are very nice people) about being able to pick up his girlfriend's mail with his drivers' license that doesn't show the correct address. He even came with a highlighted and printed out copy of the Canada Post rules! It was exciting.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

alternate.eago posted:

So this is what came in the package the other day:

It's a sweet rear end Quattro mug and some stickers and a note that says there is more to come! I'm so excited!

I legitimately have that exact same picture as a print framed and in my living room :swoon:

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
I'm still waiting for one last piece of the gift. Should have shipped a week ago, emailed them today and they were like "Oh.. sorry we forgot to ship it."

I guess that's what I get for buying from not-amazon.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Arrived home to a mysterious box:

Inside was an awesome hand written note with a translations and all sorts.

THE BOX WAS FULL OF STICKERS!!! Also a set of grenade valve caps so I can 4 wheel Goon while I drive.

Thanks so much YF19 Pilot! Absolutely awesome.

In other news I shipped my santees gift today. Will be there before Xmas.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

:gary: Package has arrived in the destination country and should be in the hands of my santee very soon :yarg:

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
So I got a sinking feeling in my stomach today when I was filling out the shipping label.

Santee, if I misspelled your name on the gift I made, I will gladly make you another!
(The box was already sealed, you'll get it before the 19th).

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Shipped mine out last night. I'm not a deadbeat! (in this instance)

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Going to update all shipping info and get cracking on my "end zone" user list that need some reminders before PoniesAteMyBagel day

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Man, I thought the Hemi night light was the best thing so far but those grenade valve caps might be really close.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Sorry Santee, I've been super-busy. The box is 99% ready, I just have to make my way to the post office. Should get it out by tomorrow at the latest.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
Sorry for being a lovely Santa I've been swamped with work around the house. Should have it shipped out by tomorrow if not today!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Echotic posted:

Arrived home to a mysterious box:

Inside was an awesome hand written note with a translations and all sorts.

THE BOX WAS FULL OF STICKERS!!! Also a set of grenade valve caps so I can 4 wheel Goon while I drive.

Thanks so much YF19 Pilot! Absolutely awesome.

In other news I shipped my santees gift today. Will be there before Xmas.

Sweet, glad you liked it. Box looks like it took a bit of a beating. I was a bit worried when you posted that you were looking for a new car after I had sent the box out though. Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of broken poo poo. Maybe next year I might have something, 哈哈哈哈!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Thanks Californian Santa!

A score of what sources from within the box tell me is "one of San Francisco's finest ball thrower people on the 49ers" in bobble head form
A fuzzy wooly hat from same team
A license plate from Santas' car automobile (funnily enough I've just started collecting stuff like that, this is my second plate to go on the wall)
A majestic stars and stripes car flag which sadly I haven't put on my car for a picture yet due to it being dark and pissing it down

The photo doesn't do a good job of showing how huge he is.

Thanks again Santa!!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Fart Pipe posted:

Man, I thought the Hemi night light was the best thing so far but those grenade valve caps might be really close.

My cat loving loves the 426 Hemi nightlight for some reason and I have no idea why. She slept next to it last night and this morning.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Woo, thanks IOC! The cutter will come in handy when I do my cut a strut job on the Saabaru, and I've always thought Opel has had the best logo. I think I'm going to start a plate collection too, and this is a great start.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

My cat loving loves the 426 Hemi nightlight for some reason and I have no idea why. She slept next to it last night and this morning.

This is hilarious.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Thanks dude!! The letter was awesome too, way to use TeX.

Haha, thought you'd enjoy it. I've been in end-of-term mode so LaTeX just comes naturally from all the report writing.

Shift knob was from a riced civic a buddy picked up at auction, thread should be 10x1.5 (or push on plastic maybe?) Spoiler shows as out for delivery so hopefully it made it one piece. The corners looked like they might be fragile :ohdearsass:

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

blk posted:

Woo, thanks IOC! The cutter will come in handy when I do my cut a strut job on the Saabaru, and I've always thought Opel has had the best logo. I think I'm going to start a plate collection too, and this is a great start.

I was originally going to go for some more wall art (would've been this if it hadn't gone off sale already) but then I figured I'd take a gamble and assume you hadn't actually bought something from your dremel post. Cordless ones suck, Dremel-branded ones are overpriced. The RTX is a stupidly good bang-for-the-buck in that category.

• Locked thread