Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Peep Show on Youtube for the past years is one of my favourite sneaky secrets on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rewatching series 8 (which is actually a lot better than I remember), why did Dobby moving in require Jez to immediately move out? Could Mark not have bought a double bed?

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

Protodude posted:

I had problems with one of the proxies posted earlier, but I just went on youtube and found the whole episode in pretty good quality. Heck, it looks like the whole show is up there, some episodes having been uploaded years ago. I guess Channel 4 isn't too picky about copyright takedowns?

They block it in the uk but not in other countries, which seems like a surprisingly sensible approach.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

Rewatching series 8 (which is actually a lot better than I remember), why did Dobby moving in require Jez to immediately move out? Could Mark not have bought a double bed?

Presumably when your girlfriend moves in she doesn't want your skeezy best friend hanging about all the time.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Steve2911 posted:

I think Series 8 is great. Life Coaching, Vanity Publishing, Paint Balling, it's all very funny. Like others have said, I think Marks apartment is just way too small for 3 people.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I don't think Series 8 was awful, but there weren't as many iconic moments in it compared to other series. Jez taking up life coaching was my favorite recurring theme.

I'm also partial to the throwaway gag in the last Series 8 episode where Mark distracts himself from Jeremy by announcing that the cover of the magazine that he's about to read has an interview with the then-new coach of the U.S. men's soccer team Jurgen Klinsmann. Three years later, we're seeing the end of both Peep Show and (God willing) Klinsmann's tenure as coach.

Seriously, a scoreless draw against Trinidad & Tobago? gently caress off already.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

Would you move your girlfriend into a flatshare with Jeremy? The man will try it on with anyone.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Khablam posted:

e: to quantity why
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hola_(VPN)#Criticism

There's a persistent risk of some pretty bad poo poo happening to you if you use it, much in the same way as running a tor exit node.

gently caress...

But... US Netflix. :(

Anyway really liked the opener overall. Mark and Jez plotting together almost consistently throughout was a bit odd, and Jez's 'sorry in funny voices' routine was the least funny thing I've ever seen, but otherwise good stuff!

EDIT: And the repeated Candy Crush bit wasn't nearly disparaging enough to not have been a paid promo. gently caress that.

stev fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 18, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Steve2911 posted:

EDIT: And the repeated Candy Crush bit wasn't nearly disparaging enough to not have been a paid promo. gently caress that.

"ZUCKERBERG'S hosed ME AGAIN!" was amazing though.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This is a top 5 episode.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Could I marry my own son? No.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

One of the best episodes in Peep Show history.

So many people on twitter totally forgot Jez had been confirmed a few times already to be bisexual.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
Poor Jeremy is so confused.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

One of the best episodes in Peep Show history.

So many people on twitter totally forgot Jez had been confirmed a few times already to be bisexual.

"I've had sex with more men than that and I'm basically straight"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Barry Shitpeas posted:

"I've had sex with more men than that and I'm basically straight"

Or "The Bad Thing".

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dobby went punk and bagged a Brooklyn hipster caricature that beat the poo poo out of Mark. Good for her! I hope it lasts.

Great episode all around.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah this series has been fantastic and Jez's speech was amazing.

Or was it? Who am I to say? Who are you to read?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
The thermometer under the door. I loved it.

And her 'American' boyfriend's accent was a bit poo - but he is from Northern Ireland!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The twins! The loving twins!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

bango skank posted:

The twins! The loving twins!

My favourite thing is that it wasn't mentioned. They were just there. It was perfect.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This episode sounds great! Can't wait to watch it!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Taear posted:

And her 'American' boyfriend's accent was a bit poo - but he is from Northern Ireland!
Hollywood actors from Commonwealth countries imitating American accents seem more common than actual American actors. Why not do the same thing across the Atlantic?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Simon? Super Simon? Simon Hans?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Such an amazing episode. Love this show.

quote:

Who are you, and what you got against two hundred and forty lovely British volts?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
loving fantastic episode. I loved that Jeremy is so confused about his sexuality now that he's been with a Man that he actually likes

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I thought that episode huffed turds to be honest.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

This is the third Simon of the show, after Mark's sister's husband and Dobby's ex boyfriend. This is either a subtle reference or absolutely meaningless.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I feel a bit like we missed a step somewhere, I can see Jez loving a dude but I would assume that if that happened we would get to hear the internal rationalisation leading up to it though.

How many men has Jez been hinted at in the series so far? Big Suzes hunky monk comes to mind.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

massive spider posted:

I feel a bit like we missed a step somewhere, I can see Jez loving a dude but I would assume that if that happened we would get to hear the internal rationalisation leading up to it though.

How many men has Jez been hinted at in the series so far? Big Suzes hunky monk comes to mind.

It's been pretty explicit that he's open to loving dudes, including Mark.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Octy posted:

It's been pretty explicit that he's open to loving dudes, including Mark.

Yeah, I mean he and Super Hans swapped BJ's in what, Series 3?

Even if that hadn't been the case, I could see it fitting in with Jez's free-wheeling philosophy,

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Pompous Rhombus posted:

That was Season 1.

Hot Stunt fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Nov 19, 2015

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Genuinely surprised this is being so warmly received as it is, but good to hear its hitting the notes with some people. The thermometer gag has been done in other episodes and although Dobbie is better, I still think the ahow is better without. At least Mark seems to have some closure now. Some good lines, enough to keep me happy watching.

And not to tangent too far off, did anyone stick around for Toast?

When did Wednesday night become the new Friday night?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Fat Turkey posted:

Genuinely surprised this is being so warmly received as it is, but good to hear its hitting the notes with some people. The thermometer gag has been done in other episodes and although Dobbie is better, I still think the ahow is better without. At least Mark seems to have some closure now. Some good lines, enough to keep me happy watching.

And not to tangent too far off, did anyone stick around for Toast?

When did Wednesday night become the new Friday night?

Yeah, Mark is finally actually becoming an adult human, actually realizing that Dobby would be terrible for him.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I love that the second Mark decides to let go and grow up, hes immediately assaulted for his previous weirdness.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
The main thing I didn't like about this episode is that they're tying things up and answering a lot of questions and it reminds me this is the last ever series :(

Baby Ian got a mention though!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Fat Turkey posted:

When? I've recently (as in last week) rewatched the whole series and I don't remember it being done.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That whole hitchhiking bit was great. And Jez's speech. And Hans's vows. There were a lot of good Hans bits this episode.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

massive spider posted:

It's more than 4, because when Sophie told him she had only been with 4 guys he said "4 guys? I've been with more than that and I'm basically straight."

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 19, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
On the Pull is possibly my single favourite episode. It's unlike any others mainly because Mark actually seems like he's having fun for possibly the only time in the entire show.

That and the awkward scenes between Jez and Toni/Tony are fantastic. "They're going to use me for a sex game and then burn me in the bath"

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Even if that hadn't been the case, I could see it fitting in with Jez's free-wheeling philosophy,

When he asked Sophia how many men she's had sex he thought something along the lines of "I'm basically straight and I've had sex with more men than that"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Taear posted:

When? I've recently (as in last week) rewatched the whole series and I don't remember it being done.

I can't link it but Google Peep Show Jeremy Boiler Theory, its from series 6, where Jez explains why you stick the thermostat on a higher temperature than you need. They have a couple of heating discussions around that time, that being the best one, because I know people who also thought that's how thermostats work.

Which makes me Mark I guess :(

• Locked thread