Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

As of 1/6/2017 the Just Cause 3 Multiplayer Mod is live! Download it here!

Welcome to the Just Cause 3 Thread! I'm going to copy/paste a bunch of information about the game because nobody reads the OP anyways! Read the bolded stuff if you just want to know what's new/interesting compared to Just Cause 2.

quote:

Just Cause 3 is an upcoming open world action-adventure video game developed by Avalanche Studios and published by Square Enix. It was announced on November 11, 2014. It is the third game in the Just Cause series and is the sequel to the 2010 video game Just Cause 2.

Set several years after the events of Just Cause 2, Rico Rodriguez leaves The Agency and returns to his homeland of Medici, a fictional Mediterranean island under the brutal control of dictator General Di Ravello who has set his eyes on world domination. Wanting to stop him, Rico goes on a journey to destroy his evil plans.

quote:

Just Cause 3 is an open world third-person action-adventure game that will be set on a fictional Mediterranean island known as Medici with Rico Rodriguez set as the protagonist. The map size has been confirmed to be similar to that of the setting of Just Cause 2 with 400 square miles (1,000 km2) being dedicated for the new setting. However, its volumetric terrain has increased to allow more verticality – as a result of this, it is now possible for the player to explore subterranean caverns and to scale buildings more effectively and realistically. The world of the game is composed of five major biomes, with each having unique landmarks and landscapes.

quote:

A variety of tools will be provided to players for traversal in the game. It has been confirmed that Just Cause 2‍ '​s signature features – the grappling hook and parachute – will be re-appearing with improved mechanics. The focus on chaos and exaggerated physics will also remain. A new wingsuit, which is permanently equipped by the player, will be featured in the game and allow players to glide across the world in a much faster way. When the player almost reaches the ground while utilizing the wingsuit, they can draw themselves back up in the air by utilizing grapples. Players can switch between utilizing the parachute and wingsuit freely during missions or free-roam.

Other game mechanics have also been overhauled and updated. For example, :siren:Rico now has the ability to attach and tether multiple objects together with his grappling hook:siren:, while parachuting is made more stable and allows players to shoot enemies from the air. Every object and non-playable character can also be hooked by the player with the use of the grappling hook. In-game currency has been left out of this installment, making the series' well known 'supply drops' more easily accessible and imaginative for the player. However, this affects difficulty; for example: if the player chooses to ride a tank, the enemy AI will match the power of it and adopt weapons that would be able to take down a tank. Another new feature is giving the character 'infinite C4': unlike previous installments that required players to purchase C4; this installment instates this weapon to allow for more 'chaos'. In Just Cause 2 players were able to stand on top of moving vehicles but only in the center; players are now allowed to move around on freely in Just Cause 3. Players can invade hostile military bases and towns featured in the game; they will act as fast travel locations if the invasion is successful.

quote:

Creativity and destruction heavily emphasized in the game. For instance, many things in the game, including structures like bridges and statues, can be destroyed in a variety of ways. A new mechanic called Rebel Drop will be introduced. It allows the player to pause the game to select equipment, weapons, and vehicles, through a pause menu. The selected objects will be dropped into the game's world and can be used by players. The game also features Challenge Modes. It includes mini-games like wingsuit races and the destruction frenzy mode, in which new objectives and challenges will be unlocked when the player destroys an enemy base.
:siren:Despite the multiplayer mod of Just Cause 2 being well-received by players, the game will only feature asynchronous multiplayer at launch:siren:, in which challenges and leaderboard will be included instead of any co-operative or competitive multiplayer mode, as the studio wanted to focus their manpower, time and resources in creating the world of the game.

TL;DR

- New Island. This one's somewhere in the Mediterranean, and has much more "verticality" than JC2's Panau.
- You now have a Wingsuit, which is much faster than the Parachute but prevents you from using weapons.
- Infinite C4
- Multiple grappling hooks.
- Limited destructible environments. Bridges, statues etc.
- No ingame money. There's no cost to any weapons/vehicles you request in a supply drop.
- No microtransactions.(As was speculated shortly after announcement.)
- No Multiplayer (Yet) (RIP)(Just Kidding)
- Planes have rudder control! (not officially announced/confirmed but I swear I've seen it in gameplay videos)

STUFF FOR PC NERDS:

quote:

MINIMUM:
OS: Vista SP2 / Windows 7.1 SP1 / Windows 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500k, 3.3GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB)
Hard Drive: 54 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
OS: Vista SP2 / Windows 7.1 SP1 / Windows 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) / AMD R9 290 (4GB)
Hard Drive: 54 GB available space

Just Cause 2 was known for being very optimized, once JC3 is released we'll see if they put the same amount of effort into it. It's ...Okay?

DLC:

Currently the only DLC for the game is the XL upgrade, which is analogous to the Season Passes you'd find in any other AAA game. Additionally, you can Pre-order the game and get A Gun, A Car, A Boat, And a Buggy! WOW! What a deal!

