Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

So, last month, Exalted Third Edition was finally released to Kickstarter backers. They're extremely solid PDFs, and the art in particular is pretty great.

Okay, most of the art. There's a smidgen of Poser art and derivative works in there.

If you're an Exalted fan, you might have heard that Onyx Path are going to replace the pieces that weren't well-received. Personally, I think this sounds like a job for goons.

So what is this?

This is an Exalted art contest inspired by the old WTF D&D art contests. The goal is to draw some sweet Exalted Third Edition art that could work as a replacement.

This can be either your own original Exalted art, or your take on an existing piece of Exalted art (such as lady eating all the cakes and man channeling visions of videogames).

Entries will be judged by me, a MYSTERY JUDGE, and thread reactions, based on how cool and funny they are.

Entries may be posted in this thread or emailed to me at ettin.sa@gmail (use the subject line ORIGINAL EXALTED ART DO NOT STEAL).

What are the prizes?

The three best entries will win amazing prizes:

Grand Prize: A $75 Amazon gift card and a MYSTERY PRIZE.

Second Place: A $50 card and a MYSTERY PRIZE.

Third Place: A $25 card and a MYSTERY PRIZE.

If you prefer, prizes can be in the form of DriveThruRPG credit.

Do I need to know or play Exalted to enter?

gently caress no. You're free to look it up or browse the Exalted thread if it sounds like something you'd be into, but you don't need to be a tabletop gamer to enter. At the least, you can always just draw your own version of some existing Exalted art. If you'd like to see more art, I'm sure someone in this or the Exalted thread could oblige.

When's the deadline?

No later than December 7, 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone know where to get a free Poser Demo?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
You could always try DAZ Studio, which is like Poser, but offers the core program for free.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Hell, you've got my vote.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I can't draw for poo poo, but I do love commissioning art!

Here's a Tya manta ray lunar wearing a moonsilver skinsuit and hearthstone bracers, wielding a Chiaroscuro green-glass sword.

Here's an entire Circle of Exalts, including a Twilight, a Cathak Zenith, a Sidereal, a Fiend, and a Slayer.

I didn't specifically commission this for Exalted, but it totally works! A combat sorceress inspired by 14th century Ottoman mail, Islamic mosque geometry for the spells, and the Empire of Mali.

And here's an adorable manta ray steed mutated to walk on land!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is awesome. You drew this?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Oh you sweet summer child.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Don't post screenshots of fetish games to the contest thread, and shut up about that one. Thanks.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ettin posted:

Don't post screenshots of fetish games to the contest thread, and shut up about that one. Thanks.

What about the ones on the OP?

net cafe scandal posted:

This is awesome. You drew this?

Thank you.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ettin posted:

How did you know it was a fetish game?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well here goes nothing, here is my submission

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

bump

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Black Baby Goku posted:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

Hell, you've got my vote.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
When do I win my prize

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

When do I win my prize

The deadline is December 7 so I'll see how many entries we have and give out prizes sometime that week!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Awesome. Thank you.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

Here's a Tya manta ray lunar wearing a moonsilver skinsuit and hearthstone bracers, wielding a Chiaroscuro green-glass sword.

moon over june style gurl with ah uge dildo. lol @ everything esp the feet ugh. whats with the dick bulge on her belly

Mile'ionaha posted:

Here's an entire Circle of Exalts, including a Twilight, a Cathak Zenith, a Sidereal, a Fiend, and a Slayer.

srsly why do people like this kind of "style" its lazy and bad. one in the middle looks like a man and i dont think thats intentional. asian lady suffering from barnacle jim syndrome. also terrible hands. tho i dont see red noses on everyone like normal with this style so thats a plus

Mile'ionaha posted:

I didn't specifically commission this for Exalted, but it totally works! A combat sorceress inspired by 14th century Ottoman mail, Islamic mosque geometry for the spells, and the Empire of Mali.

mediocre painting horrible pose w/no action, super stiff

Mile'ionaha posted:

And here's an adorable manta ray steed mutated to walk on land!

cute idea i guess but the perspective is bad and theres no way anyone could actually ride that where are your legs supposed to go?

i hope you didnt pay much

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

What about the ones on the OP?

lol

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
heres my submission

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Can I post my penis in this thread?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mike12345 posted:

Can I post my penis in this thread?

