Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I bet they'll put in a Tuk Tuk as free DLC at some point.

Also Just Cause 2 was the best game and I really hope Just Cause 3 is the even more best game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

game of the year decade

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

JC2's DLC was just weird poo poo that was there if you wanted it, none of it felt like they left it out of the game to sell you back later or whatever. If this were a Battlefront situation where they were selling at best half a game and expecting you to pony up for a season pass that cost almost as much as the game itself to actually have as much content as a 60 dollar game should have, it'd be one thing, but there's absolutely nothing to indicate that'll be the case for JC3.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Babe Magnet posted:

We think the Star Wars prequel movies are good, misunderstood films

'We' don't, just a couple extremely broken people in CD think that. Personally I still rate Episode 2 as the worst big-budget film I have ever seen and it's the only movie I walked out of in a theater.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Geokinesis posted:

Personally I'm just looking forward to tying things to other things and then them exploding :shobon:

I look forward to what new horrible things I can do with multiple wire things. I spent a lot longer than I reasonably should have tying vehicles to aircraft and then using them as wrecking balls.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

How's this run on a ps4? Should I get it or just wait til I finish buying pc parts.

Why not both?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This game kicks rear end and I'm glad my video card did not arrive yet, forcing me into the Xbone version which has been fine so far. Hopefully they get the kinks out of the PC version in the near future because I do want to play it there.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I actually like the challenges v:shobon:v

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oxyclean posted:

I don't get how boat frenzy 1 works at all. There's not nearly enough targets without needing to move the boat mid frenzy, which requires you to clumsily move from the gun to the drivers spot? The gun blows stuff up so slowly you just lose your multiplier anyways.

You can change your vehicle for this challenge, so I assume the idea is you come back later when you have the rebel corvette unlocked and just use that.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The minimap not being there is still really bad, like what the hell even. Other than that I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MinibarMatchman posted:

they've acknowledged there's "tech problems" and are working on patches for poo poo. all I want is less FPS stutter, MUCH shorter loads, offline mode, and gettin rid of that social record poo poo popup. any kind of objective compass would be gravy but right now it's too tedious to play this.

At least on Xbone the loads are just...inconsistent and weird. Like yesterday was fine, but today every loving thing took forgoddamever, I stopped playing after spending two and a half minutes in a load screen after restarting a challenge. I had the game running for less than ten minutes so the memory leak didn't even enter into it, I dunno what the hell is going on there.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pwnstar posted:

For races is it better to let my nitrous recharge all the way or should I be using little bursts as much as possible? Also I'm not sure whats best for planes since accelerate and nitrous are the same button so I have to slow down to speed up?

I use nitrous wherever there is a piece of road straight enough to use it. The car races have pretty lenient timers so it doesn't matter all that much when you use it, as long as it's relatively often that you do.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I realized in blitzing through the frenzy challenges that nearly all of them have a helicopter somewhere, so I have now cheesed most of them to 5 gears. Only exception so far has been the boat frenzy. So if you want to get easy access to some upgrades, just look around for a helicopter before you blow anything up.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fans posted:

Also I did the mortar challenge by just using my wrist wires. The mortar is terrible.

I love that you can just cheese most of the destruction challenges by using your wire things or a conveniently placed helicopter.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I hope physics bugs in open-world games never, ever go away.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

There is a mission for each region that will liberate it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

foozwak posted:

I've tried this like four times, taking special care not to hit any cars or anything else. Always explodes around 300-400 meters from the garage.

I have six tethers at max strength and they randomly snap off the boat all the time, no matter how careful I am with the helicopter. I do my best to even out the loading so re-attaching tethers in flight isn't too bad, but the worst is descending, because even if I tap ctrl for a split second to descend the boat bounces like crazy and because it weighs like a tank everything starts snapping rapidly.

Same deal with trying to drag it with the huge mining dumptruck. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something dependent on framerates or maybe something different with PS4 and PC or something else going on because what I'm seeing on videos and reading in posts is not matching up at all with me, despite too many attempts at doing exactly as shown and described. Bah! I give up

I got the Squalo to the garage by using one to two tethers at a time just pulling it along the road. Not using a vehicle or anything, just attach one to the ground and one to the boat and tighten. It worked a lot better than my attempts with the helicopter did, so maybe try that. I had the first strength upgrade unlocked when I did this.

mr. nobody posted:

I think I'm bugged, on the story mission Abandon Ship 3 times now after I activate the EMP Rico randomly starts staggering around and it interrupts shooting, grappling, regular movement and holding minigun.

I am pretty sure that's a bug because if I fail the mission he continues to do it outside of the mission loaded area. This happen to anyone else?

edit: I'm holding down the trigger during this entire clip except at the very end; this is outside of the mission area with that staggering around effect still happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwS2lWDry9o

This exact thing happened to me too and it was irritating as hell. Failed the mission twice because of it, even.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'm a good 3/4 done with the game and still enjoying the challenges. I've basically been liberating a province and then doing the challenges and collectibles before moving on and having lots of fun. The only ones I don't like much are the bavarium tethering ones because they are so easy that calling them a 'challenge' is a bit of an insult.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Odobenidae posted:

It's really weird how every cutscene ends that way like it's set up to be seamless but there's a loading screen after every single one. Can they not load while the cutscene is playing? I thought this was figured out a while ago.

That was probably their original intention, but this game was very obviously rushed out for a holiday release.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well I finished all of Just Cause 3 now. 5 gears on all the challenges, every vehicle collected, every collectible found. Now I'm kinda sad. Hopefully the DLC they add is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

foozwak posted:

Regarding the Squalo and how to get it to a garage - I've commented about this before but I think there has to be some difference with framerate or console or PC or something because nothing adds up. For some people it's easy as poo poo and for others it's loving nightmarish. I tried like 10 times in a row doing this :

Each time it blew up just before going into the sea. Others said just drag it with tethers up to the garage up the hill at the other spawn point. Each time I tried that it started smoking and blew the gently caress up 300 or so meters away from the garage, without ever hitting a car.

The funny thing is that the Squalo loving SUCKS for boat challenges. It's too heavy. As someone else said, just use the normal cigarette boat with nitrous 2.

Well I got it to the garage using the dragging it along the road with tethers method without issue on Xbox One.

Also the Squalo is great for the challenges, it's a LOT faster than anything else.

• Locked thread