Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Do we know if you can do multiple hooks this time and are the wires stronger?
I have done my best to stay blind but I'd like to know now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yes up to 4 hooks and they are stronger, plus you can trigger them to contract, pulling attached objects towards each other

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
You can do multiple 2-point grapples, (2-4 I believe based on upgrades), they're independent of your travel grapple, they are WAY stronger, they don't time out, and there's a button that makes them contract with a ton of force. There's also infinite C4 (although unless it's a late tier upgrade, you can't throw it but only place it near you, which you can do while grappling etc now). The physics are also a ton more advanced. The fuckery possibilities are very high.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Well
My dick just did a little dance.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So there's no money or limitations on getting drops and stuff right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calaveron posted:

So there's no money or limitations on getting drops and stuff right?

It looks like they cost 'beacons' which I have no idea how you get but I assume you get them through activities and poo poo. Aside from that, in the drop itself you can get a vehicle, a gun, and a heavy gun all at once instead of doing multiple ones.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
There are beacons you need to get drops. You start with a capacity of one and can upgrade it to at least three. You get them from friendly outposts and I think they can drop from elite enemies or something.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wasn't sold on Mario sounding like an Assassin's Creed 2 background character but him poo poo-talking Cecilia Crespo sold me.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

since I'll be too busy getting wisdom teeth yanked on tuesday im just going to download dis digitally. probably for the best since I never want the game to physically leave my machine anyways

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

the lack of an official co op mode is a big letdown for me though. i really wanted to have an online mode for just doing crazy poo poo like if gtao were about fun instead of microtransactions.

This is why I decided not to buy it. I wanted Far Cry 4 with the Just Cause engine, but without the co-op or mp I'm just not interested. It's a huge missed opportunity that will be fixed by the community on the PC version, but the friends I want to play the game with would require console versions.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I like Far Cry 4, but the gameplay we have seen so far in JC3 is in a completely different league. I don't care about co-op at all, though, so I can't fully appreciate where you're coming from.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I seem to remember that the physics in JC2 could cause Rico to nearly die from something as innocuous as touching a blown up vehicle chassis. Hopefully everything in JC3 is a complete improvement.

My only request is more one liners from everyone. FOR THE GLORY OF PANAU or WIRE THING etc. There was nothing quite like crashing a jet into a helicopter, tumbling down a cliff, falling out of the burning carcass face first into the ground and Rico going "sheesh" before rocket boosting away. :allears:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Will there be ULAR BOIS WITH MANDAOUS?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
So, has Greenmangaming still not sent out keys?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

No keys yet. Apparently they're waiting for Square Enix to give them permission.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Delacroix posted:

I seem to remember that the physics in JC2 could cause Rico to nearly die from something as innocuous as touching a blown up vehicle chassis.

I don't remember this ever happening and I have hundreds of hours of playtime logged.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Cliff Racer posted:

I don't remember this ever happening and I have hundreds of hours of playtime logged.

I have 142 hours logged, and I don't remember any funny physics related things happen. Considering the amount of absurd situations you could put yourself through in that game, the physics remained, in my case, quite stable.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Not gonna lie, I spent half my time in 2 driving trucks over mountains singing Canyonero

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Can't wait to divebomb a jet fighter into gas stations harboring obscene amounts of explosives next to a vulnerable police station.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Can't wait to stand on get thrown halfway across the village when I shoot their fascist water-tower point-blank.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Oh man. My pre-order has been dispatched and I know it will arrive Monday/Tuesday, but god drat if I'm not going to spend all weekend like a kid waiting for Christmas. A big, explodey Christmas.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Krazyface posted:

So, has Greenmangaming still not sent out keys?

I asked them on Facebook, they should be sending them out within the next 24 hours.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

K8.0 posted:

That's fine, as long as you're OK with sending them the message that they just haven't cut enough content to get you to buy their ripoff DLC. You accepting their offer to buy part of a game for $60 doesn't take away their incentive - they have to actually lose money or they will keep doing shittier things to you.