There's a bunch of DLC now. Get the one with rockets for your wingsuit, the rest are probably crap!

VIDEOS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1q7wY0koE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Wc07-R6D0

GAMEPLAY:

Nothing I'd want to put here yet. Search "Just Cause 3 Gameplay" and choose which "Youtube Personality" you want screaming in your ear while they enjoy the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKtSVrdsM0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE4ypXpigjw

Morzhovyye fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This is going to be amazing. I can't loving wait :flashfap:

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

This just looks like a remake of Just Cause 2 with slightly better graphics.

Which is loving perfect and I cannot wait

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Infinite C4

:mrgw:

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
I wonder why they didn't include car-climbing mechanics in Mad Max. Same studio, and the best bits of Fury Road involved leppin' from vehicle to vehicle. Still a fun game though

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

After playing Just Cause 2 every other sandbox open-world game felt like a chore to play. I try them, and I'm always like "Uhhh why can't I just fly everywhere and blow everything up whenever I want??"

EDIT: I guess Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was pretty good about that too.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I'm ok with the mediterranean but I'm still gonna miss Panau lah

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Prav posted:

I'm ok with the mediterranean but I'm still gonna miss Panau lah

Goodbye, Tuk Tuks. Goodbye, Mile High Club. Goodbye, Bolo Santosi. We'll never forget you.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I bet they'll put in a Tuk Tuk as free DLC at some point.

Also Just Cause 2 was the best game and I really hope Just Cause 3 is the even more best game.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Gawdamn someone get Gibbed on standby

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
From everything I have read about this game, it's just not likely to disappoint in any aspect. Just Cause 2 was pure unadulterated "VIDEO GAMES" and the sequel is just going to improve that.

Okay, I guess I can nitpick the name of the island. Medici is a dumb name for an island in the Mediterranean. Preorder canceled.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Can't loving wait to exploderize everything.

One thing though, stuff you call down has 10-15 minute realtime cooldowns apparently. At the minimum.

Node posted:

Medici is a dumb name for an island in the Mediterranean. Preorder canceled.

Why? Quoth Wiki "The House of Medici was an Italian banking family, political dynasty and later royal house that first began to gather prominence under Cosimo de' Medici in the Republic of Florence during the late 14th century." Seems normal for an island in the mediterrenean to have an italian name.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Other places with dumb names: Alexandria, Heraklion, Colombia, America.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

really wish it shipped with co op holy gently caress SE can eat my dick if they don't add it in.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Day one buy

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Odobenidae posted:

- No ingame money. There's no cost to any weapons/vehicles you request in a supply drop.

Further proof that these are the only people who get freeroamers right. No, I don't want to sit through some god drat tutorial while you explain your three different currency systems to me, none of which will matter one bit once I get 1/3 or so into the game and have money coming out of my rear end (looking at you, every Ubisoft game). I want a big open area that's easy to travel around with a bunch of satisfying poo poo to do that usually involves some scaled-up version of the explody-barrels from Freedom Fighters.

GOTY 2015

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Prav posted:

Other places with dumb names: Alexandria, Heraklion, Colombia, America.

Okay, fair enough.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Just Cause 2 Multiplayer is going to release version 0.2, and it looks like it's a big update.

https://www.jc-mp.com/forums/index.php?topic=5532.new

Going live on the 11th.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Odobenidae posted:

Just Cause 2 Multiplayer is going to release version 0.2, and it looks like it's a big update.

https://www.jc-mp.com/forums/index.php?topic=5532.new

Going live on the 11th.

That's hilarious/awesome that they got achievements for it.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

I'm pretty pumped for Just Cause 3, and I was surprised that no one had started a thread until last week. There have been some pretty cool videos coming out, much in the same style as the Mad Max promotional CYOA videos.

I spent a lot of time on JC2MP this year, there are a few really good servers out there. I enjoyed Survival District a lot, for example, the idea is pretty neat and the community is fine. Come check it out some time!

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

On GMG you can get Just Cause 3 for $43.20 if you use their 20% off code. (That brings it down to a slim $58 CAD. :canada:)

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

so looking forward to this game, just cause 2 was pretty great and they've no doubt topped it here

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

A bigger, prettier Just Cause 2 would be amazing. If it runs as well on PC as Mad Max did, it's a day one buy for sure.

beer_war fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 13, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

quote:

In-game currency has been left out of this installment, making the series' well known 'supply drops' more easily accessible and imaginative for the player. However, this affects difficulty; for example: if the player chooses to ride a tank, the enemy AI will match the power of it and adopt weapons that would be able to take down a tank.