Sure, I'd like to see it

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Sure, I'd like to see it

Looks like you're in for some stiff competition!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Well this thread's about as dead as Ferrinus' BP vs EXP horse. Which is kind of sad since there's a really decent prize pool up for grabs.

I am not AN AMAZING ARTIST but I drew some OOTS-style pictures of the Abyssal Pirate Crew we've been playing on SA for the last few years. So yep, here they are!
I'm actually short two new additions to the thread, so I might add to this or try to come up with something more cool if there's any actual competition posted.

So post some competition, you scrubs.

Organized by ship:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

mistaya posted:

Well this thread's about as dead as Ferrinus' BP vs EXP horse. Which is kind of sad since there's a really decent prize pool up for grabs.

I wasn't expecting a lot of posts, it's kind of a niche contest and it takes time to art anyway. I just felt like doing something and the Exalted launch was right there. :toot:

(Next contest will be about :words:, unless someone else wants to take it.)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Are you ready to declare a winner?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Ettin, I'll take this medium serious, here:

The deathlord that was our adversary two big campaigns ago:

A badass Earth Caste Lost Egg that helped us out for a while:

The party's gunslinging Righteous Devil Dawn Caste:

The whole gang, taking a clandestine meeting with a Sidereal contact:

Calde
Jun 20, 2009
Did any of them notice the second Sidereal watching them through the window?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Calde posted:

Yeah, I think our Night Caste is staring daggers at her right there.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Calde posted:

She must have some serious stilts on, too.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

My entry was an original drawing... What the hell.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
:nws: Comedy option.

Here's my actual entry.

Click to embiggen.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Well, this is a last-minute entry I wasn't expecting

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

:golfclap: You have truly captured the essence of Exalted art.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

grassy gnoll posted:

:nws: Comedy option.

Here's my actual entry.

Click to embiggen.

These are the entries that I like best.

Both of them.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Looks like it's no longer December 7 anywhere, so we're done! There aren't that many so I should be able to wrap up with prizes in the next day.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did I win

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

did he win?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Alright! I finally found time to talk to the MYSTERY JUDGE Exalted dev Holden for his picks, which means:

:siren: :megaman: :siren: CONTEST RESULTS :siren: :megaman: :siren:

Third Place

mistaya posted:

I am not AN AMAZING ARTIST but I drew some OOTS-style pictures of the Abyssal Pirate Crew we've been playing on SA for the last few years. So yep, here they are!

You might not be AN AMAZING ARTIST but I still like that you took the time to make something cool for your group, so you get third prize! Let me know where to send that $25 gift card to (or if you'd prefer DTRPG credit or something instead).

Second Place

theironjef posted:

The deathlord that was our adversary two big campaigns ago:

I like that you make cool stuff for your group and this is pretty cool as well, so second place is yours! Again, tell me how to send you a gift card or let me know if you'd like a non-Amazon prize.

GRAND PRIZE

I wasn't expecting anyone to actually go for the Savant and Sorcerer knockoff, so, uh, well done I guess! The actual entry is pretty good too, so it looks like grassy gnoll is our winner! Give me your prize deets, etc.

MYSTERY PRIZE

Speaking of, any contest winner who would like a copy of Savant & Sorcerer, let me know. :getin:

Honorable Mentions

Mile'ionaha posted:

I'm not sure I can award prizes to commissioned art, but these are still pretty good! Well done, whoever did those. :buddy:

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Aw yeah. Now I have Christmas money, it's a true Exalted miracle. My email is theironjef at gmail, and Amazon is preferred.

Also Holden if you're giving out mystery prizes, we'd love to interview you on our podcast System Mastery. We're normally dicks on there but we've been nice to designers in the past. Friendly questions about design and then a round of answering the internet's Dumbest Fan Mail (tm).

theironjef fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 12, 2015

• Locked thread