Where I mainly disagree with your argument is that I don't consider JC2 minus the DLC to be "part of a game" at all, it's a complete and very fun game. So I'm really not sure what "lovely" thing was done to me or how I was ripped off.

I also expect JC3 to be a complete and fun game without any DLC and based on what I've seen in gameplay trailers etc I don't really see any reason why it won't be.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
And by within the next 24 hours, they apparently meant now, just got my key in an email from GMG.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

And by within the next 24 hours, they apparently meant now, just got my key in an email from GMG.

Yup, got mine a little earlier than you did actually judging by the timestamps. It's preloading now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I haven't really noticed in gameplay vids but do we know if they still have that awful awful easy mode auto-aim from JC2?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Deakul posted:

I haven't really noticed in gameplay vids but do we know if they still have that awful awful easy mode auto-aim from JC2?
It looks like the case but since I mostly chill out with JC2 I appreciate the extra auto aim because I'd rather spend time aiming for cool grapple poo poo than shooting dudes directly anyway.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

I hope the game will let you seamlessly switch between gamepad and mouse and keyboard control.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I'll show them... I'll show ALL of them...
This is the only game I have been excited about in the last twelve months. Just Cause 2 was the best game I ever played. Or at least the game I put the most hours in.

I am ready. My body is ready.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
So having never played JC1 or 2, is this a better console game (PS4) or PC or is there' generally not a major difference between PC and consoles?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

PC version will look better, obviously, and there will definitely be mods.
JC2 was modded to hell and back to the point of even getting fully functional multiplayer modded in.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
JC2 received lots of modding love on PC. Unfortunately, Mad Max (with which JC3 shares its engine) was very much not mod-friendly, so it's possible there won't be any real difference between PC and consoles in that respect at least.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know if there's a territory we can VPN to to unlock? http://steamcommunity.com/ogg/225540/announcements/detail/101691538708782226 might apply to just the console versions but it's not super specific.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TCD posted:

So having never played JC1 or 2, is this a better console game (PS4) or PC or is there' generally not a major difference between PC and consoles?

I had Jc2 for both and the PC was better. I like an Xbox pad for driving but it's not a dealbreaker either way.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

TwoDice posted:

Anyone know if there's a territory we can VPN to to unlock? http://steamcommunity.com/ogg/225540/announcements/detail/101691538708782226 might apply to just the console versions but it's not super specific.

They are referring to console versions being sold on Black Friday by some retailers breaking streetdate. But I assume you'll be able to tunnel to New Zealand to play 12 hours early like most other releases.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

JC2 received lots of modding love on PC. Unfortunately, Mad Max (with which JC3 shares its engine) was very much not mod-friendly, so it's possible there won't be any real difference between PC and consoles in that respect at least.
I'd say that's not entirely true. I'm still working on tools for Mad Max, but my time is split between Mad Max, other games, and working so things are much slower. Although it is true that Mad Max has Denuvo, which is incredibly irritating, modding wise. Hopefully Just Cause 3 does not use Denuvo.

JonTerp posted:

They are referring to console versions being sold on Black Friday by some retailers breaking streetdate. But I assume you'll be able to tunnel to New Zealand to play 12 hours early like most other releases.
I believe Just Cause 3 has the same release time worldwide, at least US and AU do.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
That first hour gameplay video showed a "boy DRM sure is terrible" joke in one of the opening missions so it'd be kind of hypocritical if the game did have Denuvo.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Agnostalgia posted:

That first hour gameplay video showed a "boy DRM sure is terrible" joke in one of the opening missions so it'd be kind of hypocritical if the game did have Denuvo.
Denuvo isn't DRM. It's anti-tampering.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Also this:
http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/10/just-cause-3-will-support-mods/

Site is kind of lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Gibbed you better be ready to drop everything call in sick and dedicate yourself to Ricopatch

• Locked thread