I had no idea this was a thing for JC3, holy poo poo. I loved JC2 but had two problems: the grapple 'n parachute traversal always felt a bit slow to me, and I constantly ran out of cash ordering fun jets and poo poo. The wingsuit and the "NO STRINGS ATTACHED" supply drops along with the game rebalancing to accommodate your sick drops is amazing.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I will be completely satisfied if this game turns out to be even half the time waster that JC2 was.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Indiana_Krom posted:

I will be completely satisfied if this game turns out to be even half the time waster that JC2 was.

drat that's a lot. I've probably only got ~100 from my 360 with a few more from MP once I got it on PC. My favourite thing to do is to hop in the prop plane and just putt around at low altitude while sightseeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE4ypXpigjw

I'd missed this video somehow, be sure to watch the final minute or so if nothing else.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Indiana_Krom posted:

drat! I 100%'d JC2 (using the mod that adds in the missing set pieces) and I'm just at a measly 142.

Are you any good at using that gigantic bomber jet? Even though it has the most destructive power in the game I found it too clunky.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I can land all the planes in the game without exploding them, but generally using any of the planes for a bombing run is a pain just because you only have a couple seconds where you can actually cause damage. As you approach, you can only damage a base from about 1 KM or less, further out than that and none of the things you can break have spawned on the map yet. Then quite often all the bits of debris that flew up in the air from the cannon would hit your plane and cause it to explode.

So if you actually wanted to blow stuff up with that type of firepower, only way to do it reliably was to mod a helicopter or ground vehicle to have the same autocannon, which always produced amusing results.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
I'll be giving this game a run through a few days after release, but I never touched a Just Cause game before. I was under the impression that this installment was going to be have more destructive environments, but I am still not entirely certain what that will entail. The last game I had a literal blast destroying stuff in was Red Faction: Gorilla, where virtually everything could be blown apart. My brother was particularly into it. Do I need to lower my expectations going into JC3, or will most things be on the table for getting blown up, including the table itself?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I looked at the system requirements and realized two things. Firstly, I really hate the modern way of just writing in a graphics card name with numbers and letters that mean absolutely nothing to me and miss the old way when they just wrote the amount of ram your card needed. Secondly, my computer doesn't meet the minimum. :smithicide:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
If it's anything like Mad Max they're probably highballing it. I remember the specs released were pretty hefty but it ended up running like a dream. Of course I'm not really sure just how far off your computer is...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lothire posted:

I'll be giving this game a run through a few days after release, but I never touched a Just Cause game before. I was under the impression that this installment was going to be have more destructive environments, but I am still not entirely certain what that will entail. The last game I had a literal blast destroying stuff in was Red Faction: Gorilla, where virtually everything could be blown apart. My brother was particularly into it. Do I need to lower my expectations going into JC3, or will most things be on the table for getting blown up, including the table itself?

watch any video on it, you can blow up every bridge, car, gas station, base, tower, and tree in the island. JC is pretty much all about blowing poo poo up and it looks like they really took the physics engine to its max with how much stuff comes apart and crumbles.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mordja posted:

If it's anything like Mad Max they're probably highballing it. I remember the specs released were pretty hefty but it ended up running like a dream. Of course I'm not really sure just how far off your computer is...
Me neither. I think my graphics card is a Radeon HD 5750. At least there's an old box with that name on it in the corner where I neatly stack those things.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Lothire posted:

It's not as destructive as Red Faction Gorilla, but it's much more fun.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
Can't wait to spend 300 hours doing absolutely nothing related to what passes for a story. Mr. Rodriguez, show me your moves.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Musluk posted:

One thing though, stuff you call down has 10-15 minute realtime cooldowns apparently. At the minimum.

I'm sure Cheat Engine can address that. :getin:

Mordja posted:

Yeah, Max's recommended settings were for everything cranked full tilt ultra whizbang, and that game was very scalable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xeremides posted:

Can't wait to spend 300 hours doing absolutely nothing related to what passes for a story. Mr. Rodriguez, show me your moves.

yeah this is key. don't expect the game to make fun for you. everything you are supposed to do in the game is likely going to be really boring. but the emergent gameplay as its called is the best there is, especially now that there is unlimited c4 and no in game currency.

the lack of an official co op mode is a big letdown for me though. i really wanted to have an online mode for just doing crazy poo poo like if gtao were about fun instead of microtransactions.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
this game is going to be Good and i hope they add some cool multiplayer modes to it later on

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
As long as they improve tracking for larger settlements and bring back propaganda trucks I'm good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I didn't end up playing JC2 until later due to it not working with windows XP which I was still using. It was a really fun game even long after it was new, it's still fun now.

The thing I liked most about JC2 was the bright saturated colors. Playing games in the winter in the northeast, I really want stuff that takes me away from the grey-brown world I'm living in. I'm glad that the screenshots of JC3 are really keeping that vacation to a tropical island feel. Warm yellow sun, warm green trees, warm brown sand, warm orange-red explosions.

Poil posted:

Secondly, my computer doesn't meet the minimum. :smithicide:
Ouch. Those minimums are pretty old these days, if your PC is below parity with the consoles there's gonna be a lot of stuff you can't play.

• Locked thread