Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Odobenidae posted:

- No ingame money. There's no cost to any weapons/vehicles you request in a supply drop.

Further proof that these are the only people who get freeroamers right. No, I don't want to sit through some god drat tutorial while you explain your three different currency systems to me, none of which will matter one bit once I get 1/3 or so into the game and have money coming out of my rear end (looking at you, every Ubisoft game). I want a big open area that's easy to travel around with a bunch of satisfying poo poo to do that usually involves some scaled-up version of the explody-barrels from Freedom Fighters.

GOTY 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Nullsmack posted:

I remember when DVD drives were becoming cheap and extremely common. As in, if your computer didn't come with one already you could buy one for $30-40. Even then games came out on 6+ CDs because of people bitching about not everyone having DVD drives. Having said that, I haven't bought a physical copy of a game in 5 or 6 years at least. My bandwidth is really going to hurt if this is really 40GB+. I hope they start preloading on Steam really soon.

I still have a retail copy of Half-Life 2 that came on 5 CDs. PC games finally started coming out on DVD and then like a week later everyone started buying $10 copies of six month old games on Steam and nobody cared about discs anymore.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

TCD posted:

So having never played JC1 or 2, is this a better console game (PS4) or PC or is there' generally not a major difference between PC and consoles?

If you've got a solid PC, you don't really have anything to lose by using the PC version, unless you're really into playing on the couch (yes, yes, "just run an HDMI cable from your PC!" we know, nobody cares). My plan is to get it on XBox One and then buy the PC version later for single digits when it goes on Steam sale. By then, mods will have happened and patch dust will have settled.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Have they changed anything about the mission structure for this one?

Blowing stuff up got pretty samey in 2 after a while and missions were few and far between.

If you didn't blow up every single blowupable thing on that map you haven't played enough Just Cause 2

• Locked thread